Topic Stats

• 1,186 posts
  • 301 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 121 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Rubbers (resized).JPG
IMG_5603 (resized).JPG
IMG_5604 (resized).JPG
IMG_4464_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_4450 (resized).JPG
IMG_4451 (resized).JPG
IMG_4452 (resized).JPG
IMG_4454 (resized).JPG
IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4453 (resized).JPG
IMG_4449 (resized).JPG
IMG_3241 (resized).jpg
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_4387 (resized).PNG
WED_4812 (resized).JPG
IMG_3580 (resized).JPG

There are 1186 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.
#451 4 years ago

Ya think. It's a heck of a deposit.

#452 4 years ago

Didn't think about that--super deposit!

#453 4 years ago

They will bring something new to CES, so it's gonna be soon. SM VE, Tron VE, Ghostbusters, who knows, but I'm betting something new will be there...

#454 4 years ago

Your probably right. Last year I think they revealed WWF and The Spike system so my money says probably a new title. Why present old technology in SAM/SM.

#455 4 years ago

I think someone simply speculated that they hoped or thought there was a chance it would be revealed this week. From what I am hearing, it won't be announced until early January. And from what I'm also hearing, the previous speculation was correct that it will be priced more in the premium range with some things added to put it more in the premium realm of machines. Hope for a little bit of cash in your Christmas stocking to help make up the difference between what you were hoping to pay and what you will have to pay!

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Hope for a little bit of cash in your Christmas stocking to help make up the difference between what you were hoping to pay and what you will have to pay!

Or, hope that Christmas doesn't drain your bank account as bad as you expected it to.

#457 4 years ago

What ya think, next week at CES this game is getting announced!

#458 4 years ago

Jan 5th or there abouts expect some news.

Comic art, new molded toys, etc...

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The "insight" in your posts intrigues me. Could be your avatar though?

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Awesome thanks !

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

The "insight" in your posts intrigues me. Could be your Avatar though?

Yeah, which one are you? The old man or the blond?

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Otherwise same playfield layout & rules right? Actual gameplay shouldn't be any different than the original?

#463 4 years ago

How do you improve on an already great pin? I paid $5k for a perfect HUO example with spare parts and Ritchie sigs.

I just pulled the cover off after a long hiatus of playing other pins. SM sits right next to TWDLE, and while its good for a half dozen fun plays it will never come close to the overall experience with TWD imho.

That said, again, its a fun pin with great callouts, modes, etc.......but do we need another rehashed "vault edition"?

I'm gonna say F NO!

Coghlan's law, "Bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint". If you want an SM its out there. I see just another cash grab from the dummies that don't know any better. But hey, to each his own.

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you improve on an already great pin?

Sell it to people who've never owned one?

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sell it to people who've never owned one?

For 6k plus..........

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

....but do we need another rehashed "vault edition"?

Well we have only had one. And if they didn't do an IMVE, I wouldn't own an IM. I would have completely missed what a great game it was.

SM VE isn't for you, it is for all the people that never got to play SM in a home environment.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

SM VE isn't for you, it is for all the people that never got to play SM in a home environment

I have.....an SM original.....

And you could have purchased an original IM.....no? In fact, if I were to want an IM, I'd take an original myself.

#468 4 years ago

It will be less than 6K, my guess around $5500

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you improve on an already great pin? I paid $5k for a perfect HUO example with spare parts and Ritchie sigs.
I just pulled the cover off after a long hiatus of playing other pins. SM sits right next to TWDLE, and while its good for a half dozen fun plays it will never come close to the overall experience with TWD imho.
That said, again, its a fun pin with great callouts, modes, etc.......but do we need another rehashed "vault edition"?
I'm gonna say F NO!
Coghlan's law, "Bury the dead, all they do is stink up the joint". If you want an SM its out there. I see just another cash grab from the dummies that don't know any better. But hey, to each his own.

I agree. Is it necessary to remake a great game that is already sold at a decent price? SM is $4500-$5000 for a decent one now. Is it worth it to put off a current purchase now and pay $1000+ more for a VE that may never happen and that may have art that is not to your expectations? I don't know. Maybe focus on the next big thing instead.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

It will be less than 6K, my guess around $5500

I doubt it. Much more to SM than IM. I'm thinking over $6k, premium prices. SM is a "premium"

#471 4 years ago

I hope this is true. I'm in the market for a VE, could be several titles and SM would be one of the tops. I know there are other options but I wanted to wait for one more new announcement. Other options are delayed anyway.

#472 4 years ago

Typical price for a nice SM right now is $5000. Stern will have no problem at all selling a new version with new HD art for $500 more.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Typical price for a nice SM right now is $5000. Stern will have no problem at all selling a new version with new HD art for $500 more.

What if it's $1500 more though?

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Seen what's in the "old" SM? Yep, thinking another $1500

#475 4 years ago

I was told by a unnamed distributor that "the next title is a type of hybrid between the pro and the premium and the price should be reflective of that". I hope so, otherwise at premium prices I'll be looking for a nice used one.

#476 4 years ago

I hope they rework some of the rules. I love the layout but dont like how repetitive everything is. I would love to see the spider sense shot behind the third flipper be more important and actually be something worth risking such a dangerous shot for.

#477 4 years ago

SM has stood the test of time, and still compares VERY WELL to the current, flavor of the month new Sterns ( played all 3, but none coming into my lineup).....it just has a finished, smooth, complete feel to it.

Depending on the price, suspect a "comic theme" SMVE could work if not too expensive....I grabbed an IMVE ( modding it out right now) and really like the game....don't think they made as many original IM's ( prices high), so it made sense to me...

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I was told by a unnamed distributor that "the next title is a type of hybrid between the pro and the premium and the price should be reflective of that". I hope so, otherwise at premium prices I'll be looking for a nice used one.

What exactly does that mean? SM is what it is, at a minimum. To entice new buyers don't you have to add additional stuff?

Art and lighting wouldn't do it for me, sorry, mine is good enough at $5k for a really great one.

I just don't see how the new SM sells the shit out of it when the old one is plenty good?

And despite the old one being great, its time for new options, not rehashed old BS.

#479 4 years ago

So "Promium" it is!

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And despite the old one being great, its time for new options, not rehashed old BS.

The new stuff will still come. Stern's capacity is much bigger now in the new factory. Rehashed stuff is not at the expense of new stuff. They are concurrent. Bring the new SM, I am a buyer. Bring GB, I am a buyer.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What if it's $1500 more though?

$6500 street price would be too much for me.

#482 4 years ago

I have been looking for a SM to add to my collection, and the thought of a new vs used is much more enticing, especially if around the same price. Not the biggest fan of the movies, but love the comics, and have never owned or played one. I like the idea of these ves, as I got an IM as well. I dont know if I would pay 6500 though. 5k seems about right.

#483 4 years ago

SMVE has been rumored for so long and have read it so many times that I have become a believer. SM is a great pin, but there is room for another version. I can see Stern selling 500 SMVE to initially test the market and then building from there. If SMVE has new art, toys, sounds and dots, it will be different enough to stand on its own as a new release. Accordingly, it won't really be a vault release and should be named something new like Spider-Man Extended (SME) instead of SMVE. Given Stern's track record, I don't see them improving any element better than the original, but the potential is looming. Art is obviously the single area that Stern needs to hit out of the park to get this party started. I welcome their efforts and look forward to seeing the upcoming SM release.

#484 4 years ago

If it's same layout and rules with comic/graffic novel art, our HUO SM will be up for sale.

#485 4 years ago

So the "official" Marvel universe that all the films draw from now is the Ultimate one right? That's why Nick Fury is black now for instance and played by Samuel Jackson, and not a white dude.

I never payed all that much attention to it, didn't get into the new comics. So I'm guessing any art used for a new machine will be Ultimate universe to match.

Anyone follow it? I did some quick googling, and it seems like they rebooted to a younger Peter Parker, back in high school again, and Green Goblin isn't a mask, he looks like the Hulk now or something. Looks like it has a little more of an anime influence, bigger head, bigger eyes.

