Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by falcon950
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Has anyone experienced a Stern Spike 2 game restarting during a cold boot? Mine initializes and the says, "Game Restarting". It then boots up normally and plays fine. Can't figure out why it restarts during the initial boot process though.

#2 1 year ago

Did you update the code right before this happened?

#3 1 year ago

I did recently update to the new 1.20.0. But i can’t say for sure thats when it started.

#4 1 year ago

How many games had you played since the code update?

#5 1 year ago

I would say no more than 100

#6 1 year ago

I also recently installed the millenium falcon mod but it works fine and is installed as directed. I wired into node board 10a on a cn2 connector. Works great. Not sure if that would cause an issue but thought I'd mention it.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I also recently installed the millenium falcon mod but it works fine and is installed as directed. I wired into node board 10a on a cn2 connector. Works great. Not sure if that would cause an issue but thought I'd mention it.

I would try with that mod removed from the equation, to start narrowing stuff down. My Spike 2 games do say "Starting up...". You are seeing "Game is restarting" ?

#8 1 year ago

Yes it says game restarting during the star wars logo screen prior to when it says starting up. But when it restarts it then boots and works fine with no issues.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Has anyone experienced a Stern Spike 2 game restarting during a cold boot? Mine initializes and the says, "Game Restarting". It then boots up normally and plays fine. Can't figure out why it restarts during the initial boot process though.

i had this happen a few times during code updates. I just powered off and restarted the code update again, and it fixed it. Maybe try reinstalling the code.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i had this happen a few times during code updates. I just powered off and restarted the code update again, and it fixed it. Maybe try reinstalling the code.

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually have already tried that. In fact I did a full reflash of the SD card and same problem.

Frustrating

#11 1 year ago

Not sure if this helps but another symptom is that it only seem to happen during a cold boot. If the machine is running and I do a power off and back on there is no restart.

#12 1 year ago

mine is doing this from time to time, too, but apart from this I have had no issues yet, so I don't care much...

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

mine is doing this from time to time, too, but apart from this I have had no issues yet, so I don't care much...

Are you using the new 1.20.0 code?

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would try with that mod removed from the equation, to start narrowing stuff down.

OP, have you tried disconnecting the mod like RC mentioned above?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

OP, have you tried disconnecting the mod like RC mentioned above?

Not yet but I will as soon as I get a chance. Been busy with hunny doo's. Lol

#16 1 year ago

Update...spoke to Stern about the issue and they think it is related to the SD card. Great customer service and are replacing it under warranty. I'll let everyone know if it fixes the problem as soon as I get the new SD card. If not I will try unplugging the mod and see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

1 week later
#17 1 year ago

Just received new disk from stern and booted up machine. I have restarted twice with no problems. Additionally, the boot up seems faster and and the initializing screen goes by faster. It definitely seem like it was the SD card. Again thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Fortunately I get to keep my light up mod.

Will update if anything changes but so far all seems good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-2-restart-during-cold-boot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.