• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DCFAN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

hi all!

i was playing spiderman, it was working fine, then all of a sudden the coils all refused to work -
also the flashers would have stopped.

f10 was blown - the 20v coil and flasher fuse.

replaced and as soon as the machine was turned back on it blew again.

has anyone any idea why this may happen?

thanks

#2 4 years ago

Perhaps a shorted coil?

#3 4 years ago

I'm going to guess bridge BR2 has shorted out and needs to be replaced. 400V, 35A with blade lugs.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm going to guess bridge BR2 has shorted out and needs to be replaced. 400V, 35A with blade lugs.

Here it is if that is what is wrong:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/KBPC3504-L

#5 4 years ago

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=172

Part Number: GBPC3504L
Bridge Rectifier, 400V, 35A, Lug LeadsBridge Rectifier, 400V, 35A, Lug LeadsManufacturer: Diodes Inc or Fairchild Semiconductor

Price: $2.75

#6 4 years ago

thanks everyone. i'm going to check it out tomorrow -
i thought what dcfan said but i hope it's just that one part.

let you know when i'm sober.

#7 4 years ago

hmmm, so i put another fuse in and the game started - but after a while the fuse blew again.

what i did notice was that although the yellow sandman flasher worked - neither of the 2 flashers
on the back board flashed i.e. the blue venom one and the red one which is for doc ock? not sure.

could this actually be a flasher problem whereby the back has been damaged when the playfield's
been lifted? is there an easy way to just disconnect all the flashers to test this?

thanks

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

hmmm, so i put another fuse in and the game started - but after a while the fuse blew again.
what i did notice was that although the yellow sandman flasher worked - neither of the 2 flashers
on the back board flashed i.e. the blue venom one and the red one which is for doc ock? not sure.
could this actually be a flasher problem whereby the back has been damaged when the playfield's
been lifted? is there an easy way to just disconnect all the flashers to test this?
thanks

It could be a short at one of the flashers. Pull the playfield to the forward position and look at the back of the backboard to visually inspect the flashers.

#9 4 years ago

Bingo.

Sorted.

#10 4 years ago

Cheers DC.

#11 4 years ago

Great! Congrats. Enjoy the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside