IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
#301 8 years ago

Double that.

Quoted from snyper2099:

Well, what happened to the 1,000's that were lined up with cash in hand? Vanished like a fart in the wind...

They sold 500 with demand for more...and it's back in production as we speak.

#302 8 years ago

Selling 500 SMVE's that were simply re-released SM's (like IM) would seem feasible for Stern. But if they are going to all the effort to re-art, re-dot and re-sound SM, I would guess they are budgeting on a lot more than 500. At the Premium price point that may be a challenge.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I would guess they are budgeting on a lot more than 500. At the Premium price point that may be a challenge.

I agree with that.

My interest at $5200 is high but my interest at $6700 is low.

Unless it's really cool, like the best art Stern has ever done.

#304 8 years ago

^+1 I would pay $5200 but no more.

#305 8 years ago

I too heard they would be at premium pricing from a pretty reliable source. So I am guessing $6500 - 6800 shipped, that seems to be the normal going rate for premiums.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Selling 500 SMVE's that were simply re-released SM's (like IM) would seem feasible for Stern. But if they are going to all the effort to re-art, re-dot and re-sound SM, I would guess they are budgeting on a lot more than 500. At the Premium price point that may be a challenge.

I guess we'll see - plenty of comic book Spidey fans who already like the game but don't own it, and will bite based on art package. The game design & code is already a known factor - we already know it's a ton of fun, plays great, and has completed code. This isn't as much of a "blind faith" launch purchase as other new games.

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

SMVE should also have a metal apron, service rails, standard lock down bar ect

They've moved on man... the rest of us should too and accept that's not going to be part of a NIB going forward.

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They've moved on man... the rest of us should too and accept that's not going to be part of a NIB going forward.

It is on a Premium game.

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Throwing in a few color changers is much more likely than a color DMD!

Not happening. Stern has said they would rerun ve's on the orginal hardware. Whitestar won't support color changing leds.

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It is on a Premium game.

Did you not notice the lockdown bar is gone on the new premiums and LE GOTs? They've been doing the parts on the higher end games as they ween people off of them. Aprons, lockdowns, and probably posts in the future on all games... its how they are slowly changing the expectations.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not happening. Stern has said they would rerun ve's on the orginal hardware. Whitestar won't support color changing leds.

SM is SAM though... Same as ACDC and TWD.

#312 8 years ago

Really hope this happens. The only thing I don't like about SM is the terrible movie art.

Comic version could look amazing.

#313 8 years ago

Huh, lock down bar is gone? How do they keep it down then.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Huh, lock down bar is gone? How do they keep it down then.

It's now a 'latch bar' No need to nitpick over slang what we all know what the change was...

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guess we'll see - plenty of comic book Spidey fans who already like the game but don't own it, and will bite based on art package. The game design & code is already a known factor - we already know it's a ton of fun, plays great, and has completed code. This isn't as much of a "blind faith" launch purchase as other new games.

This is me. I don't care about bells and whistles. Just want a game which plays great and looks good. My only hesitation will be the price point...

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you not notice the lockdown bar is gone on the new premiums and LE GOTs?

Last LE I bought was STLE...when did they change the Premiums/LEs to latch style?

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Last LE I bought was STLE...when did they change the Premiums/LEs to latch style?

With GoT. Just picked up an LE that has them :/

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

With GoT. Just picked up an LE that has them :/

Well not sure how Flynnibus expects I would have noticed that then...lol.

I'm not anti-latch...I have them on my IM VE, and they hold the bar down super snug. That being said, the "old style" hardware had become part of the LE "added value"...that's kind of a bummer that something else has been taken away as the prices rise.

Are we at plastic aprons for all models now, too? I know TWD Prem/LE had plastic, but I chalked that up to it using the same special apron shape as Austin Powers for the laser cannon...er, crossbow. Austin's was plastic, too.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

SM is SAM though... Same as ACDC and TWD.

apologies was mistaken.

#320 8 years ago

Excuse me...I personally like the latch better as it keeps it down nice and snug.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

apologies was mistaken.

You're doing it wrong. You don't apologize and admit you were wrong, you say something outrageous and mildly insulting to change the topic so everyone forget you were incorrect.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Excuse me...I personally like the latch better as it keeps it down nice and snug.

I don't "like" it, but I don't mind it. It does hold things down nice and snug. And I don't take the glass off every 10 minutes where it matters that it's mildly more inconvenient to do it.

I hate the pegs though, they suck.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Double that.

Where are they then? Mysteriously 250 are missing? That makes no sense.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Double that.

Was told today IMVE is now finished!!!! Maybe still being produced, but all spoken for. Then no more. Probably just as well for my wallet, but was seriously considering one.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from kell:

This is me. I don't care about bells and whistles. Just want a game which plays great and looks good. My only hesitation will be the price point...

Yeah if priced right it will sell very well like at $5100-5300 delivered price point. If at $6K+ I think it would struggle to sell more then a few hundred of them. Guess we will see soon.

#326 8 years ago

I'm thinking, if it's priced $6K, it'll have to have something like color armor (with button guards) at the very least, likely a shaker. (this is what I mean by value added, most wouldn't spend $600 to upgrade their armor, but if the game comes with it, it'll make the price a little palatable).

I'm curious to see the dots and callouts they have to change as well. This might not be just look at the PF and cabinet art now send us your money.

