IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Jan 5th or there abouts expect some news.
Comic art, new molded toys, etc...

The "insight" in your posts intrigues me. Could be your avatar though?

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you improve on an already great pin? I paid $5k for a perfect HUO example with spare parts and Ritchie sigs.
I just pulled the cover off after a long hiatus of playing other pins. SM sits right next to TWDLE, and while its good for a half dozen fun plays it will never come close to the overall experience with TWD imho.
That said, again, its a fun pin with great callouts, modes, etc.......but do we need another rehashed "vault edition"?
I'm gonna say F NO!
Coghlan's law, "Bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint". If you want an SM its out there. I see just another cash grab from the dummies that don't know any better. But hey, to each his own.

I agree. Is it necessary to remake a great game that is already sold at a decent price? SM is $4500-$5000 for a decent one now. Is it worth it to put off a current purchase now and pay $1000+ more for a VE that may never happen and that may have art that is not to your expectations? I don't know. Maybe focus on the next big thing instead.

#479 8 years ago

So "Promium" it is!

3 months later
#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

I bought soda pop for $.20 when I was a kid and now it's a $1.69, but I still drink it. well, actually I don't because I gave up soda pop but you get the point.
I think the more relevant question is what people are paying now and people are paying $5000-$5500 for the original game but is now at least eight years old for the most part, used, and doesn't have the bulletproofing, badass DMD animations and custom Side Armor that the new game does. It's all relative!!</blockquote

Original SM's were tough sells last year in the $5k ranges and still are today. Look at IMVE - could Stern have sold them for more than $4700 delivered? Yes. Those IM's were selling for more than SM's were before the VE announcement. Stern did not push the prices though and sold a boatload of IM's. I bought my first NIB and my focus is on Sterns now all because of IM. I liked how Stern did not overprice IM. I still feel Stern pushed the price on SMVE just a tad too much, so I am out.

SM will sell ok, not great, but Stern could have made more money and introduced more people to pinball if they priced them at under $6k delivered, which is where they should be at. I don't care what extra shit, like a shaker and side rails they added after the announcement because they overpriced the game out of the gate either. What's next - everyone jumping for joy over a LOTR VE? Not at $8000. Some people will anyway though.

4 months later
#1138 7 years ago

Looking to pick up my VE that I am buying from a friend in the next few days. Could have gone either way Original or VE, but this was from a local friend and came up first.

#1142 7 years ago

What is on the update?

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

V1.01 May 26, 2016
======================
1. Added - Redemption and ticket dispenser support.
2. Fix - Doc Ock background animation text for first and third modes was
difficult to read: added outline to text.
3. Fix - Venom did not disappear from the background animation after being hit
in Battle Royale. Fixed.
4. Fix - Reduced the frequency of the speech calls for the third Sandman mode.

Do these changes effect the color dmd at all?

How cool is the color DMD? As good as it looks on you tube?

1 month later
#1156 7 years ago

Can you guys just get your money back and buy from another distributor?

#1158 7 years ago

It just seems if you send in a deposit to a distributor for a non LE game this is not a good move. The distributor has you locked in for who knows how long. What if the distributor gets one in and sells it to a cash now buyer instead of sending it to you and makes you wait? I would only put a deposit down if you could get your money back.

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The call outs and screen animations IMO are not as good. Of course I'm more of the Sony movies fan than I am of the Ultimate SM art and series so I'm biased in that regard. The game played pretty much the same as the original but my prestine original was about $3K less so no brainer.

That would be getting a Pristine original SM undelivered for $3700 which is out of the norm though. Good deal for you for sure. I like them both SM versions, but the freshness and newness of the VE is great and I did not dig the art at first on the VE either. I like the sound and call outs of SMVE a lot. I was wondering how much I would like them.

I got my VE as a second owner and get a good discount over NIB, so that influenced my decision also. Good to have both choices as a pinball consumer.

SM is such a great game that I overlooked for so many years, but now I can't stop playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.