IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope. Even though the toys WERE custom for the game, they're based on the movie versions. Comic Book Green Goblin & Doc Ock especially don't look like the movie versions.

I think the Goblin toy is the only one so different from the comic book version that it would matter (the others are rather generic looking versions of the characters (Marco wore a green striped shirt in the comic books and the movie, Doc Ock had glasses, etc.). That being said I know nothing about licensing rules / laws / if there is going to be a VE, etc.

#52 8 years ago

Wonder if the toys are still availible? Or if it would be like lotr le

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think the Goblin toy is the only one so different from the comic book version that it would matter (the others are rather generic looking versions of the characters (Marco wore a green striped shirt in the comic books and the movie, Doc Ock had glasses, etc.). That being said I know nothing about licensing rules / laws / if there is going to be a VE, etc.

Doc Ock looks like Alfred Molina. Sandman looks like Thomas Hayden Church. Venom is the movie design. All toys would be redesigned to resemble comic book versions.

Quoted from libtech:

Wonder if the toys are still availible? Or if it would be like lotr le

Stern made them. They weren't off the shelf. If it was a movie license they could make it again....but we're going with the rumor that it's a comic book Marvel license....so they couldn't use them anyway.

#54 8 years ago

If this turns out to actually be true, and they re-run spiderman with new art, audio and toys and it works (sells), that to me is a new category - not just a 'vault' edition - but a straight up remake/reboot. Sure, the layout is the same, but the art & audio are at least 50% of the game experience.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If this turns out to actually be true, and they re-run spiderman with new art, audio and toys and it works (sells), that to me is a new category - not just a 'vault' edition - but a straight up remake/reboot. Sure, the layout is the same, but the art & audio are at least 50% of the game experience.

You should for sure buy one!!!

edit---Im really rooting for this to be made, especially for you!

#56 8 years ago

I would really be tempted to purchase if the new art was based off the work of John Romita Sr, who IMO is the definitive Spider-Man artist. So many classic covers....he truly defined the character after Steve Ditko left. McFarland gets a lot of love too (along with his toy lines), but Romita just looks so much more classic & vibrant to me with his bold colors & black outlines. It's one of the main reasons the 1980 Gottlieb pin is still so collectable.

But new toys, new dots, new callouts....on one of Sterns best tables? It's a smart move for a VE edition. Curious to see if the rumors are true.

amazing-spidey_151-cvr.jpgamazing-spidey_151-cvr.jpg

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Exactly - and while I think a hand drawn comic Spidey could be amazing....it could falter with a poorly written/directed sound package. Would be a shame to see Spidey go the route of X-Men audio.

#58 8 years ago

"It's time to pay, Marko!" - easily one of the most annoying callouts on any pinball machine...

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

"It's time to pay, Marko!" - easily one of the most annoying callouts on any pinball machine...

Ya. Audio killed SM for me. Doc Ock is my favourite shot in all of pinball. I want it back, bad.
I've always had this thought that SM was respected rather than loved. Could they reboot it to generate some sweet spidey lurve?? Yes please.

#60 8 years ago

I sold my BSM because I never warmed up to that licensed version of spidey. This thread got me thinking about whether I'd buy back in with a comic-based version, but honestly, if I want a better themed spidey, I'd probably go with STLE. Its similar enough (no, its not a copy) shot-wise and I get a much more modern experience.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ya. Audio killed SM for me. Doc Ock is my favourite shot in all of pinball. I want it back, bad.
I've always had this thought that SM was respected rather than loved. Could they reboot it to generate some sweet spidey lurve?? Yes please.

This is what I find interesting about pinball - some people LOVE the audio and others find it grating. Stern cant please everyone all the time, but you know you'll still hear about it on pinside.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I sold my BSM because I never warmed up to that licensed version of spidey. This thread got me thinking about whether I'd buy back in with a comic-based version, but honestly, if I want a better themed spidey, I'd probably go with STLE. Its similar enough (no, its not a copy) shot-wise and I get a much more modern experience.

