IMG_0379 (resized).jpg
IMG_9377 (resized).jpg
20180121_225933 (resized).jpg
20180118_113450 (resized).jpg
20171223_184816 (resized).jpg
20180108_220801 (resized).jpg
20180120_121453 (resized).jpg
20180121_210306 (resized).jpg
after-a-late-fourth-quarter-push-spike-2-speaker-light-kits-are-meow-available (resized).jpg
new light kits (resized).jpg
new type in Aero (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I've seen a couple of vids on youtube of some (SW, BM66, AS) pins with the new Stern Spike 2 Rectangular Speakers that have lights installed around the rectangular speaker opening. I've searched all the usual sources with no luck. Is anybody producing these for sale or all the ones I've seen homemade??

Yes, I have the Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games complete, but I need to have the install instructions made and add them to the website. There may also be an added delay for a couple of the acrylic designs as I am still working out details on their mounting hardware. I don't want to list something and the early buyers be sent something that is improved on a few weeks later.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

4 weeks later
#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Any word on these kits? I don't see these on anybody's site...

I have had a few light kits in games for testing for a couple of months now. All has gone well.

This past week I sent out a couple of more sets to a customer with a link to my install instructions (that are still being compiled). I should be getting feedback soon from them on the install, the install instructions and the actual light kits.

I have designs for Batman 66 and Aerosmith ready, but have hit a small delay concerning some other designs moving forward. This is something that may take a bit more time to get resolved, but when it is, it shouldn't be an issue moving forward.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

so are the as kits for sale?

Not yet. I plan on having the SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits on my website for sale as soon as I have the install instructions tested / verified and posted.

There will still be delays on SW and GotG designs as well as some add-on parts that a user of Flipper Fidelity or Pinball Pro speakers might want to buy to make their install easier. These are things that can wait and I plan on having the light kits for sale on the website before those items are ready.

Quoted from jyeakley:

Also, any pics?

new type in Aero (resized).jpgnew type in Aero (resized).jpg

new light kits (resized).jpgnew light kits (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I have not seen your Star Wars speaker frames but would like to. Can you post pictures? I checked on your site and could not find them. Do they light up or are they just external for decoration? When will you have these available? Cost?
Thank you!

Are these available yet or do you have an update for Star Wars? Does your kit light up white only if desired? Cost? Thank you!

The Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE 2 games should be on my website within the next couple of weeks. I have acrylic designs for Batman 66 and Aerosmith ready and Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy will be coming shortly after if they are not ready when the light kits are posted.

These light kits will use the same 44 key RGB remote that my current light kits have. They have 20 pre-set static colors (including white) with adjustable brightness, 6 different light transition modes (jump, fade, flash, etc..) with adjustable speed and brightness and 6 DIY buttons so you can program and save your own custom colors. Price will be announced at product launch. Thanks for your interest.

2 weeks later
#13 6 years ago

www.SpeakerLightKits.com

after-a-late-fourth-quarter-push-spike-2-speaker-light-kits-are-meow-available (resized).jpgafter-a-late-fourth-quarter-push-spike-2-speaker-light-kits-are-meow-available (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Ordered one for Aerosmith. When will the acrylics for Aerosmith be available?

I guess the last Aerosmith Acrylic Design sold a couple of hours ago. I should have plenty more in stock early next week. I should also be getting my first Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy designs in for testing at that time....so if all goes well, their designs will be on the website soon after that.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Ordered three sets,will you have any more acrylics choices for AS and others type 11 kits or just the one choice

I'm not sure. I've been trying to get the light kits and a design for each out as soon as I could. Sometime I will have more than one design when I first post them on my website, but there have been plenty of other times that new designs have been added later. If any of these initial 4 games would be getting a 2nd design, I would expect Star Wars would be the first of them. As for Aerosmith...I had a hard time thinking of anything (It's a jester juggling 3 silver balls...they are not washers mounted on the front of the design), if there is one thing that game doesn't need it's another Aerosmith logo on it somewhere. When I get designs out for these first 4 games I will see about new designs.

As it was, I had a lot to do and a few delays when getting the new SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits out. I really wouldn't have expected it to take a year. Especially when I think about how the original Speaker Light Kits for Stern SAM games only took about 2 weeks from first concept until having a few sets to show off in games at Pinball Expo in 2012. On the SPIKE 2 kits, as soon as I would think I was getting close, I would see something else that could use a change. I tried my best to make them as good as possible and I can assure you there is no one in the world that has put more thought, time or effort into pinball speaker lights.

Thanks for your order,

Doug

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Arrived, unpacked, and installed!! Awesome quality and well engineered, best of the ones I've bought.......and the instructions are top notch!!

I'm glad to hear the install went smoothly and the instructions were clear. I went over them many times, as well as having them read over and tested by a few others.

In case it wasn't noticed on one of my previous posts...these light kits also have adjustable brightness if you want less.

I hope you like the light kits and thanks for posting the pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
6,495 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spike-2-bm66-as-sw-speaker-light-kits-availability?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.