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_155_Textless_(resized).jpg

Maybe the voices will be from the animated series?

usm3_(resized).jpg

#486 4 years ago

Oh man, if it looks like that, I'll keep my HUO original one for sure!! Give me some Romita art like the Gottlieb one!! The Spidey himself looks ok, but Goblin... No thanks!

#487 4 years ago

Yeah Green Goblin is all hulked out now, literally, down to the purple pants even.

1801575-green_goblin_(resized).jpg

I don't know the story behind it. I was reading Spider-Man comics in the 80s, I'm pretty behind. But I think it's safe to assume that Marvel isn't interested in pushing old stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man seems to be the current character and universe.

#488 4 years ago

Somehow this seems better to me... Of course I am somewhat old...

(Not my Pic)

green_goblin_kit_by_horizon_(resized).jpg

#489 4 years ago

Spider-man as a continuity has been pretty thoroughly F'ED UP. Spider-man is Marvel's Superman....it's like they just keep throwing dookie at the wall that's completely absurd and seeing what will stick.

Isn't Miles Morales as of their most recent universe reboot/merger...THING... the current Spider-Man? So he's black too. *shrug* At this point, Spider-Man has been like what..five different people? Parker, Morales, Doc Ock (oops, spoiler alert!), Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider...close enough, he's a freakin' Parker clone), Miguel O'Hara (2099)...at the very least, if not more.

It's a total clusterf...if you ask me.

#490 4 years ago

Yeah, beats me, I can't keep track of it all. But Ultimate Spider-Man the show seems to take place in the same universe as the films and that's pretty much the "official" one as far as I can tell:

SM-NickFury_(resized).jpg

#491 4 years ago

Wow, I take back my comment about using the cartoon voices, really hope they don't do that, listen to Peter:

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, I take back my comment about using the cartoon voices, really hope they don't do that, listen to Peter:

Does Peter even talk in the current game? Seems like it's all the bad guys.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ยป YouTube video

That kid stuff is awful.

#494 4 years ago

I have not seen that before, it is... terrible... (IMHO of course...) I would rather see the '60's animated series, than that...

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Does Peter even talk in the current game? Seems like it's all the bad guys.

"It's time to pay Marco"

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

"It's time to pay Marco"

There are a few in the sandman mode.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

SMVE has been rumored for so long and have read it so many times that I have become a believer. SM is a great pin, but there is room for another version. I can see Stern selling 500 SMVE to initially test the market and then building from there. If SMVE has new art, toys, sounds and dots, it will be different enough to stand on its own as a new release. Accordingly, it won't really be a vault release and should be named something new like Spider-Man Extended (SME) instead of SMVE. Given Stern's track record, I don't see them improving any element better than the original, but the potential is looming. Art is obviously the single area that Stern needs to hit out of the park to get this party started. I welcome their efforts and look forward to seeing the upcoming SM release.

Stay a believer. Spider-Man is coming down the Stern pipeline.

#498 4 years ago

Back when I read comics in the 90s that was my main draw to Marvel, that everything since the 60s was part of continuity. DC was a little different because of crisis on infinite earths and I could never figure out what mattered and what didn't. Now Marvel is just as bad and I don't know if I have it all straight. I think there are three Spider-Mans. Peter Parker who made a deal with Mephisto to erase his marriage to MJ from existence so he could save his 80 year old Aunt May (I hate that storyline so much). Miles Morales who came from the Ultimate universe after he took over for teenage Peter Parker after he died. And Spider-Gwen, which is Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man and I don't quite understand. I don't know how they would portray the characters on the pinball machine but I think Stern knows it's audience.

I would think they would pull art from different sources like they did for X-Men but I would love to see a McFarlane or Romita art style.

#499 4 years ago

I just attempted to read the plot synopsis of Superior super man OK wikipedia (doc oc as spider man) and got lost.

I think they could avoid a lot of the crazy parts within a pinball machine. Look at xmen, also comic book.. It doesn't go into detail on source material and still captures the essence.

#500 4 years ago

It has to be old-school SM or McFarlane. Anything else would be completely cheesy and a big fail.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenfield, WI
There are 1186 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside