Topic Stats

• 1,186 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rubbers (resized).JPG
IMG_5603 (resized).JPG
IMG_5604 (resized).JPG
IMG_4464_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_4450 (resized).JPG
IMG_4451 (resized).JPG
IMG_4452 (resized).JPG
IMG_4454 (resized).JPG
IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

There are 1186 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Which ones better SM or SMVE?

Original SM

#753 4 years ago

Thanks Stern for raising my value of my current SPIDEY

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Which ones better SM or SMVE?

Depends which owner you ask

#755 4 years ago

im not trying to hijack/troll/brag- what do you guys think of this new one versus a nice BSM?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bsm-black-spider-man-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post

I like both- but stock vs stock I'd likely choose the new one although comics are more "nerdy" than movies that 9 billion people have seen.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

im not trying to hijack/troll/brag- what do you guys think of this new one versus a nice BSM?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-bsm-black-spider-man-plenty-of-mods-appreciation-picture-post
I like both- but stock vs stock I'd likely choose the new one although comics are more "nerdy" than movies that 9 billion people have seen.

That SM Black kicks ass, but losing Alfred Molina is a definite plus.

#757 4 years ago

I'll sum this up as best as I can without sounding like an ass because it's really not my intention. Artwork looks awesome. New mechs looks cool. All in all so far a well rounded remake. But if the price (msrp) is $6800 then you pretty much price 95% of international orders out. Not Sterns fault but the market is shit right now. I would not pay $10k-11k for this (6800x1.35 x bank conversion fee X taxes 13%). I hope I'm wrong on price for the hobbie's sake in Canada.

Stern is listening on the artwork front for sure.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

stern-spiderman-backglassjpg-0d6f5a_(resized).jpg

You can say that again, Doc.

This looks terrible. No spike, no colour changing led's and a worse art package than the original. Price is high as well. I just don't understand what this has going for it over the original, aside from NIB. Oh well, people will still buy it.

#759 4 years ago

You ooze you loose

#760 4 years ago

Spiderman VE
First Look at CES Reveal.
Based on the Marvel Comic. Full featured art graphics and DMD graphics. Comic toys. Shaker motor. Laser side rails. Game play is comic book story line not the movie. Very cool.

Spiderman_VE_BG_(resized).jpg

Spiderman_VE_Siderail_(resized).jpg

Spiderman_VE_Toys_2_(resized).jpg

#761 4 years ago

One cool thing is what they did for doc magnet. Hope they start doing this for all their magnets will prevent wear and give the magnet area more kick. Still out at this price point but think it looks good.

image_(resized).jpeg

#762 4 years ago

My first impression was...jarring. I'm just not a huge fan of the Ultimate style I guess. Looking at it more, I do like it, but not nearly as much as the original. Venom is completely awesome though. Spidey needs a cheeseburger. Price is ridiculous. For that there should have at least been color changing LEDs to take the place of the brightness changing lights on the original. I wonder if they are going to try to replicate that somehow, or just drop that feature altogether. Overall, it's pretty cool and I can't wait to see the dots and hear the audio. I can't see giving up my original for one though, even as a 1-to-1 trade (and mine is not mint or HUO so that's not even close to happening).

#763 4 years ago

Back to back upper playfield. New toys look awesome. Old ones look outdated.

pasted_image_(resized).png
image-45_(resized).jpg

#764 4 years ago

I wonder if "new" SMVEPULTIMATESPIDERMANRIPOFF toys will fit onto old SM's

#765 4 years ago

I like the backglasses of both. I wish they would have gotten rid of the word balloon in the new one but looks cool. I'm glad they put Doc Ock on the backglass instead of Green Goblin.

#766 4 years ago

Yes - it looks awesome! Yes - I love the new art!

No - I will not pay $7,595.

#767 4 years ago

HUO modded out 5500. 1500 more bone stock. I'll take the original even at the same price point just for the screened cab and wooden back box

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nope, look. You can see the up/down piece mounted behind it. There's a perfect space between the plastics for him to move up and down.

Sandman_(resized).jpg

Ah right you are. Thanks for showing that.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

That's ok. The people who buy one won't either.

#770 4 years ago

CCA_Approval_(resized).jpg

#771 4 years ago

Everyone's MO is always the same on here:

1. Reveal Pin
2. Claim you won't buy it
3. Ships
4. Sells like crazy (minus WWE and Mustang).

We get it, it's pricey. But man, it's EFFIN Gorgeous. 10x Nicer than the old. Give Stern credit guys. They knocked this out of the park. Ghostbusters is gonna be EPIC.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Yes - it looks awesome! Yes - I love the new art!

You need to find a new distro.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Everyone's MO is always the same on here:
1. Reveal Pin
2. Claim you won't buy it
3. Ships
4. Sells like crazy (minus WWE and Mustang).
We get it, it's pricey. But man, it's EFFIN Gorgeous. 10x Nicer than the old. Give Stern credit guys. They knocked this out of the park. Ghostbusters is gonna be EPIC.