They really play nothing alike, even if on the surface they seem pretty similar.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If these rumors are true, what are the chances of Stern unveiling a new machine while they are at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend? Seems like the perfect opportunity unless its too soon since the Kiss announcement...

Looks like Stern has Kiss pro, WWE pro n Metallica LED pro at comicon.

#64 8 years ago

More probable to have an announcement at comiccon with some art then having a new machine there.

Quoted from Aurich:

They really play nothing alike, even if on the surface they seem pretty similar.

I've had them side by side and this is how I felt as well.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I find the shots fairly similar, but enjoy the ST layout a tad more. I certainly wouldn't miss SM shots if I had ST.

#66 8 years ago

Comic book art and the music/voices from the old cartoon would be a winning mix for me!

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's an interesting theory, but is it worth the investment for a game that already has thousands of machines out there. How many machines would they need to sell to justify the new development? I guess we'll find out.

#68 8 years ago

I specifically sold SM to get ST with the shots being the argument. I thought the shooter lane return was how the spider sense shot should have always been and I thought the venom shot continuing around the backboard in the form of the warp ramp was also a natural improvement. The kickback sealed the deal. Well, after a year and something the shots aren't enough. Code rules. SM is some sweet polished code. SMVE is a done deal for me, funded by ST leaving.

#69 8 years ago

I've owned SM twice. I really like the game and think its a top 5 Stern. If they make it again with new art and make a cohesive package with sound and music, I'll probably get it a third time. I'd love original comic book art.

#70 8 years ago

Not gonna happen!

Did anyone think that maybe they could just renew the old licence for cheap since sony has moved on to new reboots?

So no new toys, no new art. And no new dots.
Why would Stern waste programers and artists time they dont have. To completely redo everything for a VE.

If they renewed the original licence they just slap a led dmd, the new style cab, lockdown bar etc. And with new metalic decals and cash in.

Just like IMVE did.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Not gonna happen!

Lets check back in 6 months and see.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

If they renewed the original licence

It's not that simple. I doubt it's possible anymore.

#73 8 years ago

Well you can still licence the films as well as stills, clips, audio, art, posters and other sony pictures media. So I imagine that means the movie could still be used in a pin if the licence was paid for as well. And Im sure its not as expensive as it was when the films were current.

Right from their licenceing site....

If you wish to license clips, stills, posters, dialogue, or any other thematic elements from the feature film libraries of Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, Stage 6 Films, or Revolution Studios, please submit a request by email to [email protected].

http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/
services.html

**This link covers the movie clips DMD animations.**

http://www.sonypictures.com/studios/filmclipandstilllicensing.php

http://www.sonypictures.com/search/?q=spiderman&output=xml_no_dtd&filter=p&getfields=*&client=sp-us&proxystylesheet=sp-us&site=sp-us

#74 8 years ago

Wife would be pissed but I might have to pull the trigger on a comic Spider-Man pin nib

#75 8 years ago

Think it would be cool to see/ play a comic book version, but don't see it as a " replacement" for mine. I like everything about the game " including the callouts", and fills a nice niche in my lineup...no need to mess with success, here...

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's an interesting theory, but is it worth the investment for a game that already has thousands of machines out there. How many machines would they need to sell to justify the new development? I guess we'll find out.

The expensive part of making a pinball is the design & coding process. That's done and over on Spidey. Coming up with a new art/sound/dots package is pretty minor...if they can sell 500-1000 units, that's like selling a game with a "free" development process - it would be massively profitable compared to a brand new game from scratch.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Comic book art and the music/voices from the old cartoon would be a winning mix for me!

Only way I would ever buy a Spiderman Pin, man that cartoon was big when I was a kid.

#78 8 years ago

I might have to get an SMVE if it's comic book style. I would think the rules will be identical, but would have a new way to code the 2x shot with LED's so it doesn't flicker.

#79 8 years ago

So remember when I said 6 months ago a Borg designed KISS was up next, followed by Game of Thrones? I was partially wrong. Spider Man VE is next, with comicbook art. Just a hunch...

