Topic Stats

• 1,170 posts
  • 297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by zene10
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG
2SZ_3866 (resized).JPG
2SZ_3864 (resized).JPG
IMG_3759 (resized).JPG
2SZ_3851 (resized).jpeg
2SZ_3782 (resized).jpeg
2SZ_3844 (resized).jpeg
2SZ_3818 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 1170 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Was there any talk at expo as to when they will start producing Spider-Man VEs again?
Thanks

Good question. I've been paid in full for this game since February. I'm starting to feel like this is a second TBL order.

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Good question. I've been paid in full for this game since February. I'm starting to feel like this is a second TBL order.

Based on what I've been told for playfield replacements probably Jan/Feb 2017

#1153 2 years ago

i'm in the same boat- I've had a Spider-man ordered and paid in full since the week they announced it. I've decided to bail out and will go with Aerosmith instead. I might as well get the latest technology and with DD art i can't go wrong.

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Good question. I've been paid in full for this game since February.

I paid in full the first week of May. When the last Stern letter to distributors (a few months ago) said the next batch will be October, I bailed. I got my refund and bought a HUO. Absolutely love the game. I would be beyond pissed if they would have told me to wait until Jan/Feb. Good luck guys!

#1155 2 years ago

Just finished setting up my HUO newly acquired SMVE. I had an original SM a few years ago.....really liking the VE.

#1156 2 years ago

Can you guys just get your money back and buy from another distributor?

#1157 2 years ago

Posted 17 days ago from the Stern Delays thread:

Stern production update:

Good morning Ladies & Gentlemen

As another month begins, I am updating our product availability. Remember-Christmas is fast approaching .

Our plans are:

Available Now:
Star Trek Pro and Premium. Last call. License is ending.
The Walking Dead: A few Pro and Premium. No more available this year
WNBJM A very few
Kiss : No Pro, but a few Premium and a few LE from band. No more available this year

October build:
Metallica Pro Filling back orders and more available
Ghost Buster Pro Filling back orders and more available
Ghost Buster Premium Filling many back orders

November:
Metallica Premium Fill back orders and some available
Game of Thrones Prem Fill back orders and a few available
Spiderman Vault Edition Fill back orders and a few available
Ghost Buster Prem Fill more back orders
Batman 66 LE and SLE, maybe a few Premium

December:
Game of Thrones Pro Some available
Ghost Buster Premium Complete backorders and a few available
Batman 66 Premium

Best regards

Gary

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

#1158 2 years ago

It just seems if you send in a deposit to a distributor for a non LE game this is not a good move. The distributor has you locked in for who knows how long. What if the distributor gets one in and sells it to a cash now buyer instead of sending it to you and makes you wait? I would only put a deposit down if you could get your money back.

#1159 2 years ago

Finally played a few games on this remake and it's fun. Not as fun as my original Spidey though, and definitely not at that premium price.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Finally played a few games on this remake and it's fun. Not as fun as my original Spidey though, and definitely not at that premium price.

Curious. Why do you say SMVE is not as fun? The play is exactly the same. So which is it graphics, call-outs, etc?

#1161 2 years ago

The call outs and screen animations IMO are not as good. Of course I'm more of the Sony movies fan than I am of the Ultimate SM art and series so I'm biased in that regard. The game played pretty much the same as the original but my prestine original was about $3K less so no brainer.

#1162 2 years ago

Concerning the call outs they are fine "it's the comics" , truth be known I prefer Stern ST, IM and Mustang call outs. The rest of the game is awesome IMHO. I really don't remember the call outs from the original SM.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

The call outs and screen animations IMO are not as good. Of course I'm more of the Sony movies fan than I am of the Ultimate SM art and series so I'm biased in that regard. The game played pretty much the same as the original but my prestine original was about $3K less so no brainer.

That would be getting a Pristine original SM undelivered for $3700 which is out of the norm though. Good deal for you for sure. I like them both SM versions, but the freshness and newness of the VE is great and I did not dig the art at first on the VE either. I like the sound and call outs of SMVE a lot. I was wondering how much I would like them.

I got my VE as a second owner and get a good discount over NIB, so that influenced my decision also. Good to have both choices as a pinball consumer.

SM is such a great game that I overlooked for so many years, but now I can't stop playing it.

#1164 2 years ago

Ok $2K less than the VE then. Is there $2K more value in the VE? + No moving Goblin, don't think so.

#1165 2 years ago

Yes the VE is pricey but SM is such a great pin the original was not that easy to find until the rumors of the VE was coming. So ended taking the plunge to get one new.

Look what Bat man 66 is going for they aren't bashful on increases.

1 week later
#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Issue #2. UNRESOLVED. In the past week, when any Sandman mode starts (after the gate drops), the game will sometimes register a target hit for at least four un-related events.
A. When the ball enters the Sandman/Ball Lock VUK behind Sandman, from the orbits, but not consistently
B. When the pop bumpers are activated - but not consistently
C. When the flippers are used - random activation - not all the time but tends to be the right flippers.
D. When the shaker motor runs - again, like the flippers this does not consistently happen.
I verified (while working on Issue #1) that the leaf springs on the inner Sandman targets are not touching and they seem to be properly spaced. The inner Sandman targets are not stuck on or touching the playfield. The Sandman motor assembly is not caught on or moving any wire bundles under the playfield.
I'm guessing that there might be a loose connection somewhere but I have not been able to find it.
Any suggestions?

Issue #2 resolved. Bad Transceiver.
Had some help from a fellow pinsider and diagnosed the problem. The transceiver had a faulty connection. The part was replaced and the game is functioning normally. Part # 500-6775-01

WED_4812 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#1167 2 years ago

I would really love to see some video of Battle Royale on this new vault edition. I played one but couldn't hear it and there are no you tube vids anywhere of anyone getting to that mode.

3 weeks later
#1168 1 year ago

Sorry if this a dumb question but are they starting to put the new LCD display in this game? On FB live it looked like the one had a color display?

IMG_4387 (resized).PNG

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm174:

Sorry if this a dumb question but are they starting to put the new LCD display in this game? On FB live it looked like the one had a color display?

That is the home version of the game

1 week later
#1170 1 year ago

Starting an "Exit to shooter lane" mod on my SMVE and I think I just found the SMVE equivalent of SM's "You Snooze You Loose".

It appears the graphic is printed upside down; it should be oriented to face the player. Even Spidey can't balance on top of his web shot.

IMG_0100 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tinton Falls, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 28.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 63.00
Machine - For Sale
Hacienda Heights, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1170 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside