Stern Spiderman Real Knocker

By DarthSinex

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I've just installed a real knocker into my Stern Spiderman and have strange behavior which I'm sure has a simple software solution somewhere. I've changed the settings on Q24 to knocker and turned the artificial knocker sound off on #55 to off.

Mechanically and electronically all seems to be fine, and when I run the specific knocker test in the diagnostic menu both the electronic knocker and the real knocker solenoid fire. So far so good!

Unfortunately in the game nothing sounds or fires on a replay. Not expecting a sound from game, but was expecting the physical knocker to fire. Also when I do a coil test and test the spare coil on 24 nothing happens. ??

Must be a reason, but I'm lost

#2 9 years ago

The test mode never worked for me, but it did during the game. did you follow this thread?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-stern-real-knocker-kits-available/page/2

#3 9 years ago

Why don't they just copy the audio of a Williams one,
they can't copy write the sound a knocker makes!

#4 9 years ago

Wondering if being in free play makes any difference to this? My problem is that it works in the knocker test but not in the game?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Wondering if being in free play makes any difference to this? My problem is that it works in the knocker test but not in the game?

Mine never worked in test but always worked in freeplay. I followed herg's installation on my Tron.

#6 9 years ago

Do you have replay award set to extra ball?

#7 9 years ago

Don't think so. Pretty confident it's all set to free games as no extra ball is awarded and the call out mentions free games

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Don't think so. Pretty confident it's all set to free games as no extra ball is awarded and the call out mentions free games

Why would you have replay set to free games in a home environment? Or is this on route?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Why would you have replay set to free games in a home environment? Or is this on route?

The point is to award a replay and get a knock, not just a free ball. All my machines are set up that way, free balls are cheating !

#10 9 years ago

DCFAN has one installed in his Spider-Man, but I'm not sure what conditions are necessary to make it fire.

#11 9 years ago

If the replay is set to award an extra ball it will not knock. If you set it to award a replay/free game it should knock.
It also should knock when the match is made after a game ends.

4 weeks later
#12 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

The point is to award a replay and get a knock, not just a free ball. All my machines are set up that way, free balls are cheating !

Uh.....no.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 25.50
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 12.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-real-knocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.