IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

If these rumors are true, what are the chances of Stern unveiling a new machine while they are at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend? Seems like the perfect opportunity unless its too soon since the Kiss announcement...

#58 8 years ago

"It's time to pay, Marko!" - easily one of the most annoying callouts on any pinball machine...

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ya. Audio killed SM for me. Doc Ock is my favourite shot in all of pinball. I want it back, bad.
I've always had this thought that SM was respected rather than loved. Could they reboot it to generate some sweet spidey lurve?? Yes please.

This is what I find interesting about pinball - some people LOVE the audio and others find it grating. Stern cant please everyone all the time, but you know you'll still hear about it on pinside.

3 months later
#140 8 years ago

XM and SM have very few similarities. If a friend of mine didnt already have an XM Id put one next to SM in a heartbeat. Love both those games.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

0% chance they'll base it on that shitty low budget Sat AM art. It'll look like good, more current comic book Spidey art

I really hope you're right and can't fathom artwork like that on a modern pin. Besides the minute amount of nostalgia, I can't fathom why anyone would want that style artwork on a modern pinball machine (maybe a slow, clunky EM, but even then...) - Give me McFarlane any day or something more modern like Campbell.

#206 8 years ago

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_316.jpgAmazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_316.jpgAmazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_500_Textless.jpgAmazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_500_Textless.jpg

2 weeks later
#222 8 years ago

I wonder how much the GOT delays will impact their timing on releasing the news on their next title...

#224 8 years ago

LE delays getting pushed into December...

2 weeks later
#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Lower price, sell more, higher price sell less. Choose wisely Stern.

Lol, and which one is the wise choice? Hypothetically if they sell 1000 units at $4500 with a profit of $500 per game that's $500K in profit but 1000 machines to service, maintain, deal with quality issues, etc.

Now let's say they sell only 250 but they're marked up an additional $2000 to $6500. With a gross profit of $2500 per game, that results in a net profit of $625K ($125K MORE $$$) AND now they have 75% less machines to service and deal with quality issues/customer complaints.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but from a business perspective there is a clear and obvious choice there...

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

That does not consider aftermarket so the choice is not that obvious

I'm not really sure what you mean by aftermarket. Regardless, considering my post was all hypothetical anyway it really doesn't matter. My point was to simply shed light on what seems to be a common misconception that selling more of something at a lower price will result in more profit than selling less at a higher price. It's often not the case.

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is really disconcerting because he said it so matter of factly not to believe the rumors online.

Didnt he do the exact same thing just a day or two before the Game of Thrones announcement?

1 week later
#476 8 years ago

I hope they rework some of the rules. I love the layout but dont like how repetitive everything is. I would love to see the spider sense shot behind the third flipper be more important and actually be something worth risking such a dangerous shot for.

#495 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does Peter even talk in the current game? Seems like it's all the bad guys.

"It's time to pay Marco"

#517 8 years ago

If its junky, cheaply drawn modern ultimate-plates-cups-and other crap-spiderman art then I will be thankful that will be one less pin to buy this year.

#564 8 years ago

I used to be all worked up over what the art is gonna look like and how it's gonna be priced. I'm just looking forward to the announcement already so I can make my damn mind up. I have a feeling the art is gonna be love it or hate it which could make it an easy decision if it falls in the "hate it" category. If I love it, then I'll worry about the cost and whether or not it's that much better than the original to justify it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.