IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 24.
#851 8 years ago

So they are charging a premium price yet there is no color changing GI or RGB inserts? What a fk'n joke!!

#852 8 years ago

This would have been so much better for the VE. Perfect Multiball music at 2:50 , direct qoutes from this seriers would have been great as well. I'm not a big Spiderman guy but why Stern? Please if you do GB's then keep it to voice work straight from the films and leave the awful call outs out of the game.

#853 8 years ago

Just watched the gameplay video. Seems like some new animation on the dmd. Looks cleaner than the original.

It will be interesting to see how it sells.
As in all pins there are some things to like and some things to dislike. Not sure this price point will do anything to harm current values of original SM pins? Seems like this price may be high enough to raise prices on originals a few hundred?
I was one who was hoping for a lower price to either buy new or open up an original or two locally.

If nothing else quality sales will prove the strength of the hobby!

#854 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Did sandman move before? Lol I owned this game nib since 2010 and didn't even realize this.

Yes when you beat him he slides down before popping the ball over to the pops.

#855 8 years ago

Already seeing three original SM for sale right now and many many more to come. It will be interesting to see what they go for considering the market has come down some on these machines over the last couple of years.

#856 8 years ago

Woot! Looks great! I'm in!

#857 8 years ago

I apologize for asking but can someone post the video of the new dots? I can't find it. TIA.

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I apologize for asking but can someone post the video of the new dots? I can't find it. TIA.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153822455504244/

#859 8 years ago

Still one of the best Stern games with flow and scoring for me. On a side note also a pin by Stern that is not a big ball drainer like most of there recent ones. Someone told me Stern designs games to last anyway from 3 to 5 mins. I have never seen in writing or heard them confirm but wanted to know if others heard anything like this or any proof. Thanks.

#860 8 years ago

The improvements in artwork, toys, mechanisms, reliability, and DMD animations are quite respectable.

Spiderman got a facelift.
The artwork change was HUGE, which should have been done in the first place, just like they did for Metallica.

"Original hand drawn art is better".

I am sure it will sell well to justify the changes and give a small profit margin like most their more popular games.

I would buy one, if it was in my "niche".

It already was a solid machine, and one of Stern's best efforts in 15 years.

One of the reasons Stern even still makes pinball machines at all.
It was one of several "salvation" titles during the period.

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The improvements in artwork, toys, mechanisms, reliability, and DMD animations are quite meh.

I am sure it will sell 5 games for a huge profit margin.

It already was a solid machine, and lol.

fyp

#862 8 years ago

People with little knowledge should not be making corrections of others.
Otherwise, you end up looking like a jack wagon.

TSPP, LOTR, Spiderman, T3, Monopoly.
These were the games at the time, although you might not have involved in the hobby at the time.
You don't have like every game.
I certainly do not.
Know the pinball history of what kept Stern making games, as small in production as most titles are these days.

These were the titles during "dry" period.
The resurgence has been sucessful, just like in the 1990s with BLY/WMS although how long it will last is unknown.

Did you know the MORE sucessful a VE is in production the higher chance that other titles would be considered and new games designed?
Something to think about.
Spiderman was a good choice in terms of timing right now.

#863 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

No. It's not. Just noting that AMD cannot do anything about the strength of the USD

AMD actually added a price rise in September last year and with the new Spiderman all the games have gone up even though our dollar improved. And I bet some of those games were bought when the dollar was worse. Look at the Mustang LE, they haven't sold well yet went up $500.

update for Aus prices
AMD as of 5-1-16
Note the dollar value today is against us at $1 USD = $1.39 AUD

Spiderman VE - $10650

GoT Pro - $8150
GoT Premium - $10650
GoT LE - $12350

Kiss Pro - $8150
Kiss Premium - $10650
Kiss LE - Sold out

IM VE - not available

WNBJM - $9650

WWE Pro - $7950
WWE LE - $11850

TWD Pro - $8150
TWD Premium - $10650
TWD LE - Sold out

Mustang Pro - $8150
Mustang Premium - Sold Out
Mustang LE - $12350

ST Pro - $8150
ST Premium - Sold Out
ST LE - Sold Out

Met Pro - $8150
Met Premium - $10650
Met LE - Sold Out

update for Aus Prices
AMD as of 25-9-15
Note the dollar value today is against us at $1 USD = $1.43 AUD

