IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 8 years ago

I can't see Stern announcing a game at comic-con. KISS was just announced 2 months ago.

5 months later
#574 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

B) You're right, people line up, and I'm sure they will for this too. But this is a new situation. It's not MMR. It's not Iron Man Vault. It's an old game, with a facelift. How many people will line up to pay that much more for the facelift when the original is sitting there cheaper?

Not saying I am definitely in for Spider-Man VE, but I'd rather pay more for a NIB comic spider-man instead of the Toby McGuire spider-man. I love the spider-man theme, but I don't like the Sony Film theme in the game.

1 month later
#910 8 years ago

The wait is a killer...

1 week later
#924 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Kind of unfair to compare it to IMVE.
-Custom side armor with laser cut graphics and backing
-all new DMD graphics as well as sounds
-shaker motor included
-completely different molded characters
-additional bulletproofing added from original version including stainless steel bowl chutes and guides as well as protectors in the vulnerable areas and improved magnet mechanism
Etc...
Is it worth being priced at the premium price level, I don't know, but it's definitely not a game that would be put into the pro category which is what people are complaining about.

Very well said.

#944 8 years ago

I'm very excited for my Spider-Man VE. I've always like the game, but never cared for the movie trilogy theme. I love the artwork on the VE.

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure these are gonna start arriving at your doorsteps soon from what I've read, and I've been excited to get some custom apron cards designed for this one. My apologies if it's been harped on already, but is the rule set vastly different than the original? I think I saw on Stern's FB that there were some rule changes. I just wanted to clarify if I needed to wait before making a set for my site, or if I could use the original rule set for the cards.

You can find the new mode names here:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ultimatespiderman/index.html

2 weeks later
#1006 8 years ago

Mine arrives tomorrow...due to prior commitments, I won't be opening it until Thursday.

#1013 8 years ago

Been playing my VE for the last 2 hours...what an amazing game. IMO, it is far superior to the original.

#1016 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does anyone know if the standard SM Cliffy's work on the VE?

They don't.

VE comes installed with cliffy's.

#1019 8 years ago

This video shows the upgrades to the VE.

1 week later
#1048 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does this game have the premium lockdown bar? Is it smooth or rough like the pro models?

It's rough like a pro, but is the traditional lockdown bar. Not the kind they switched over to.

1 week later
#1057 8 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Stoked, mine ships next week!!!

Congrats!

1 week later
#1068 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

A fair number of people currently in the latest "revival" of the hobby where not around for the original release in 2007, hence there is little aspect to compare whether cost, animations, sounds, or the original gameplay. When you put the machine the machine side by side, the real significance is the artwork, the rest is at the same level as the original. People are buying the SMVE because it "looks pretty" in their opinion, not for the gameplay which is unchanged.
It is like when an enthusiast says Stern ST has the "best flow ever" in a pinball machine and a perfect "10" when the layout is the same as the WMS STTNG with a few different toys, sounds, and ruleset. However, even the ruleset is still similar in many respects.
Another example is GB"magna-slings" which are no different than TAF "Feel the Power" in function over 24 years ago.
These are not direct innovations.
"Time reinvents the wheel" and people forget or simply say, "I never knew that existed"!

I'm still pretty new to the pinball hobby. I bought my first machine January 2013.

I've played Spider-Man many times before the VE. Here's some thoughts I have on Spidey vs Spidey VE: 1 - All of them were used. I'd rather have a NIB machine than a used one. 2 - Art Work. I was never a fan of the Toby movies as a theme. Comic Spidey as a theme? I absolutely love it. 3 - Price. Used are 5,000 - 5,500, brand new is 6,500. I don't have a problem with the $6,500 price tag. 4 - The upgrades. Cliffys already installed, metal VUKs, better Doc Ock magnet, fixed Doc Ock shot. 5 - Lastly, the DMD animations. There is absolutely no comparison with between the 2. The comic art looks perfect on the DMD.

I bought the VE, because now there is an art package, that matches the gameplay.

I admit, Toby movies as an art package, does absolutely nothing for me. This art package? I absolutely love.

I know with the would've, could've, should've, but I highly doubt that I would've purchased this machine brand new in 2007. Theme plays a huge part in my decision to purchase or not purchase. For instance, Transformers LE was my first machine, because it was Transformers. I had goosebumps when Optimus Prime first appeared on screen.

Secondly, I own Star Trek LE and used to own Star Trek Next Generation. The layouts are not the same. They have a couple similarities, but they are definitely not the same. The new Star Trek, IMO, is the best flow game there is out there. I can't think of another game that has a shot as good as the Warp Ramp.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

No need to defend your purchases, I don't, not sure if I ever have.
Maybe, I do not remember at this point.
I am enthusiastic that you like your STLE, I like the game as well for features outside of the playfield.
I am enthusiastic that buyers like their SMLE, get them while you can if it is a "keeper" for the owner.
If you did the "Picard Maneuver" or even Warp 9.9 enough times you will start to realize the warp ramp is the same, and all the other ramps are designed with the same layers of dimensions and curves in a slightly smaller playfield width package that decreases the difficulty of making the shots, thereby increasing the perception of heightened flow but certainly increases the speed. Speed and flow are distinctly different.
TimeShock! uses the same design, as well as several other historical released games, just not as well.

Just sharing my thought process as someone who still relatively new to the hobby.

#1077 7 years ago

Please don't fall out of the truck.

1 month later
#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

You guys that have your VE already are lucky. Ordered mine 4 weeks ago and my distributor just confirmed that Stern just said no more VE's until August. Bummer...

I ordered mine minutes after it was announced in January. I received it in March.

2 months later
#1140 7 years ago

Anyone aware that there was a code update for this game?

2 years later
#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Two questions for fellow VE owners ...
1) Does your ball guide to the left of Ock look like mine? Seems angled into the Doc Ock chute and tilted to the right from vertical
2) Does my magnet need replacing? I thought the magnet on the VE should appear as two pieces. Mine looks worn "together"
Thanks
[quoted image]

You’re good on both.

You have the latest updated magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.