• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3091 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

So my foo le will just randomly start acting wonky and reboot sometimes and I will get slam tilt message .. has anyone ever seen this ?

So far I replaced the SD card(but I did copy the existing one) and swapped the PDU + Power Supply to no avail . No mods .

Thinking to swap CPU boards next … and I do have a ticket open with stern … but figured I’d see if anyone has seen this .

IMG_3091 (resized).jpegIMG_3091 (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

Is there an actual slam tilt on the coin door or inside the cabinet on the floor of the machine ? ( sorry I don't have a game to check )

If so be sure it isn't too sensitive.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I didnt think Sterns had a slam switch.

#4 1 year ago

Nope there is not I think it’s a incorrect error , heck I didn’t even install the tilt Bob yet

I also saw this happen once not even playing the game .

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

So my foo le will just randomly start acting wonky and reboot sometimes and I will get slam tilt message .. has anyone ever seen this ?
So far I replaced the SD card(but I did copy the existing one) and swapped the PDU + Power Supply to no avail . No mods .
Thinking to swap CPU boards next … and I do have a ticket open with stern … but figured I’d see if anyone has seen this .[quoted image]

Do you have a shaker motor installed? Try swapping the cabinet node with another game.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

Do you have a shaker motor installed? Try swapping the cabinet node with another game.

I do it’s an LE came pre installed .

I can definitely try that

A few things to note

1. The game starts to exhibit slow behavior before this happens , like it’s sluggish .
2. This has happened before when not playing the game so shaker was not active .

#7 1 year ago

Put in a new CPU board did same thing while not even playing .. then I tried playing and it’s must froze . Thing is out of whack

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Put in a new CPU board did same thing while not even playing .. then I tried playing and it’s must froze . Thing is out of whack

Did you try swapping the cabinet node 1?

#9 1 year ago

The one by the coin door ? That’s next

7 months later
#11 6 months ago

What was the problem? I had a slam tilt on SW today.

Quoted from Mando:

Well not node 1

#12 6 months ago

Just had the same thing happen on my Stranger Things LE while in attract mode. Made a repeated quick thumping noise, said “Slam Tilt” on the screen for about 5 seconds, crashed, then rebooted. Never happened before.

1 week later
#13 5 months ago

Just had my Foo Fighters Premium on in attract mode. Slam tilt came up with an annoying Errrrr sound. It rebooted and is working fine.

New electrical was added to game room with 20 amp service and a four plug outlet last year when we converted garage bay into a heated/cooled Gameroom. Game is connected to one plug through an Alexa enabled 4 plug extension. A separate Alexa enabled 4 plug extension is mounted to the wall. I plugged in a new DeWalt 20 volt lithium charger with a battery to charge. The slam tilt happened a few minutes later.

I unplugged the charger. Game reset. Played a game. Replugged the charger and put in the battery to charge so I do not think this is the problem.

Hopefully unrelated.

#14 5 months ago

Apparently there is a Slam Tilt switch somewhere in the cabinet:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#15 5 months ago

Just had it happen again, except this time on Foo LE. Game was in attract mode, made loud sound like a stuck motor or locked coil, gave a slam tilt warning on the screen, crashed, rebooted, and is working just fine. I believe it to be a Spike 2 operating system bug.

#16 5 months ago

You can optionally connect your own slam tilt switch to the cabinet node 1 board on the pin and connector indicated above. There is nothing there by default. This makes me think you have an issue with that node board. Any mods installed? Looks like all the coin switches are next to the slam tilt pin also on the same connector. Make sure they are wired correctly.

Somehow pin 4 on the CN5 connector is getting grounded to trigger the switch.

3 weeks later
#17 4 months ago

Did this ever get resolved? This started happening to my Foo yesterday https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/229#post-8070330 . I doubt it's actually a slam tilt because just like mentioned above by others mine started behaving wonky for a few seconds before it happened....loss of sound effects while I flipped around for maybe 10-15 seconds, then the SLAM TILT then the reboot. Surely a slam tilt would just be instant loss of flippers etc, not the 15 seconds of weirdness beforehand?

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Did this ever get resolved? This started happening to my Foo yesterday https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/229#post-8070330 . I doubt it's actually a slam tilt because just like mentioned above by others mine started behaving wonky for a few seconds before it happened....loss of sound effects while I flipped around for maybe 10-15 seconds, then the SLAM TILT then the reboot. Surely a slam tilt would just be instant loss of flippers etc, not the 15 seconds of weirdness beforehand?

