IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

if you are a manufacturer, you want to sell as much of an item as you can. I thinks its a false premise "they weren't looking to sell a lot of these".

'want' yes... but you also forecast based on what you practically think will happen. There is a huge difference in 'want' and what you are willing to sink your capital into. The game plays a role in their scheduling. When they expect a game to run small.. they won't order as many parts (as seen by the playfield labels) as a game they expect to do a larger run of.

It's not a failure if a game runs low when it was targeted to run low.. Production is always about accurate forecasting and scheduling.

If demand is way higher than expected, that's a bonus, they would hope to convert into future commits for an additional run. But overproducing is a huge mistake. So they will err towards the lighter side, instead of over estimating.

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Based on?
Like all product... its not just selling it, but how long it takes to sell it that impacts your margin. Trickling games out for the next 2 years isn't exactly a winner... even in the 'filler' role. They always have games they *could* run.. the key is always having a title you can run and can SELL.
This could end up being like Avengers or TF... inventory sitting for long periods. Stern will just keep the runs short to keep the inventory hits to a minimum.

I don't want to argue with you about this, so I will keep to this being my last post in the thread. The fact is it would never even have the chance of being an Avengers or XMen type situation because of how they projected sales for this game. That has been my whole point, that this is a game that at the most they will do in short runs. When Avengers or X-Men were made, they projected thousands of pro models to be made and had inventory levels, playfields and cabinets ready to meet those projections. That's my point and also basically the same thing that you have been saying. They aren't going to put themselves in that position when their projections are of a completely different nature. This game is never intended to be a pro style game or have prostyle production numbers. Anyone who thinks Stern had some misconception that they were going to sell 2000+ of these games at $6495 "Street price" is not seeing the big picture.

#955 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

In foreign markets like Canada, Australia and who knows where else, absolutely not. Nobody here wants to pay $10500 for a new SM.
Rob

$10,650 in Australia to be exact. GOT Premium same price. Other pros like Kiss, GOT, ST are $8,150.
MMR and WOZ are $13,000!

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

$10,650 in Australia to be exact. GOT Premium same price. Other pros like Kiss, GOT, ST are $8,150.
MMR and WOZ are $13,000!

To help us understand these numbers, do you have an estimate of what a high school teacher or police officer gets paid per year on average in AUS?

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

To help us understand these numbers, do you have an estimate of what a high school teacher or police officer gets paid per year on average in AUS?

$16,000

#958 8 years ago

That's the avg. annual salary of a high school teacher or police office in AUS?

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's the avg. annual salary of a high school teacher or police office in AUS?

Around 50-60K Australian Dollars.

#960 8 years ago

in Australia you have to be really rich to buy nib pins.

#961 8 years ago

Wow! A NIB is a real luxury in AUS!

#962 8 years ago

well, not only in AUS ! but surelly on lots of space out the US...

here in Belgium, LE are quite at 9K i think, and the (asked) salary should be round 2K/month

#963 8 years ago

EDIT: Thanks guys for the PM's. I got what i was looking for. Appreciate it!

#964 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, not only in AUS ! but surelly on lots of space out the US...
here in Belgium, LE are quite at 9K i think, and the (asked) salary should be round 2K/month

That is 4.5 months of earnings!

#965 8 years ago

Anyway I'm looking at my promotional flyer of the SMVE, personally I don't understand the complaint's about art it looks fantastic to me. I think the regular SM is a looker also. Playfield is exceptional IMHO on the SMVE.

#966 8 years ago

I heard we might be able to get them as soon as next week. I don't care what the haters say, I'm excited to get my friends and kids into pinball with a very approachable and fun pin. The art package is fine and anyone that has read the comics from this universe knows that it's pretty cool and popular. If colorDMD supports this, damn it'll be cool.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

... I don't care what the haters say...

+1

I want mine now....

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Anyway I'm looking at my promotional flyer of the SMVE, personally I don't understand the complaint's about art it looks fantastic to me. I think the regular SM is a looker also. Playfield is exceptional IMHO on the SMVE.

It's Ulitmate SM and it looks like absolute shite to me.
Stupid anorexic spidey. Meh.

#969 8 years ago

Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure these are gonna start arriving at your doorsteps soon from what I've read, and I've been excited to get some custom apron cards designed for this one. My apologies if it's been harped on already, but is the rule set vastly different than the original? I think I saw on Stern's FB that there were some rule changes. I just wanted to clarify if I needed to wait before making a set for my site, or if I could use the original rule set for the cards.

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from chadsugg:

Hey guys,
I'm pretty sure these are gonna start arriving at your doorsteps soon from what I've read, and I've been excited to get some custom apron cards designed for this one. My apologies if it's been harped on already, but is the rule set vastly different than the original? I think I saw on Stern's FB that there were some rule changes. I just wanted to clarify if I needed to wait before making a set for my site, or if I could use the original rule set for the cards.

You can find the new mode names here:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ultimatespiderman/index.html

2 weeks later
#971 8 years ago

Its here!

IMG_1818_(resized).JPGIMG_1818_(resized).JPG

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Its here!
IMG_1818_(resized).JPG

Awesome congrats it looks fantastic I love the artwork on this one

#973 8 years ago

Nice. More photos? Gameplay comments?

#974 8 years ago

Very nice!

I can't tell from the photo, are the side rails, and lockdown bar textured like on a pro, or smooth?

#975 8 years ago

Mt Dew is nice ... but time to break open the tequila !!

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Very nice!
I can't tell from the photo, are the side rails, and lockdown bar textured like on a pro, or smooth?

Congrats!

