IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1090 7 years ago

Got my SMVE today. Surprised my daughter with it as spidey was by far her fav pin we played at papa a few weeks ago. She was really excited.....

Helped me unbox it and set it up. Ive only had a couple games on it so far but its nice and everyone really enjoys it!

20160505_153710_(resized).jpg20160505_153710_(resized).jpg

#1091 7 years ago

Some out of the box tweaks needed.

Couple insert leds needed reseated jiggled to get them to work. Almost not worh mentioning.

Shaker motor brown wire was disconnected in the back of the cabinet so it didnt work.

Ball trough micro switches were adjusted so high that they were making the balls roll backwards up the trough. Often they would stay there when a ball was ejected. So gravity wouldnt overcome the switch arm and let the next ball down to bottom of trough. Just had to adjust the arms back down a bit. Now works great.

Left side back box decal is wrinkled a bit. Distro is having them send me a new decal.

20160506_184330_(resized).jpg20160506_184330_(resized).jpg

20160505_154128_(resized).jpg20160505_154128_(resized).jpg

#1093 7 years ago

Yeah, but at least the things i found are fixable fairly easily. The playfield is like glass. Ive never really spent much time with the original spidey for comparison, but this machine seems realy nice. Could add some variation in the callouts etc. but like I said maybe that was repetative in original too. I like the sarcastic spidey so far.

I got a stuck ball on a shot up the right orbit. It glanced the one way ball gate and as the ball and the gate went back they wedged in there pretty tight. Had to take glass off to fix. Is that normal? Something you usually have to do to that gate to dial it in?

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from kell:

^ Looks great. Really didn't like it at first, but that translite is starting to grow on me.

Someone with more talent than i could make stickers that covered up the comic book words on the back glass and id be a happy boy. The action shot is fine, but words are necessary.

1 month later
#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from eXitStrategy:

Picked up my SMVE over the weekend. I really like the playfield, cabinet and translight art. Mine appears to be working fine, the only issue I had was a flasher LED popped out during play, I re-inserted it and also pushed in all the other flasher LED's, they must shake loose during transit.
I heard that the upper PF VUK with the looped ramp by the pop bumpers was causing dents in the PF, so a friend and I were going to apply some mylar there but mine has a large thick piece of clear protective plastic (assuming mylar) there already so I didn't apply it.
Happy so far, will see in the long run. Tempted to remove my CDMD from my LOTR and put in the SMVE.

Yeah mine has a thick plastic sticker/mylar over that area too, but still seems to be denting the playfield.

Id keep an eye on it.

#1117 7 years ago

Just a word of caution on how fragile the doc ock toy is in SMVE. I was cleaning today and just barely brushed one of his arms and it popped right off. They are very skinny and it apparently takes almost nothing to knock it off. I guess ill be supergluing that back on.

1 month later
#1118 7 years ago

Well i guess you can count me in with the insert issues with SMVE...

So far these two are only ones. Keeping fingers crossed.

20160806_092558_(resized).jpg20160806_092558_(resized).jpg

20160806_092700_(resized).jpg20160806_092700_(resized).jpg

#1120 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that Dennis. Glad you got yours. Last time we talked you had been waiting a bit.

#1122 7 years ago

I had some minor issues with mine beside the inserts.

Trough switches too high needed adjusted

Trough switch screws needed replaced

Right sling post closest to flippers was loose and bent after a couple months. Tnut was spun flat on underside of playfield and post was kinda cross threaded in the tnut. Definitely happened at the factory.

Balls getting stuck on the half gate in right orbit.

All easy fixes. But still annoying for a NIB pin.

2 weeks later
#1128 7 years ago

Im fishing for things to suggest...
What about putting the game in switch test mode and lightly banging around on the playfield near the sandman and other areas or shaking the machine like the shaker motor might do. Do you get any pings from those switches? Are they "easier" to activate than other standups?(takes less pressure)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.95
$ 25.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve?tu=Rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.