GoT Pro - $7950
GoT LE - $11850

Kiss Pro - $7950
Kiss Premium - $10250
Kiss LE - Sold out

IM VE - $7950

WNBJM - $9250

WWE Pro - $7950
WWE LE - $11850

TWD Pro - $7950
TWD Premium - $10250
TWD LE - Sold out

Mustang Pro - $7950
Mustang Premium - Sold Out
Mustang LE - $11850

ST Pro - $7950
ST Premium - Sold Out
ST LE - Sold Out

Met Pro - $7950
Met Premium - $10250
Met LE - Sold Out

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People with little knowledge should not be making corrections of others.
Otherwise, you end up looking like a jack wagon.
TSPP, LOTR, Spiderman, T3, Monopoly.
These were the games at the time, although you might not have involved in the hobby at the time.
You don't have like every game.
I certainly do not.
Know the pinball history of what kept Stern making games, as small in production as most titles are these days.
These were the titles during "dry" period.
The resurgence has been sucessful, just like in the 1990s with BLY/WMS although how long it will last is unknown.
Did you know the MORE sucessful a VE is in production the higher chance that other titles would be considered and new games designed?
Something to think about.
Spiderman was a good choice in terms of timing right now.

Are you really going to try and lecture me? LMAO
You don't have any idea of what I do, or don't know in regards to pinball.

"I am sure it will sell well to justify the changes and give a small profit margin like most their more popular games."

I'm pretty sure you are talking outta your ass pretending to know Sterns profit margin on SMVE.

btw...successful

#865 8 years ago

I just listened to Coast2Coast podcast regarding the pricing of this machine, and even though I get his point about 7600 usd for a new "timeless" SMVE compared to a used SM for 5000 or in bad shape for 4000 is not too much, I still think the main problem is in general the constant rise in price for Stern games. So in the context that I personally (and stern couldnt care less ) think that the pro versions are too expensive, I think also the SMVe is too expensive.

Oh well, I just realized Im not a fan of the machine or theme anyway so what am I doing here

#866 8 years ago

18 pages. Are we done moaning about this?

#867 8 years ago

Omg stop posting kaneds

#868 8 years ago

This may be a tough sell to the Pinside crowd, as its $1500 more than a HUO, loaded original. That's too steep for what comes down to a new artwork package.

At a pro's price or just a few hundred more than a pro I think it would have been a no-brainer to most, however.

#869 8 years ago

Oculus Rift price was just announced to be $599 and VR people are acting like the world is ending. Can't help but think of this thread.

#870 8 years ago

I think this new SM is an attractive upgrade for operators... it will be far more showy on location due to the original being dark due to the color scheme and incandescent bulbs. It will also be more attractive to the younger crowd due to it being based on the Ultimate Spider Man universe which is newer and teenage Peter Parker is obviously geared toward a younger audience.

Considering the value of this edition to operators, the fact that Stern always markets the Pro as the operator model due to price point (Premium for enthusiasts, LE for collectors), and the fact that the pinball core demographic pre-dates the USM universe, I can understand the confusion and complaints on the Premium price point. It's not as much a negative reaction to end product, it's that Stern continues to muddle it's marketing message. Ultimately everyone buys what they want anyhow, as I see plenty of Premiums and LEs on location.

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

Are you really going to try and lecture me? LMAO
You don't have any idea of what I do, or don't know in regards to pinball.
"I am sure it will sell well to justify the changes and give a small profit margin like most their more popular games."
I'm pretty sure you are talking outta your ass pretending to know Sterns profit margin on SMVE.
btw...successful

You're pretty salty for a guy that's posted 38 times in 4 years. lol

#872 8 years ago

If a spiderman that has cost 5k$ when NIB still sells for a lot of money today, then ops could sell their old spidermans to collectors and use the money to buy a new one... which will have a high resale value too.. And the games already earned a lot of money.
So pinball isn't that expensive if you buy the correct titles..

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

If a spiderman that has cost 5k$ when NIB still sells for a lot of money today, then ops could sell their old spidermans to collectors and use the money to buy a new one... which will have a high resale value too.. And the games already earned a lot of money.
So pinball isn't that expensive if you buy the correct titles..

A routed Spidey would get no where near 5K. SMVE isn't meant for operators. It's the SM Version of ACDC Luci. Why do we need 18 pages of moaning to figure this out? It's beautiful and will sell.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's absolutely embarrassing that pinball, a 6-9K electronic toy does not have an LCD as the standard display in 2016. Embarrassing.
Stern is going to use Spider-Man VE as the ultimate Cash Grab. Replacing the art will cost them nothing. Gary Stern is a genius. He's innovates at a snails pace simply because nobody else can give him a run for the money. I really hope Alien / Ghostbuster go head to head and Heighway can pump out machines as fast as Stern.
I agree with those folks who are OUT until LCD gets incorporated. The red dots in GOT is so embarrassingly bad that I wonder how people can even enjoy the experience after playing LCD or even Color DMD.

Quoted from kaneda:

18 pages. Are we done moaning about this?

#875 8 years ago

LOL
pot_kettle(2)_(resized).jpgpot_kettle(2)_(resized).jpg

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Oculus Rift price was just announced to be $599 and VR people are acting like the world is ending. Can't help but think of this thread.

The issue with OR is not only the price, but you need a supercomputer to run it.
I'm in for PlayStation VR regardless of the price.

As far as SM VE - I would pay $1,500 to get this NIB over a used one if I was interested in the title

#877 8 years ago

dupe, sorry

#878 8 years ago

... is Batman the next VE in this "ultimate" style ? my son would love it !

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

People say it's based on the comic book but I don't get that feel. The playfield still feels like they took stock images and pushed them around till they were happy. The backglass does feel the most like a comic book but someone suggested Spidey should be saying a quip and "my eyes" should have been taken off. That makes more sense to me.
Overall it's not bad though. I don't want to sound too negative. It's bright and the toys look great but I'm same excited for this one as I am for the movie version and the movie version is cheaper.

It is! The art consists of panels from the original run of Ultimate Spidey from 2000-2004. Go back and look at those comics. I have the TPBs and can show you the exact pages each piece came from. They didn't bother to change the backglass because I think they were forced to use things as they were.

#880 8 years ago

I think this is a nice game and if the rules are basically the same it's "Very Good". I just think, for the price, the original is the better machine. Not because I own one either. I am not looking to sell...

Positives

-LED's Pre-installed
-New artwork pops, especially playfield.
-DOTS clearly more visible than the movie cut scenes
-decals on targets is a nice touch.

Negatives

-Original Backglass superior.
-Voice acting of original far superior. You just can't replace J.K. Simmons
-Toys are better on original.These new toys look like they came out of a Marvel toy set you can buy at Toys 'r' Us
-I prefer the original cabinet art. (Personal Preference)
-Although movie cut scenes were difficult to view in some cases they worked.
-Price. The new machine costs too much when the original package is better.

Unless Stern has a new machine lined up for the MCU Spider-Man movies, they should have waited. I know this was as much a Marvel decision and it will move some machines, it feels like a forced effort.

#881 8 years ago

I would like to moan a little about this SMVE cash grab.

It looks stupid (much worse than the original) and is missing a cool feature, the Goblin. And it's priced the same as much better games, like Walking Dead Premium.

Who's with me?

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It looks stupid (much worse than the original) and is missing a cool feature, the Goblin. And it's priced the same as much better games, like Walking Dead Premium.
Who's with me?

I do think it's overpriced, but that is probably what I care least about. I can save a tad longer to get a game a really want. NBD. I think this game looks great though and we all know it's fun as hell to play, so if you really like every else about this except price, why let hat hold you back?

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who's with me?

I'm with you 100%. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

gloom-despair-and-agony-on-me_(resized).jpggloom-despair-and-agony-on-me_(resized).jpg

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

... is Batman the next VE in this "ultimate" style ? my son would love it !

I heard they might do a Batman '66 version of TDK. I dunno how that will go over here. I think it's pretty cool, but TDK isn't exactly a game people are dying to see released again.

Just a rumor, no idea.