Yeah, in the promo photos, it looked like the lockbar & side rails were smooth black powdercoat, while the legs were standard Pro black wrinkle coat (stock legs).

Is this really the case?

#977 8 years ago

Armor seems to feel the same as the pros. So far game is amazing. I never played the original so can't compare the two, but I will say that it is a lot brighter, both lighting and the playfield. The sounds are great as well with some of the best sounds on all of my sterns. Great call outs and dots. It's just so smooth and a blast to play, looking forward to seeing all that it offers.

#978 8 years ago

Made some cards if anyone else gets one!

spideycards_(resized).jpgspideycards_(resized).jpg

#979 8 years ago

Congrats! Mine should arrive soon cant wait

#980 8 years ago

congrats to you all. id buy a huo in a couple years. always good to add variety.

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Yeah, in the promo photos, it looked like the lockbar & side rails were smooth black powdercoat, while the legs were standard Pro black wrinkle coat (stock legs).

yes, I was wondering the same thing. update on this would be good

#982 8 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes, I was wondering the same thing. update on this would be good

I will be able to let you know tomorrow

#983 8 years ago

Congrats buddy ! Between the 1 week old and 2 carpentry crews going right now time is short on my end. But I cant wait to play this bad boy...my 2nd favorite Stern ever ! Love me some Spidey.
Screw it...let the kid cry. Heading over...

#984 8 years ago

I finally ordered one yesterday. I wish they had done the hardware in gloss black powder coat like GoT LE.

#985 8 years ago

I would've definitely pulled the trigger if it was even $500.00 USD cheaper. I like the looks of it much more than the original Spidey. Unfortunately I now don't want an original Spidey because I like the new one more, but cannot justify the price on the new one, so I have no spidey.

#986 8 years ago

Impressions so far:

Very fun out of the box. I have never played a spidey, so its all new to me. Game really makes you feel like you are part of it with the great callouts, sound effects and dots. Smooth as silk gameplay, but still not sure of a lot it has to offer. The new toys look great in it. I could do without the side armor, as this wont be on the end of my stern lineup once GB LE gets here. Is it worth the price of admission? If you really want a new spiderman then yes it is! The game is bright and looks amazing and the artwork is leaps and bounds better than the original.

#987 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Impressions so far: The game is bright and looks amazing and the artwork is leaps and bounds better than the original.

NOT!

#988 8 years ago

Matter of taste, I found the original SM ugly and dated, the new one is down to the bone badass in my opinion.
Which is all that matters to Stern as I went ahead and purchased one this week.

#989 8 years ago

Dems fightin words Chris !
I like old Spidey...this one has some big shoes to fill. Maybe tomorrow while we watch Kensucky get spanked.

#990 8 years ago

I just watched the TPF interview with George Gomez and he stated that the IM vault really exceeded their expectations and he hoped SMVE would be the same. The problem with SMVE is that the included extras have pushed the game price out of the affordability range for many, especially in foreign markets. I would say leave the bling out and keep prices down.

Rob

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just watched the TPF interview with George Gomez and he stated that the IM vault really exceeded their expectations and he hoped SMVE would be the same. The problem with SMVE is that the included extras have pushed the game price out of the affordability range for many, especially in foreign markets. I would say leave the bling out and keep prices down.
Rob

The thing about IMVE is the NIBs were less than HUO 2010's so it was a no brainer. but SMVE's are priced much higher than original HUO spideys. I'm thinking the SMVE's would have sold like hot cakes at $500 cheaper.

#992 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The thing about IMVE is the NIBs were less than HUO 2010's so it was a no brainer. but SMVE's are priced much higher than original HUO spideys. I'm thinking the SMVE's would have sold like hot cakes at $500 cheaper.

If they had kept the fancy side rails off and not included the shaker, I bet they could have done that too. I'm thinking GB premium is a far easier sell than SMVE.

Rob

#993 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If they had kept the fancy side rails off and not included the shaker, I bet they could have done that too. I'm thinking GB premium is a far easier sell than SMVE.
Rob

The side rails and shaker are bad ass though. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The side rails and shaker are bad ass though. Can't have your cake and eat it too I guess

Yeah but keep it optional so the base price is more affordable for the masses. You probably end up paying more than msrp for factory installed options.

Rob

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I was quoted 6700 for a SMVE or a GBs premium by a distributor this week.

#996 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Its here!
IMG_1818_(resized).JPG

Haha what's the last stern pin you did not buy? Hope it was Wrestlemania....

#997 8 years ago

To forensicd, I know you are new to Spiderman Pinball but if you know how to backhand can you tell me how easy it is to backhand the Doc Ock shot from the right flipper? Like say out of 10 tries...

Note: old SM machine was very easy to do this

#998 8 years ago

Of all the games I have sold, SM was the one I missed the most. It is a fun game. So ordered a VE. I like the new art much better. And it is an improved version of SM, not just a VE. To me it was worth it.
PS: Only other game I miss is LOTR. I think that may be the next VE, lol.

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

To forensicd, I know you are new to Spiderman Pinball but if you know how to backhand can you tell me how easy it is to backhand the Doc Ock shot from the right flipper? Like say out of 10 tries...
Note: old SM machine was very easy to do this

I've been playing it a lot at TPF. It's exactly the same as the original, except they've fixed the rejects. It's better in that regard then from both backhand and cross field.

#1000 8 years ago

Glad the VE plays smooth with less vuk rejects. However I was actually hoping they might tweak it so backhand angle was a more difficult shot. Too bad. Game is still easy. Wonder which is easier bashing Sparky or the SM shot? Hmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.