IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Only way I would ever buy a spiderman Pin, man that cartoon was big when I was a kid.

I agree, if they don't go comic, I am not buying. I liked the movies, but it's not Spider-Man to me unless it's in comic form.........Spider-Man is one of 4 that shaped the entire comic industry.

3 months later
#177 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And this is the biggest question as they get ready to do this. IM was way over the cost of a new Pro. So that game made sense. I think there will be excitement for the new art package, but it is still Spider-Man. It's like my girlfriend buying a new dress. She is still the same person.

You ever see what happens when a girl spends 10k on a new set of tatas......She gets a 100k ROI!

#178 8 years ago

If Stern was smart they would price these at $5500. They would sell a shit load of them with minimal development costs and they could use the pin as a production filler. This would also give them a better understand of their pricing elasticity? The more I think about it, the more I think a premium price point would be a huge fail.

1 month later
#329 8 years ago

If they launch this at premium pricing this game will be as rare as Luci........Few will buy it. If Stern was smart they would price this $400 above a pro and learn about pricing elasticity! They learned a lot from Iron Man, but Spidey has the potential to teach them a lot more about future business opportunities. If they were wise, they wouldn't blow it. I am out at premium pricing, but at $5200, I will jump right in.

3 weeks later
#549 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

New art, sound and lighting.
Still plays the same, and why not, it's a great pin.
$6500

If this is priced at $6500, this will be a huge fail for Stern. Few will buy it at that price, myself included.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's probably going to end up being that price. Custom armor, new art, new toys, etc etc. They're going to position it as a premium game.
I'd love to be wrong, because if it's less than that I'll probably buy it. But no matter how nicely it's dressed up it's going to be the same game as the one I can already get for a lot less if it's too pricey.

I hope you are wrong Aurich. I personally think it will be priced at a new tier, which will eventually be the new pro pricing.....$5200-5500. Stern would be foolish to have custom armor on this game as it will only add costs that people will not pay. This game should be about one thing and one thing only, does it make sense to retheme games?? One of the biggest costs associated with building games is the design costs. This game could give Stern the ability to learn a lot about their customer base......and price elasticity for such a product. If they price this high, it just won't sell, go ahead Stern try it........Just like you tried "The Pin".

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think you're incorrect. the market has already shown that it will bear prices exceeding $7000 easily. the fact that people are still pre-ordering machines to the point of selling out the LE many times before a single image is leaked just shows stern that with the right license (and the right people behind the helm of said title) they will sell through their allocated [limited] numbers
unless the generic public, operators and collectors [collectively all] go back to sitting on their stacks of cash and actually waiting for the machine to arrive in the distributor showrooms before deciding, people will continue to do what they've doing. get worried that they'll miss out on what may be a limited run and pay up front so as to not miss out
if this were not the case, things like the Predator and j-pop fiascos would never have occurred
some of the members here will collectively continue to moan about lack of code, shortcuts that were taken, options that could have been included (or been better), but in the end, as long as they are selling [out] the LEs/premiums as soon as they are announced, they will be able to set (and/or continue to raise) the prices of their offerings

This is a simple argument of "new pu$$y" vs. "old pu$$y". Spider-Man is old and I don't think people will be willing to pay. That being said, if the changes made make it feel like an entirely "new" game, your theory will be correct. This is not about a price barrier at $6500, because to your point, we know there is no barrier, this is about people wanting to pay $6500 for a game most have already owned or played to death. Ironman was a huge success because it was priced as a pro, same with the 15th run of Tron.......Great games, at a great price.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

SMVE will sell. And it will be Premium price.
Remember, this is a hobby where people lined up to re-buy a game they already owned because it had a purple chick in high heels.

Luci did not sell well, they liquidated them. SMVE will sell, but not well and not worth the effort. I will tell you this, I have been talking about this game for almost a year, there is no one more excited and if this is priced too high, I am saying Fuk it! Did I mention I am in on RZ!!!

#593 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

12 pages without a single image or real update. We all need to get out more.

Just for you Kaneda.......Spidey VE

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#773 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Everyone's MO is always the same on here:
1. Reveal Pin
2. Claim you won't buy it
3. Ships
4. Sells like crazy (minus WWE and Mustang).
We get it, it's pricey. But man, it's EFFIN Gorgeous. 10x Nicer than the old. Give Stern credit guys. They knocked this out of the park. Ghostbusters is gonna be EPIC.

GB will be epic and that is why I am not buying this one.

#819 8 years ago

Music still sucks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=thedarkknight77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.