(Topic ID: 233717)

Stern Spider-Man Won't Boot After Code Update

By RVApinballer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hey there,

Tried updating the code in my Stern Spider-Man (2007). The game recognized the file in my USB stick just fine. It went through the update process just fine, and at the end said "update complete remove USB stick". Then it says "put dip switch 8 to off" and that works just fine. It gets to the point where it says "press select to reboot or power cycle game" then when you do so all I get is a blank screen when I power back up, no booting whatsoever.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide! Did a successful code update on TWD with this stick. The fact that it makes it all the way through the process leads me to believe it's not the stick, but maybe it is? I don't have many others to try with.

#2 5 years ago

An update on my update, found an old USB stick in a box somewhere, wiped it out, and tried it again and it worked! Guess the "update complete" message was misleading. Spider-Man had a ton of updates since its release so pretty excited to play the latest.

Perhaps someone will read this and not scratch their head like me at the misleading message. Previous failed updates on TWD did not have that same message so it left me pretty confused.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-won-t-boot-after-code-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.