IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 8 years ago

I'd think the price will be in between pro and premium, meaning street price $5700

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I might too! But only if they really kill the package. If it's a compromise or not that great then pass, why pay all that extra for anything less than a stellar job?

IMO part of the new version has to be new dots, the old game were as bad as any game (as bad as IM). So if it's a new art package as well as new dots (that could lend to color DMD) this would be a serious upgrade.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Will people pay $6500 for hand-drawn art?"
One word: Luci.

Not, the Luci was also a premium and the premiums were already selling for $6500 so not any big price raise for the Luci, more like just an additional supplement to the game like iPhone silver or gold. It's the same iPhone.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

That said, does anyone know if Stern is hiring a famous comic book artist ? Any hints of classic Spider-Man styling or more modern. I would looove Ron Frenz or a similar style. Who would you want to do the Art???

Well some people do know, they work for Stern. But nothing's official yet and no one here knows for sure if the game will even come out much less what it will look like, this whole thread is speculation.

Quoted from kaneda:

Nobody knows anything about this pin. Wait and see.

1 month later
#277 8 years ago

I've heard SM VE is a sure thing, but the price is going to be more in line with premium. Or might be exactly what a premium costs I'm assuming that means $6700-$6800.

That's a hard pill to swallow for me, especially if doesn't have color changing inserts like other premium games.

I'm all for this VE but the price creap is getting old. I'm not suggesting that this should be sold at pro prices ($4800) but a $2000 jump to premium price seems excessive. IMO, but hopefully it'll have color full armor and other value added features.

Don't think the old SM owners will have to worry about their games going down in price.

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The spiderman re-themed VE certainly could have color changers added. Maybe not to Star Trek Premium/LE levels, but a few added for effect.

Let's hope. Are you guessing or do you know this as a fact?

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

MSRP or actual distributor pricing?

I was told "it'll cost the same as a premium"

I did not get the actual quote, I'm not sure when or exactly how much but I was a bit in shock as Aurch said. That's a lot of money. I guess they're going to make money at the cost of volume.

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not even guessing. Just spitballing.

You're giving Stern too much credit then.

How bout a color DMD while we're at it?

#288 8 years ago

I was hoping to split the difference mid $5s

I'm not crazy about mid-high $6s

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm not really sure what you mean by aftermarket. Regardless, considering my post was all hypothetical anyway it really doesn't matter. My point was to simply shed light on what seems to be a common misconception that selling more of something at a lower price will result in more profit than selling less at a higher price. It's often not the case.

He meant used market, so a nice used one $4800 or $6800 for a NIB VE.

BSM people were willing to pay $1500 more for what?

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I would guess they are budgeting on a lot more than 500. At the Premium price point that may be a challenge.

I agree with that.

My interest at $5200 is high but my interest at $6700 is low.

Unless it's really cool, like the best art Stern has ever done.

#326 8 years ago

I'm thinking, if it's priced $6K, it'll have to have something like color armor (with button guards) at the very least, likely a shaker. (this is what I mean by value added, most wouldn't spend $600 to upgrade their armor, but if the game comes with it, it'll make the price a little palatable).

I'm curious to see the dots and callouts they have to change as well. This might not be just look at the PF and cabinet art now send us your money.

I don't know that they need to change any modes like Bonesaw or Rescue MJ because they're comic characters as well, not created for the movies.

#351 8 years ago

Wonder if the new code will fit on the classic version, if the new dots let's say take up more space?

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

So the old business question in any business to an owner, is it better to sell more pins to increase volume at lower profit lets just say or sell fewer pins at higher gross profit margin?

another aspect is to dominate or injure the competition.

If Stern wants to impact JJP in any way, take away excess collectors room and money from the market. Stern can do this more effectively by selling 1200 pins at $5000 than if it sold 300 pins at $6600.

Follow this up with LOTR VE just as JJP is struggling to come to market with The Hobbit.

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Quality > Quantity
All day, every day.

Fun > 'not fun' every day

I'll take 'Low quality' fun pin like IM or Tron over a tour de force pin that I don't find fun to play.

Not saying Woz is bad but I don't care for the gameplay, there's a whole thread debating if Woz is fun or not and some people not just me fall on the not fun side.

I'm not saying JJP does not put a lot of weight into their games, but I'll take a light game like IM.

2 weeks later
#539 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I gonna say real world price will be like a premium. 6500 plus tax shipped. Just my 2cents

This is what a dealer told me off the record, didn't get an actual price but was told it'll be priced as a premium.

I'd likely pass unless it includes color DMD type display. Otherwise I figure in another $410 for that upgrade.

$6500 plus needing to add a color DMD and side decal or shaker would be pushing $7,000+

I really wish we'd know something already because I have another deal I'm holding back on due to the unknown SMVE details.

If anyone has any private info please PM me I'll keep it secret.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If this is priced at $6500, this will be a huge fail for Stern. Few will buy it at that price, myself included.

Few years ago that got you an ACDC BIBLE

well I'm not saying it's terrible but I'm saying throw in a color DMD and you're looking at $7000 PDQ.

#563 8 years ago

With people modding games with fancy armor, color DMD, total light mod, painted figurines etc..

It would not be impossible for someone to have $6600 into a Met pro.

So at $6500-$7000 for a SMVE can it be rationalized?. IDK.

I'm hoping the selling price will be $5500 but I'm fearing the price will be $6600.

#692 8 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

It's confirmed and coming at premium pricing. Sounds like it will be announced at some point today.

while I understand this is a game before the pro/premium structure, I can't really see how much extra stuff it has than Met pro. I mean 3-flippers and 3-ramps that's an addition of a flipper and a ramp on SM plus the web slingers.

But Met has 2 magnets, in line drops, snake, mystery scoop.

About ST pro to SM, yes SM has magnet and web slingers but how much does that add to the cost? I'm not seeing $2000 more cost. However I suppose PF support rails and side armor will be value added, good armor is about $600.

Plus let's say it's $6600 street price add a shaker, add a Color DMD and protection and that brings it to $7200.

1 month later
#925 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Same here, I was more than ready to sell my original Sm and grab a VE if the art was decent and the price fair.
No chance of that ever happening now, I will stick with the original.

If it was McFarlane art, might have been a bigger draw for me, also the same art of both sides of the cabinet I know it's easyier to do that and other pins have done that, but other pins have also not done that namely XM even the pro there is different art on both sides. Plus the price (IMO) kept people away in droves.

I'm not saying it's a bad pin but much like WNBJM you really need to want one at this price. If they're at a lower price like $5500 more people would buy on impulse. I sure would have.

3 months later
#1111 7 years ago

How are the rules different than original SM?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.