I am starting to think this might be a bad SD card. PinMonk what do you think?

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am starting to think this might be a bad SD card. PinMonk what do you think?

Just replied to that post.

#20 4 months ago

Speaking of slam tilts and this only happened one time, well at least I only seen it happen one time... My game was just sitting in attract mode and I was doing something else, all of a sudden I heard this noise that I have never heard before. I looked over and FF slam tilted all by itself and resat. Never saw it happen again and it didn't happen during game play. No clue...

I honestly didn't think much of it, since this only happen once but then I saw in another thread about this post, figured I would say something.

Was there ever a solution?

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Speaking of slam tilts and this only happened one time, well at least I only seen it happen one time... My game was just sitting in attract mode and I was doing something else, all of a sudden I heard this noise that I have never heard before. I looked over and FF slam tilted all by itself and resat. Never saw it happen again and it didn't happen during game play. No clue...
I honestly didn't think much of it, since this only happen once but then I saw in another thread about this post, figured I would say something.
Was there ever a solution?

I experienced this exact same scenario on my FF pro. It happened only one time while the game was in sitting in attract mode and never again.

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

I experienced this exact same scenario on my FF pro. It happened only one time while the game was in sitting in attract mode and never again.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess I won't worry about it at this point since it only happen that one time. I mean it could have happen and I just didn't see it happen but who knows...

#23 4 months ago

I had it happen twice (that I know of) last week on my location foo premium. Hopefully a root cause is determined soon. I can't have it resetting in tournaments.

#24 4 months ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

I had it happen twice (that I know of) last week on my location foo premium. Hopefully a root cause is determined soon. I can't have it resetting in tournaments.

Maybe it has something to do with the code? I only had it happen recently, like within the last month or so...

Since they launched all the accessories for that game today, we should see a code update very soon.

#25 4 months ago

Mine did it 3 times within an hour on Sunday so was switched off ( it was supposed to be in my comp ). I've had 3 games since with no repeat yet. From posts on here it does seem to be mainly Foo Fighters affected so maybe it is a code issue.

#26 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine did it 3 times within an hour on Sunday so was switched off ( it was supposed to be in my comp ). I've had 3 games since with no repeat yet. From posts on here it does seem to be mainly Foo Fighters affected so maybe it is a code issue.

That is what I am hoping and thinking.

#27 4 months ago

Not seeing it listed in the notes. :/

Pro change log:

V1.00.0 - March 12, 2024
================================
== FEATURE CHANGES ==

COMBOS
- Combos must now be collected at the Overlord.
- Any time a combo is running (at least 2 shots), the Overlord will light to collect the combo.
- Collecting the combo at the Overlord will add it to your Best of You combo board,
scores 3x the current combo value (or 5x if you hit the back target inside the Overlord),
and ends the combo.
- Each combo collected will increases the COMBO COUNT on the combotron display,
and if it is a top 3 combo it will go into the Best of You chart.
- After 6 combos collected this way, Combotron Multiball is lit.
- The number of combos to qualify the next Combotron Multiball is increased by 3
each time Combotron Multiball is finished.

COMBOTRON MULTIBALL
- During Combotron multiball, lit combos score based on their color and keep the Combotron music playing;
if you take too long to continue the combo, the music will stop and combo color levels will be reset.
- Hit any red combo to light Overlord for Combotron Jackpot.
- Hitting unique red combos will increase the Combotron Jackpot multiplier, to a maximum of 5x.
- Combotron jackpot value is 20% of all combo shot values made, including any Foobot shot multipliers
but not including Playfield X or Raygun X.
- add combotron multiball achievements
- Add high score entries for Combotron Multiball and Combotron Combo Collect Champion

TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- Light TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- With topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos to light Toy Time Multiball.
- With the topper installed, collecting a band member combo will light the band member on
the front of the topper. By default, these lights carry across players and games
unless competition is installed. This behavior can be altered by the adjustment:

TOPPER FEATURE PERSIST BEHAVIOR -
This adjustment controls whether or not band members to qualify Toy Time multiball
carry across players and games, or always start fresh each player, each game.
* PERSIST UNLESS COMPETITION (default) - band member topper light progress is shared
amongst players and carry across games unless Competition Mode is installed.
* ALWAYS PERSIST - band member topper lights always carry over across players and games.
* NEVER PERSIST - band member topper lights are not shared between players and do not carry
over between games.
- With no topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos and the 6 cities to light Toy Time Multiball.

