• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by timlah79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200608_082806 (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

IMO Whitestar is some of the worst sound in a modern day pinball machine. I have an LotR and it has Whitestar as well. My understanding is the sound is mono, not stereo. The only way to get stereo sound is to upgrade to PinSound but then you would indeed need to remix at least the music, something that I did with every file for LotR, sound quality of all files was poor.

Before I upgraded to PinSound I put in a potentiometer, which is just another name for volume control, it helped to control the noise, there is a thread on pinside that discusses this, search ‘Whitestar potentiometer’ and you will probably find it.

I have played Sopranos and it is a fun game and the sound didn’t really bother me but it wasn’t a game in my lineup, if so, I could imagine being more picky. Good luck.

#4 3 years ago

I searched ‘Whitestar potentiometer’ with no luck, try ‘Whitestar sound issue’

#6 3 years ago

You could probably replace that fluorescent bulb with an LED bulb for about $9, just need to remove the ballast that should just twist out, don’t exactly recall in whitestar but mine is now LED. Individual speaker testing is weird. My understanding of that background music setting is how it plays when call outs are going on as well. Good luck tweaking & enjoy your pin.

#7 3 years ago

Oh, that background music setting MIGHT be dependent on another audio setting, check your manual for like an ‘Auto’ audio setting or something like that.

#8 3 years ago

I just looked over the Sopranos manual, looks like you want that speaker setting to 1 for full volume, 15 is the lowest or off. Those frequency speaker tests appear to be for testing speaker polarity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawknole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sopranos-whitestar-audio-quality-questions?tu=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.