Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Manual Node Reference (resized).JPG
Manual Light Reference (resized).JPG
s-l300 (resized).jpg
1_5 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I would like to utilize the mosfet trigger switch shown below to install LED lighting in the through, throne, and stadium lights of my GOT premium and avoid damage to the node boards. I have a separate 12V power supply for the mod LEDs. However, when I go to tie in the GI lighting from under one of the slingshots to the module trigger ports, it does some weird things. Instead of the light blinking, it stays on, or it causes the GI to stay on, etc. I'm not a pro at this small electronics, so any help would be appreciated.

I've attached images of the trigger switch module (it has two transistors in parallel), a diagram, and images from the Stern manual referencing the lighting.

Here's what I'd like to have happen:
- GI triggers the module (5V)
- Module turns "on" and allows 12V to go to the mod LEDs

So, essentially, I just want the GI to trigger the mod lighting. I have a separate power supply (12V) for the mod, so I am not using the game's power. I just need the game to trigger the supply of the 12V power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1_5 (resized).jpg1_5 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpgManual Light Reference (resized).JPGManual Light Reference (resized).JPGManual Node Reference (resized).JPGManual Node Reference (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

Anyone?

9 months later
#3 1 year ago

I wish someone would chime in.

We need a good generic solution to externally powered GI and flasher lighting triggered by tapping
the led

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-gi-w-mosfet-module and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.