IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Comic book art with animations from the movie on the DMD would look really stupid IMO. I do think comic book art would look WAY better but they would have to change the DMD animations to match.

Plenty of people love SM and it will sell very well IMO. I bet it will have comic art, new call outs, & new dots.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It will be on the Spike system as well . . . statements to the contrary Gary has made about VE games notwithstanding.

That would certainly spike interest in it!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they're going to license the movie assets for audio and dmd - then there's not much point in redoing the art package. The whole rumor is very odd.

That's just it. They don't have license to do old SM movie pin but can get the comic license for art and sounds.

#64 8 years ago

More probable to have an announcement at comiccon with some art then having a new machine there.

Quoted from Aurich:

They really play nothing alike, even if on the surface they seem pretty similar.

I've had them side by side and this is how I felt as well.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wouldnt go that far
Ive already owned SM twice. Awesome game, just a bit overrated. But better call outs, sounds, dots...that could bring it in pretty close for me.

Top 1 game for me

3 months later
#136 8 years ago
Quoted from kesselrig:

I really like the idea of a comic themed version. I won't have a chance to play the original until I visit the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas at the end of the year.
Can anyone who has played both this and X-men comment on how similar they might be. Wondering if the three flipper fan layout might be too close for a two machine collection.

I had both side by side and they don't play anything alike IMO. SM is flow with longer ball times XM is a super fast tougher pin that can hand your ass to you quickly. They work well together in a collection.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dude how about SM vs ST?

I've had both those side by side as well. More similar then XM for sure. That said the warp ramp, away team, left scoop gives ST enough distinction for them to work together IMO. However, if your looking for stark contrast in pins it might not be the route you want to go.

1 month later
#325 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

This is me. I don't care about bells and whistles. Just want a game which plays great and looks good. My only hesitation will be the price point...

Yeah if priced right it will sell very well like at $5100-5300 delivered price point. If at $6K+ I think it would struggle to sell more then a few hundred of them. Guess we will see soon.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm curious to see the dots and callouts they have to change as well. This might not be just look at the PF and cabinet art now send us your money.

From all the info I've seen it's new dots, sound, and art. Same great ruleset.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

People are so funny. $5,300 i'm interested, but $6,300 I'm out. Pahhhhhhhhlease. Let's face it. If it's sweet, NIB and awesome, everyone who is considering one will be in. Stern always wins out because of one simple fact, "Life is short and what else you gonna buy NIB?"

It's a huge difference and would drastically affect sales IMO. I would think about it at $5300 but wouldn't at 6K+. I think there are others that feel the same.

If I really wanted a SM I'd go pick up a pristine older version for around $5K instead of pay 6K+ for a NIB comic. NIB pins are a gamble especially with the current quality control at Stern. HUO at least you see what you get before dropping a ton of money on it.

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

If they really nail the comics version, hopefully they will also sell a upgrade kit for those with "old spiderman" pins

Not gonna happen they want to sell the new version not encourage people to keep the old one.

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

If the VE comes out at $6700 would the pristine older one be worth more than $5000?

No I don't think so. A NIB SM VE at $6700 would devalue greatly once opened IMO and settle near $5500-$5800. Pristine old ones won't go much above $5000 in the near future given that a VE is being done regardless of it's price. With so many new pins coming out all older pins seem to be dropping a bit in value and desirability. Just my opinion of course.

2 weeks later
#631 8 years ago

I'd be surprised if the new VE was in the Premium price range. I'm thinking it will be closer to $5200 range but that could be way off, guess we will see. I think it would be a misjudgment/mistake to release SMVE at the Premium price range.

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

It's confirmed and coming at premium pricing. Sounds like it will be announced at some point today.

How disappointing. I think that will cost them in sales. I know I'm out at the Premium price range as I assume some others will be as well. If it was around $5200 I'd be tempted but at premium price point I have no interest regardless of how the art and dots look. Hope all that get one love it though!

#761 8 years ago

One cool thing is what they did for doc magnet. Hope they start doing this for all their magnets will prevent wear and give the magnet area more kick. Still out at this price point but think it looks good.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

5 months later
#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from eXitStrategy:

Tempted to remove my CDMD from my LOTR and put in the SMVE.

I wouldn't do that you'll only get one color with SMVE as opposed to full color on LOTR. The ColorDMD is out for regular SM but as far as I know they have not colorized the VE.

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Color ROMs for both Spiderman games get released Tomorrow.

That is awesome I had no idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.