I don't know that they need to change any modes like Bonesaw or Rescue MJ because they're comic characters as well, not created for the movies.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well not sure how Flynnibus expects I would have noticed that then...lol.

For the same reason we know all the newest game's options Pinside!

#328 8 years ago

I don't want all that extra s#%t, that can all be added later if one chooses. Personally I don't care for all the bling. Keep the price reasonable.

#329 8 years ago

If they launch this at premium pricing this game will be as rare as Luci........Few will buy it. If Stern was smart they would price this $400 above a pro and learn about pricing elasticity! They learned a lot from Iron Man, but Spidey has the potential to teach them a lot more about future business opportunities. If they were wise, they wouldn't blow it. I am out at premium pricing, but at $5200, I will jump right in.

#330 8 years ago

I hope the Stern gang is reading this, seriously they can sink this release with a 6K price tag...why? There is basically no development cost. This is all cream. Please Gomez don't blow it.

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Where are they then? Mysteriously 250 are missing? That makes no sense.

Missing? Did you Take inventory or something? I heard 500 so... I dunno

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm curious to see the dots and callouts they have to change as well. This might not be just look at the PF and cabinet art now send us your money.

From all the info I've seen it's new dots, sound, and art. Same great ruleset.

#333 8 years ago

Without new code to change the whole 'backhand Doc-Ock to stay in MB forever' thing. Im out.

#334 8 years ago

I'm ok with the latch system until I forget to move my thumb out of the way and the latch part comes screaming down and slams the top of my fingernail.
Then I curse the day it was invented.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

Really hope this happens. The only thing I don't like about SM is the terrible movie art.
Comic version could look amazing.

"could" being the operative word here. SM is already one of the better Stern art packages.

#336 8 years ago

Well although owning an almost Mint Spiderman from 2010, I am interested in a comic version. Just to see how this looks. I think the game is already great, PF is good, backglass is great, toys are great, sound and call outs are perfect. Slingshots I have replaces with spider eyes. Also put Led in the machine, that brightens up things. One thing that can be improved are the dots. Some screens are terrible designed. Just wondering how a Comic version would look.

#337 8 years ago

People are so funny. $5,300 i'm interested, but $6,300 I'm out. Pahhhhhhhhlease. Let's face it. If it's sweet, NIB and awesome, everyone who is considering one will be in. Stern always wins out because of one simple fact, "Life is short and what else you gonna buy NIB?"

#338 8 years ago

I've yet to see a NIB premium price at $6300, maybe used at that price. Simply put, many of us can't afford $6700 for a friggin toy.

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I've yet to see a NIB premium price at $6300, maybe used at that price. Simply put, many of us can't afford $6700 for a friggin toy.

Generally speaking, if you can afford a $5000 toy, you can afford a $6000 toy. That's Stern's logic, anyway - and it's worked. Prices have increased and so have sales.

#340 8 years ago

As much as people may or may not agree, I'm also in at pro price, out at premium. Great game for a pro price, premium; there are other premiums I'd rather have.

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

There was a major distributor selling NIB KISS Premiums for $6300 (shipping included), and I've PM'd you the info in case you wanted to check with them for future Premium titles.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

People are so funny. $5,300 i'm interested, but $6,300 I'm out. Pahhhhhhhhlease. Let's face it. If it's sweet, NIB and awesome, everyone who is considering one will be in. Stern always wins out because of one simple fact, "Life is short and what else you gonna buy NIB?"

It's a huge difference and would drastically affect sales IMO. I would think about it at $5300 but wouldn't at 6K+. I think there are others that feel the same.

If I really wanted a SM I'd go pick up a pristine older version for around $5K instead of pay 6K+ for a NIB comic. NIB pins are a gamble especially with the current quality control at Stern. HUO at least you see what you get before dropping a ton of money on it.

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

People are so funny. $5,300 i'm interested, but $6,300 I'm out. Pahhhhhhhhlease.

You have to draw the line somewhere. I'm in at 5.5k, out at 6.5k, so my line is somewhere in that range. Maybe someone else's line is at 7k, 7.5k, etc. But there's always a line.

#344 8 years ago

What if there are LEDs in all of the chests? Surely that's worth another $1000

#345 8 years ago

If they really nail the comics version, hopefully they will also sell a upgrade kit for those with "old spiderman" pins

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

If they really nail the comics version, hopefully they will also sell a upgrade kit for those with "old spiderman" pins

Not gonna happen they want to sell the new version not encourage people to keep the old one.

#347 8 years ago

I don't care about the art or the movie v comic debate but if this VE does not have JK Simmons call outs and commentary it will suck balls big time imo.

#348 8 years ago

It's 100% Kirsten Dunst upside-down kissin' callouts, is what I heard. Hard to make some of them out.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's a huge difference and would drastically affect sales IMO. I would think about it at $5300 but wouldn't at 6K+. I think there are others that feel the same.

I passed on a couple of HUO with mods just recently for $4500, so it's not a grand, it's $1500.00 plus mods...so we're talking almost a $2K difference. (not to mention some of us will get charged tax and shipping) So yes it's significant.

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Not gonna happen they want to sell the new version not encourage people to keep the old one.

It would be pointless anyway - what would a "kit" entail? Full cab decals & a populated playfield? Probably would be cheaper/easier to just buy the new version and sell your old one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.