spike_-_psu_fan_(resized).jpg
spike_-_psu_(resized).jpg
IMG_1904_(resized).JPG
12402206_10207163129669384_4900663303576275896_o_(resized).jpg
IMG_1087_(resized).JPG
IMG_1466_(resized).JPG
IMG_1467_(resized).JPG
IMG_3166_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Shoot, I'm not interested in the cooling aspects as I doubt it will be an issue with how my games get played. But, those fans in the GOT looks really cool. I may have to do this for cosmetic reasons. Heck of a lot cheaper than $40 for a speaker light kit but the same effect.
Dang you cap!

The same effect???

RGB color changing? Flash, fade and strobe lighting effects with speed control? Adjustable brightness? Remote controlled operation? The ability to create and store your own custom colors? The ability to easily integrate them with a Rock Custom Pinball undercabinet light kit and the game's flashers? The option to connect to a ColorDMD SIGMA to have the ability to remotely control and color sync with the SIGMA display?

I know my Speaker Light Kits offer all of those cool effects and features. I don't know anything about computer fans, so I don't know if they offer all of those things or not.

Or by "the same effect" did you just mean they are lights in the speaker holes?

To each their own and we are all entitled to our own opinions. If you think the fans look good and makes sense in a speaker hole, that is your opinion. What I don't agree with is that a light up PC fan, modified to fit in a pinball machines speaker hole, has the same effect as a Speaker Light Kit that was designed specifically for use in pinball machines.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

12402206_10207163129669384_4900663303576275896_o_(resized).jpg12402206_10207163129669384_4900663303576275896_o_(resized).jpg

IMG_1904_(resized).JPGIMG_1904_(resized).JPG

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

WHOA, take it easy there hoss. This is a thread on how to keep your spike fan from constantly blowing at a high RPM's, not lighted speaker thread. The cooling fans do what the thread is labeled. You want to advertise on my thread feel free, but do not expect oranges when we are all talking about apples here. I dig you LED speaker kits and have them in my SAM pins, but I had to do led fans for my spike games because it sounds like a jet engine taking off in my basement every 5 minutes.

I was responding to the "Heck of a lot cheaper than $40 for a speaker light kit but the same effect." comment that 85vett made. That is why I quoted him in my post.

I did not bring up the speaker light kits and my intent was not to advertise or hijack. I did feel the need to respond and point out my Speaker Light Kits are not the same as these fans, as was insinuated. The pictures were attached to further show this point that not all lights coming out of a speaker hole are the same.

Sorry if my post seemed uncalled for or rude....back to the cooling talk.

Hopefully the loud power supply fan is an issue Stern resolves. After playing it, I am thinking of getting a Ghostbusters myself. It would be my first SPIKE game and hopefully they have got more SPIKE bugs worked out by then.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-cooling-mod-for-kiss-wwe?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.