- TOY TIME MULTIBALL Rules
- Make a band member shot, then collect enough switches to light band member jackpot,
or continue hitting shots to build the jackpot value.
- Hit both Overlord targets to light Overlord lock for a timed lock where all switches count
double towards lighting jackpot and shots boost the jackpot twice as much.
- Each band member jackpot adds a ball and lets you repeat the process with another band member
- Once all band member jackpots have been collected, collect the Foobot Jackpot at the Overlord
for big points + instantly award a Foobot part (unless you have all parts, then it will instantly upgrade a part).

MODULATOR FRENZY
- Lit as the second Bot Award
- Started at the mod-u-lator paddle target
- While Modulator Frenzy is running, the mods will quickly cycle continuously, drop targets will stay down,
and each paddle hit will upgrade the currently lit mod until the mode ends
- If a Van Mode is running while Modulator Frenzy is running, shots to the paddle will instantly either add time,
boost scoring, or spot a shot in the current van mode.
- If Modulator Frenzy is running and a wizard mode is started, it will be paused and continued once the wizard mode finishes.

RULE TWEAKS:
- Extra ball will now light after 10 bots collected, instead of the 2nd Bot Award.
An additional Extra Ball will light after 30 bots collected.
- Bot Frenzy now starts with a ball saver time equal to the number of bots destroyed (in seconds).
- Added Bots Hit bonus that scores 50k per bot hit throughout the game.
- Removed "best of you" from bonus calculation.
- Bot Bonus will now always be awarded for every Bot Award, in addition to the Bot Award given
(previously was only given as the 5th Bot Award).
- Changed how Bomb Bonus works for Chicago: now the bomb bonus uses the base value of 2 million (instead of 3.5 million).
This brings these modes in line with the other modes when using bomb bonuses.
- Improved scoring balance of modes:
- Seattle increment value: 200k --> 250k
- Roswell base value: 1.5mil --> 1.75mil
- New Orleans inc value: 200k --> 150k
- In New York, lowered the spinner lockout period from 3 seconds to 1 seconds.
- In New York, shooting the spinner while it is in the build lockout period will now add 3 seconds to the mode timer
- Max build amount from spinner in New York is now 5 million.
- Tweak base combo scoring: Now is 25,000 + 5,000 for each band member combo made this game.
Band member combos can only be collected once each.
- Band Member combos now increment in score +2.5 mil
- Add new adjustment "OVERDRIVE COMP. BALL SAVE IN MBALL" which,
when used in conjunction with the OVERDRIVE COMPENSATION BALL SAVE TIME,
determines of the compensation ball save will be applied during multiballs. Default NO.
- Added mystery award "SPOT BAND MEMBER" that will spot a band member combo. Once awarded,
this mystery award isn't available again until you make a band member combo by shots
on the playfield.

SPEECH
- Added Overlord speech, featured in Toy Time Multiball.
- Added FooBot and Roadie instructional speech.
- Added Sonic Radio DJ speech.

DISPLAY AND LIGHTS
- Improve the progress bar for van modes to show discrete units so you can tell your exact progress.
- Change color of Area 51 arrow inserts to identify it as Area 51 shots vs. Overlord shots.
- Add Band Member Combos to instant info.
- Add jackpot values to display of Foobot Multiball while choosing a band member, improve award light effects.
- Properly unify the band member jackpot counter and Overlord hit counter so
once the Overlord is lit for add a ball the band member shot turns off.
- Added bonus light effects.
- Improve text layouts on Area 51 animations.
- Mask out outlane lights for some awards.
- Flash the radio targets when Sonic Radio is next award.

== BUG FIXES ==
- Mask out the arrow lights during Area51 intro lightshow so you can see the lit shots
- Fix bug where hitting a van mode shot during grace period wouldn't resurrect the timer properly
- Fix an issue where BOT AWARD would blink when it could not be awarded.
- Fix instant info showing the incorrect shot multiplier for foobot parts in some cases

== SYSTEM 3.64 ==
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.15.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "HOME TEAM MENU LOGS IN USER #1", which controls the
whether the first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start. Values are:
"NO" -- No one is automatically logged in at game start, default value
"YES" -- The first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start
- Added Standard Adjustment "ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR", which controls the
behavior of the lockdown bar action button. Values are:
"DISABLED" -- action button does nothing in attract mode
"ENTER GAME PLAY MENU" -- action button enters the game play selection screen
"START GAME" -- action button start a game, default value
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Home to set:
"FREE PLAY" to YES
"HSTD INITIALS" to 10 LETTER NAME
"HSTD RESET COUNT" to OFF
"KNOCKER VOLUME" to LOW
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to FREE PLAY ONLY
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition to set:
"COMPETITION MODE" to YES
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT" to NO
"TILT_WARNINGS" to 2
"GAME_RESTART" to NO
"COIN DOOR BALL SAVER" YES
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT" to YES
"LOST BALL RECOVERY" to NO
"PLAYER GAME MODE" to NO
"ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to NEVER
"ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to DISABLED
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to OFF
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT" to NO EXTRA BALLS
"START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to SINGLE CREDIT
"TARGET GAME TIME" to NO TARGET TIME
"TIMED PLUNGER" to OFF
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH" to OFF
- Recommended steps to configure a game for a tournament are:
Service Menu->Util->Install->Default Setting
Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition
- Changed Play Again screen so that it will restart the previously selected Game Play Mode.
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#29 4 months ago

I'll have to see if my shakers from Stern came with that but I'm thinking now that I did see it. Guess I will install one on FF but are we installing this on all shakers now or only the ones that exhibit this issue?

#30 4 months ago

Had this happen a couple times recently to my Aerosmith (Pro). I know it's got the 502-7060-00 capacitor kit(s) installed, verified when I first got the game. No added slam tilt switch. No shaker motor.

A couple other notes on this...

One slam tilt occurred during Rats In The Cellar mode gameplay (other one was in attract mode). Anyone who's played AS enough knows Rats is the slowest, most sluggish mode in the entire game. Always a lot of LCD / lamp / flasher freeze-ups during mode play plus an occasional, but rare, game-wide sound freeze + lamp blackout lasting about 1.5 seconds. Nearly a complete game crash but never has got that far (for me).

I also have a Toy Box opto power cable that cuts out on occasion underneath causing erratic TB behavior. One of these days I'll have to tear into it, re-flow the solder on the male connector and/or replace the female connector (if I can correctly identify it for a replacement). Maybe that's causing some kind of electrical "noise" affecting operation of the node boards. I don't know...

#31 4 months ago

I've only seen it happen once on my FF so after reading the bulletin Joe posted, I went ahead and installed it since the shaker I bought did come with it.

I'm just wondering if I should be installing it on my other Stern games with shakers as a precaution or just skip it?

1 week later
#32 3 months ago

Have t had this happen on mine in a a while now but same as you all describe . The coil that seems to fire is the overloaded capture and then bzzz reset.

1 month later
#33 71 days ago

Anyone ever get this resolved? I am seeing this on my stranger things pro. Had it happen twice. Did the solution above work?

#34 70 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Anyone ever get this resolved? I am seeing this on my stranger things pro. Had it happen twice. Did the solution above work?

The slam tilts happened just that 1 day on my Foo. Then it was fine for a few weeks. Now it's losing the node bus regularly, stern helping me diagnose.

#35 64 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

I only had it happen once on my game. I installed the diode and have not had it happen since.

#36 59 days ago

Mando

hey adam...did you fix this? i've got this occurring on a stranger things premium, no shaker, and it happens in attract mode.

1 week later
#37 52 days ago
Quoted from youdontknowme:

Mando
hey adam...did you fix this? i've got this occurring on a stranger things premium, no shaker, and it happens in attract mode.

Mine just did it a second time today. Pro for me.

#38 48 days ago

My Star Wars le just did it today when I was having An awesome game too ! Has to be something to do with software

#39 46 days ago

I had unplugged the dollar bill validator wire and it has not re-occurred but that may be a coincidence.

#40 43 days ago

Just to add to the chorus of voices here, my Deadpool Pro did this last night in the middle of a game. Nothing particularly unusual going on prior. Just made the noise, said "Slam Tilt" on the display, flashed a few things quickly on the screen and then rebooted. Hopefully they'll track down this issue. I don't have a shaker motor on this pin but do have an aftermarket subwoofer that thumps nicely.

#41 43 days ago
Quoted from WinslowLeach:

Just to add to the chorus of voices here, my Deadpool Pro did this last night in the middle of a game. Nothing particularly unusual going on prior. Just made the noise, said "Slam Tilt" on the display, flashed a few things quickly on the screen and then rebooted. Hopefully they'll track down this issue. I don't have a shaker motor on this pin but do have an aftermarket subwoofer that thumps nicely.

is the aftermarket subwoofer drawing to much power?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 499.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,700 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.