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

So remember when I said 6 months ago a Borg designed KISS was up next, followed by Game of Thrones? I was partially wrong. Spider Man VE is next, with comicbook art. Just a hunch...

I do hope you are right! I will send you a gift basket of some sort if you hit the jackpot!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I'm now wondering if Game of Thrones will trump me wanting KISS, LOTR and now The Walking Dead. What pinball machine will I own next.....

#82 8 years ago

If Lyman does code on GOT Im in on a Premium no questions asked. Lets do this!

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If Lyman does code on GOT Im in on a Premium no questions asked. Lets do this!

BOOM!

In this ep of It's Always Sunny, Mac gets a GoT pinball machine....

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

BOOM!
In this ep of It's Always Sunny, Mac gets a GoT pinball machine....

LOL! I still cant believe Carmen didn't call me when he got his penis removed.
That Black guy died from the Miller Lite commercials, guess Im good to go now.

12474_BD10_28_14_122_981lo.jpg12474_BD10_28_14_122_981lo.jpg

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is going to happen there. Just my two cents. Should be interesting, what a great environment for the unveiling too.

Great environment for Batman

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

» YouTube video

I'm hoping for dots from The Electric Company

electric-company.jpgelectric-company.jpg

#87 8 years ago

While I'm all for a Spider-man VE announcement, I'd see taking the Walking Dead as reason enough for them to attend Comic-con.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Only way I would ever buy a spiderman Pin, man that cartoon was big when I was a kid.

I agree, if they don't go comic, I am not buying. I liked the movies, but it's not Spider-Man to me unless it's in comic form.........Spider-Man is one of 4 that shaped the entire comic industry.

#89 8 years ago

If they do end up releasing SMVE- I would imagine the pricing being higher than what IMVE listed at. There is a whole lot more going on in spiderman. Any idea where you think pricing may land for this title? It compares pretty well to a newer stern Premium/LE as opposed to a pro version.

#90 8 years ago
#91 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

There is a whole lot more going on in spiderman. Any idea where you think pricing may land for this title? It compares pretty well to a newer stern Premium/LE as opposed to a pro version.

Are you sure? It compares pretty similar to IM, Tron Pro or ST Pro IMO.

- Very similar to Tron - (3 flippers, 3 ramps, motor drop bank), except Tron has a spinning disc vs a Doc Ock toy/magnet
- IM is 2 flippers (but that's not a Premium change typically) - the Monger mech is a BIG toy, +2 magnets, +kicker, +3 spinners
- ST Pro - very similar layout with Vengeance toy vs motor drop bank, +color changing LEDs

The Sandman looks like a bigger toy than it is - it's pretty much just a motor drop bank + standups. Doc Ock is a reveal VUK with a magnet. The layout/design makes it seem more impressive than the sum of it's parts.

#92 8 years ago

I would like to see the game come with the play field slide rails, traditional support rails and side rails with flipper button wear protectors.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I would like to see the game come with the play field slide rails, traditional support rails and side rails with flipper button wear protectors.

We all would.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm hoping for dots from The Electric Company

electric-company.jpg

Lol! Great reference! Lol! "Tune in next week when Spiderman says @#%*&@"

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from kesselrig:

While I'm all for a Spider-Man VE announcement, I'd see taking the Walking Dead as reason enough for them to attend Comic-con.

They were at Comic-Con last year too, and I think the year before that, can't remember, so don't over-read into it. Would it be a great place to announce this? Sure. But they're not going because they have a Spider-Man pin.

#96 8 years ago

Speaking of comic book style ve pins, how about TWDve, redone with comic book style art and new sound package?

#97 8 years ago

Comic-Con would be an amazing place to announce this, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Speaking of comic book style ve pins, how about a WDve, redone with comic book style art and new sound package?

Done all black and white Centaur style would be awesome. Might be the only thing that could pry my TWD LE out of my hands.

#100 8 years ago

didnt someone have a photo of a kiss that had a spiderman pf being worked on in the bg? originally from sterns facebook page

found it.

http://i.imgur.com/CR0uI1P.jpg

Stern_FB.jpgStern_FB.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.