GalleryComics_1920x1080_20150422_Batman-66-vol-3-cvr_5515e55b01a1b9.94311897_(resized).jpgGalleryComics_1920x1080_20150422_Batman-66-vol-3-cvr_5515e55b01a1b9.94311897_(resized).jpg

#885 8 years ago

^^^ I absolutely love the fact that artist drew Cesar Romero with face paint over his moustache!!!

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

^^^ I absolutely love the fact that artist drew Cesar Romero with face paint over his moustache!!!

Yeah, they really nailed it all, I love the art. And after all the OMG GRIM SERIOUSNESS Batman it's nice to see a little more light hearted take.

#887 8 years ago

Break out the Domino's and Shasta, let's have a Batman art contest.

#888 8 years ago

Zoinks

Quoted from Aurich:I heard they might do a Batman '66 version of TDK. I dunno how that will go over here. I think it's pretty cool, but TDK isn't exactly a game people are dying to see released again.
Just a rumor, no idea.
GalleryComics_1920x1080_20150422_Batman-66-vol-3-cvr_5515e55b01a1b9.94311897_(resized).jpg

I like Batman theme.

BM1_(resized).pngBM1_(resized).png

BM2_(resized).jpgBM2_(resized).jpg

#889 8 years ago

It'll probably be based on the new Batman cartoon.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#890 8 years ago

Maybe Stern can make a KISS VE with an up to date band like any other band but KISS.

#891 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Break out the Domino's and Shasta, let's have a Batman art contest.

only if I receive a $100 gift card for domino's pizza if I win

#892 8 years ago

It would have to be Batman the animated series to knock this one out the park. You have to utilize Scare Crowes moving crane. http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/52ee4ad7-61d7-46b4-8ff7-accad3a12e4c/b0e7a2d2-0e74-4224-8ff6-2459debacec3.gif

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

It would have to be Batman the animated series to knock this one out the park. You have to utilize Scare Crowes moving crane.

That would be awesome and was one of my favorite cartoons.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

It'll probably be based on the new Batman cartoon.

That looks better then Ultimate Spiderman.

#894 8 years ago

Everything other version does....

dc6e9609eac29ba3d67dafd52b18cd45_(resized).pngdc6e9609eac29ba3d67dafd52b18cd45_(resized).png

loldwell-com-2010-04-27_(resized).pngloldwell-com-2010-04-27_(resized).png

201410_0911_bddei_sm_(resized).jpg201410_0911_bddei_sm_(resized).jpg

funny-pictures-auto-comics-Batman-480142_(resized).jpegfunny-pictures-auto-comics-Batman-480142_(resized).jpeg

batman04_(resized).jpgbatman04_(resized).jpg

batman03_(resized).jpgbatman03_(resized).jpg

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard they might do a Batman '66 version of TDK. I dunno how that will go over here. I think it's pretty cool, but TDK isn't exactly a game people are dying to see released again.
Just a rumor, no idea.

I'm been itching to try a re-theme of a game and Batman '66 is at the top of my list. If stern were to release one it would save me a lot of time and effort. I love this modern version of the movie poster from the '66 film.

batman_poster_(resized).jpgbatman_poster_(resized).jpg

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm been itching to try a re-theme of a game and Batman '66 is at the top of my list. If stern were to release one it would save me a lot of time and effort. I love this modern version of the movie poster from the '66 film.

I think Batman '66 is very cool. But even when it's done tastefully part of the charm is the camp.

And I just don't know that camp appeals to enough people. And TDK isn't revered like SM.

I'd love to see what it looks like if they do it though.

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think Batman '66 is very cool. But even when it's done tastefully part of the charm is the camp.
And I just don't know that camp appeals to enough people. And TDK isn't revered like SM.
I'd love to see what it looks like if they do it though.

There's already a "Pro" version designed....the Costco version!

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And it's priced the same as much better games, like Walking Dead Premium.

It's also priced the same as worse games, like KISS premium.

#899 8 years ago

I'd be thrilled for a Batman 66, but not as a retheme. Original layout and rules plz

#900 8 years ago

18 pages, wow, can someone summarize what the fuss is all about? I think the pin looks nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,187 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.