GB will be epic and that is why I am not buying this one.

#774 4 years ago

I think this machine looks sweet - just the Spider-man Vault I was hoping for. To justify the premium price, I would have liked to see some kind of new game-play features or a color display or something beyond the aesthetic upgrades, but I'll definitely buy one anyway.

#775 4 years ago

I like my modded out Black Spidey much better !
Waiting to spend $$ on GB instead .

#776 4 years ago

I like the cabinet of the new one, but prefer the original playfield. At what they are asking I am out.

On the other hand for around 4k I would be interested in an unmodded original. Might wait to see if i can trade my PM for it lol

#777 4 years ago

I absolutely love the new artwork, and nobody is going to pay the msrp, but ugh at the "my eyes" bubble. I could see a number of folks switching their translight tone new one through some grey market purchases. I'm dying to see the new dots, and hope to god they don't f*up the voices.

#778 4 years ago

Guys...Stern has turned a corner with art for sure. I bet they originally were just gonna re-run Spidey. But they heard us loud and clear that they have fallen behind with art. Can we talk about how the new figures look SOOOOOO much better? Feels fun and comic book like, the way Spidey should. Home run Stern.

#779 4 years ago

Why is this game 2k more than IM VE when IM first edition was more than SM first edition

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like the backglasses of both. I wish they would have gotten rid of the word balloon in the new one but looks cool.

I wish the word balloons were bigger. It's based on a comic book.....what's more comic book than that.

I think it would be cool if someone did an alt translite that somehow incorporated a comic book strip into the design. That could be badass.

I'm not a buyer because of the theme. But it looks really cool.

Chris

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The question is do older spidermans get to update to the new dots????

No chance.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Why is this game 2k more than IM VE when IM first edition was more than SM first edition

Because they did a lot more with this then they did with IM VE. Just goes to show if they did a LOTR VE it would cost A LOT.

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

You need to find a new distro.

We only have the one

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I wish the word balloons were bigger. It's based on a comic book.....what's more comic book than that.
I think it would be cool if someone did an alt translite that somehow incorporated a comic book strip into the design. That could be badass.
I'm not a buyer because of the theme. But it looks really cool.
Chris

People say it's based on the comic book but I don't get that feel. The playfield still feels like they took stock images and pushed them around till they were happy. The backglass does feel the most like a comic book but someone suggested Spidey should be saying a quip and "my eyes" should have been taken off. That makes more sense to me.

Overall it's not bad though. I don't want to sound too negative. It's bright and the toys look great but I'm same excited for this one as I am for the movie version and the movie version is cheaper.

#785 4 years ago

I think it looks great and I'm sure the animations and voices are going to be great but I can't afford the price. Anyone want to sell me a nice HUO in Denver?

#786 4 years ago

What do you guys think street price is on this ?

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

What do you guys think street price is on this ?

6400-6600 shipped.

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6400-6600 shipped.

I might be in if this is the true range of delivered street price. Else, I'd bump just a bit and grab a GoT Premium.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6400-6600 shipped.

So I like with a premium game , seems a bit high oh well

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I might be in if this is the true range of delivered street price. Else, I'd bump just a bit and grab a GoT Premium.

That's the price I've seen for the GOT premium too.

#791 4 years ago

The hand drawn art looks good but I like the old figures more. I wonder if just the playfield will be available to purchase?

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's the price I've seen for the GOT premium too.

So in marketing terms it's a SM premium.

#793 4 years ago

Looks fantastic. I own a very, very nice '07 red and love. If I didn't own the one I have I would be on this. As an owner of a SM I would say go for it if you like the game. You won't be disappointed by the game play for sure!!!

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So in marketing terms it's a SM premium.

That's what it seems like.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Home run Stern.

They hit a triple, not a home run. They removed the green goblin mech! No interaction anymore. Took away an awesome part of the game.

#796 4 years ago

video is up

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

They hit a triple, not a home run. They removed the green goblin mech! No interaction anymore. Took away an awesome part of the game.

Becasue the bobble it did before was so awesome right lol.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Becasue the bobble it did before was so awesome right lol.

It makes a boring shot a satisying shot.

#799 4 years ago

It would be nice if they did a version of the walking dead with cabinet and translite with the comic book art.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just because it's NEW it does not equal BETTER
I highly doubt they can improve on current SM in a meaningful way.
Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom and Green Goblin
It plays smooth as butter, that's what matters

Going back to my original feeling 4 days ago.

I glad some people that want an SM get the chance with the new SMVE if willing to pay up.

For me, I've come back to earth and reality and NO, it's hasn't been "a tough pill to swallow"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenfield, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
There are 1186 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside