3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I bought a Stern game from a super reputable distributor in early May... At the same time ordered a Stern shaker.

I've had the game for well over a month, but the shaker still hasn't arrived. The distro is saying it still hasn't become available.

Anyone else waiting on a part like this to a Stern game? It's going on 2 months... Seems odd to me that shakers would be OOS for this long...

#2 3 years ago

I always get my shakers from Pinball Life, no delays from them. Don't know if they use the same supplier though.

#3 3 years ago

+1 for Terry at Pinball Life. Always my first stop for parts.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

I always get my shakers from Pinball Life, no delays from them. Don't know if they use the same supplier though.

Quoted from cards25:

+1 for Terry at Pinball Life. Always my first stop for parts.

These are not Stern OE shakers.

Stern shakers use a much more complex harness than the PBL ones. Not saying one is better than the other, just that they are indeed very different

#5 3 years ago

Is there any significant or even marginal difference in the way that they perform? I know this can be subjective, but I can't imagine there would be much diff since it's just a shaker motor, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has tried both in the same game.

#6 3 years ago

I have both and I hate to say the stern one is far superior imho. It feels like it's actually doing something other then shaking the machine. Just my opinion of coarse, although I have couple of each but in different games.
    Stern shaker
    Tfle
    After market
    Met pro
    Twd
    Xmen

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Comparing them in the same game is key though since the programming of how the shaker is used and how much can vary quite a bit from game to game. I have the PBL one exclusively in all my Stern games. It totally rocks in some titles and other titles, not so much.

#8 3 years ago

PBL for the win, walked in and grabbed one from Terry the day after I got my NIB. And the bonus was that Wally was in the back working on "Stuff".

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

These are not Stern OE shakers.
    Stern shakers use a much more complex harness than the PBL ones. Not saying one is better than the other, just that they are indeed very different

And triple the price

#10 3 years ago

We haven't had any issues getting parts from Stern. We get stuff in, even shakers on a regular basis.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

And triple the price

Triple? Difference is $25 for me. No big whoop.

#12 3 years ago

My distributor is waiting for 3 months for coilstops from Stern.. I need one for my Metallica..
    Containers of new games arrived but not all the spare parts he has ordered..

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

My distributor is waiting for 3 months for coilstops from Stern.. I need one for my Metallica..
    Containers of new games arrived but not all the spare parts he has ordered..

Something goofy is up. Stern must be having serious supply chain problems.

1 week later
    #14 3 years ago

Paid for my TWD in March, I'm told the latest date is September.

#16 3 years ago

I'm going on 8 months waiting for my GoT pro........

#17 3 years ago

Got the shaker... Turns out there was some confusion and the distro through the game needed a spike shaker.

Spike shakers are backordered still... SAM shakers are not.

All is cool... We're only human after all and mistakes can happen to the best of us. Would happily do business with this distro again.

Hope everyone gets their games sooner than later.

#18 3 years ago

I actually gave up waiting - cancelled the order with my distributor and paid the extra balance to get a Hobbit instead which they have in stock.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

I actually gave up waiting - cancelled the order with my distributor and paid the extra balance to get a Hobbit instead which they have in stock.

Ironically, Bilbo would not have given up so easily.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

WOW. Talk about turning the table. Who would have thought we'd see a day that a Stern customer gave up waiting and went to buy an in stock JJP game???

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

WOW. Talk about turning the table. Who would have thought we'd see a day that a Stern customer gave up waiting and went to buy an in stock JJP game???

I was thinking the same thing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Vandelay Industries
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 248.85
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 10.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside