Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AS-speakerCover-layout (resized).jpg
IMG_0261 (resized).JPG
claire amps 2 (resized).jpg
clair amps 2 (resized).jpg
clair amps 1 scale (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

So we have been toying with this since Feb but the cost of making something great (cast and hand painted) has been cost prohibitive.
I have tried three companies with only one coming close on a short run estimate.
To make it from top quality material with a life like finish the retail would be close to $100 for a set.
Toyed with dropping Marshal name and scrolling Pinball Rocks or some slogan up there maybe even Hooked lol.
I want to make it a double stack with metal controls (they would be stationary but metal for the chrome / brushed finish look.

Would you be interested? Post here if we get say 50 the project would be worth doing.
Here are my concepts for your consideration. Just chime in no emails necessary at this point.
Thanks!
Hooked.

clair amps 1 scale (resized).jpgclair amps 1 scale (resized).jpg
clair amps 2 (resized).jpgclair amps 2 (resized).jpg
claire amps 2 (resized).jpgclaire amps 2 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

These are supposed to go on the speaker panel??

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

These are supposed to go on the speaker panel??

Yes the speaker panel grill will be the back drop and this would picture frame it in.
The actual speakers are lower so the upper controls would not interfere whatsoever.

#4 6 years ago

I'm in. 2 sets.
Jim

#5 6 years ago

I have no idea what you are trying to communicate to us???? How would those speakers fit a speaker panel grill?? You need to learn how to photoshop my friend.

#6 6 years ago

Will these be protruding from the speaker panel by an inch or so?

#7 6 years ago

I think having Marshall stacks on either side of the LCD screen would be a huge improvement over the big gaping speaker panels and fit the theme of the pin beautifully. It would be nice if you were able to keep the Marshall logo on them.

#8 6 years ago

Something tells me this mod won't work for KISS.

#9 6 years ago

I agree it would not be a fit at all on Kiss. But could work on Aerosmith.

IMG_0261 (resized).JPGIMG_0261 (resized).JPG

#10 6 years ago

I would be in for a set, depending on final price. Would look awesome on Aerosmith..... even better if they were RGB backlit.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Something tells me this mod won't work for KISS.

Sorry about that. Last night was a marathon vid making -editing- posting and I included kiss. Obviously it will not work on a round speaker. Will go back up and adjust above comments.

The thought behind this stack as far as thickness ...top would come out roughly 4mm lower at thickest point 6 to 7mm. The mod is more a framing of the stock grill than a box attached to the grill. I hope that clears up some of the questions.

#12 6 years ago

Given that Aerosmith will not be the last music pin for the new cab style you might get a better deal making more of them for the long haul? What you could do as well instead of putting marshall would be to create insignias that are swappable for each pin. Aerosmith = angel wings

#13 6 years ago

I started working on my own AS speaker grill, as well, way back in February when I was awaiting the arrival of my Pro. Soon as I saw the first photos of AS, I couldn't stand the blandness of the original black grill. So, I designed the one below in stainless steel, found a guy with a water jet laser cutter & as we speak, it's being cut. Can't wait to get it next week! There will be a speaker light kit behind the "Walk This Way" logo & an EL lighting strip behind the row of stars at the bottom.

AS-speakerCover-layout (resized).jpgAS-speakerCover-layout (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

I like the Marshall amp idea.

The speaker grills look like mini amps without the trim and control head and logo.

I'd be in for a set!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I started working on my own AS speaker grill, as well, way back in February when I was awaiting the arrival of my Pro. Soon as I saw the first photos of AS, I couldn't stand the blandness of the original black grill. So, I designed the one below in stainless steel, found a guy with a water jet laser cutter & as we speak, it's being cut. Can't wait to get it next week! There will be a speaker light kit behind the "Walk This Way" logo & an EL lighting strip behind the row of stars at the bottom.

Have you produced any of these yet?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Have you produced any of these yet?

not yet, just the prototype being cut this week.

#17 6 years ago

FINALLY! Some one addressing these ugly ass speaker panels they are using with the LCD. Well done.

6 months later
#19 6 years ago

Curious if there has been any traction on this?

Hooked does some amazing work. Amazing attention to detail and great to work with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-speaker-panel-mod-aerosmith-kiss-and-future-rock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.