Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B06AFD44-E3E4-4DFB-85DE-DA240F2DF4CB (resized).jpeg
    Stern-Showdown-SRT (resized).png
    59F2E20F-420B-4E79-A901-5AD0129CC434 (resized).jpeg
    Bellas (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8090DC11-0E5F-4267-A032-9FA7B363A4E9 (resized).jpeg
    FCB4D5F7-2E34-4ECD-BD35-2D609D0B02F3 (resized).jpeg
    SternShutdown (resized).jpg
    449B3BEC-8846-4475-B29E-5915C1265DF8 (resized).jpeg
    450 Splash.gif
    11803585-9964-4228-8B0A-D52DE85F77A4 (resized).jpeg
    EUnUJcMXYAAvcDl (resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Reveal tomorrow

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1245760036422508546?s=19

Is this the rumored internet connection?

#2 3 years ago

Wilm they be playing TNA with those graphics?

#3 3 years ago

Could it be? An original title?

EUnUJcMXYAAvcDl (resized).jpgEUnUJcMXYAAvcDl (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

Competitive play via WiFi??

#5 3 years ago

I keep seeing "Stern Shutdown." Like, we get it already lol

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

This is my guess too. And going off recent history, it's probably already built into games + coded but will require a monthly subscription fee or something similar. Honestly though if it is head-to-head online play, it's the absolute perfect time to unveil it.

#8 3 years ago

TRON Vault Edition?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from nogoodnames222:

This is my guess too. And going off recent history, it's probably already built into games + coded but will require a monthly subscription fee or something similar. Honestly though if it is head-to-head online play, it's the absolute perfect time to unveil it.

Apparently they already have wifi chips in Spike 2, so this would be super cool.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I keep seeing "Stern Shutdown." Like, we get it already lol

That is what I thought it said :-p

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I bet this is it.

#12 3 years ago

I just hope it’s not the 18 person Deadflip stream he has scheduled for tomorrow night.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Turtles supposedly has this built in.

But they aren't going to release Turtles yet so wonder how they can show off wi-fi gameplay?

And yes, what better time to have head to head wi-fi games.

The time is now Stern!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Turtles supposedly has this built in.
    But they aren't going to release Turtles yet so wonder how they can show off wi-fi gameplay?
    And yes, what better time to have head to head wi-fi games.
    The time is now Stern!

Plot twist, Stern is actually a biogenetics company, and dropped the coronavirus in China to deflect away from them...all towards their evil plan to sell TMNT with online play. Think about it. Everyone is stuck at home. No location pinball to play the new game at. What other option do you have but to buy their latest release and still play with all of your friends in the ultimate social-but-not-social playing experience. /sarc for all the crazy conspiracy theorists out there.

#15 3 years ago

so when is this release? 8pm?

#16 3 years ago
    11803585-9964-4228-8B0A-D52DE85F77A4 (resized).jpeg11803585-9964-4228-8B0A-D52DE85F77A4 (resized).jpeg
    #17 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #19 3 years ago

Well, that's....underwhelming.

#20 3 years ago

#21 3 years ago

No Elvira ?

#22 3 years ago

pretty sure this has been done already *coughH2Hcough* #nocoronacough

#23 3 years ago

Final Four - Batman 66, Simpsons Pinball Party, Metallica, Deadpool

#24 3 years ago

OK so how do we all want to do this? I assume vote the opposite way? Whom do we want in the final 4? Avengers, WWE, ...?

#25 3 years ago
    450 Splash.gif450 Splash.gif
    #27 3 years ago

what if wwe upsets jp?

#28 3 years ago

Unvisited

#29 3 years ago

"Stern Letdown"

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

"Stern Letdown"

The funny thing is, it’s us that hype this up to be bigger :-p we let ourselves down

#32 3 years ago

sigh.....

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

The funny thing is, it’s us that hype this up to be bigger :-p we let ourselves down

It is funny... but given the current state of the world... I mean it's a safe thing to do.

#34 3 years ago

If we all band together I'm pretty sure we can have WWE claim the title

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

It is funny... but given the current state of the world... I mean it's a safe thing to do.

I was not expecting a new game, but a feature on spike for online play. So while this was a safe marketing post, the hype for something new was huge because of us pinball obsessedbut I still wish it was a new feature :-p

#36 3 years ago
    449B3BEC-8846-4475-B29E-5915C1265DF8 (resized).jpeg449B3BEC-8846-4475-B29E-5915C1265DF8 (resized).jpeg
    #37 3 years ago

Spider-Man playfield used as a background picture of the brackets , so I guess that means there is big news coming soon about Spider-Man .

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image]

I have no Facebook, no twitter, then...

#39 3 years ago

Boy, they sure stacked the deck for some of those games. Pretty clear we know whom they want to progress through rounds. I would have hoped they seeded games by random draw but no way JP gets WWE, Deadpool gets AV, AC/DC gets TF, LOTR gets Mustang in first rounds via a random draw.

The only match-up I would be curious about (if people didn't game the system) would be Tron Vs Deadpool and LOTR vs BM66, based off that bracket.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

OK so how do we all want to do this? I assume vote the opposite way? Whom do we want in the final 4? Avengers, WWE, ...?

Munsters and... First bracket is tough for me to pick a turd. I'd say FG is my least fav of the bunch but I don't dislike it.

#41 3 years ago

LOTR vs TWD
    ACDC vs SPIDERMAN
    JP vs MET
    DEADPOOL vs IRON MAIDEN ( I guess as I never played them)

#42 3 years ago

SternShutdown (resized).jpgSternShutdown (resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago

Better than a reveal, this is a real knockout to JJP and others.

#45 3 years ago

So excited.

#46 3 years ago

Jeeze guys...they are just trying to give us something amusing to do. They never promised an earth shattering announcement or reveal. I appreciate their attempt to stay connected and entertain us while unable to produce. They OWE us absolutely nothing.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Jeeze guys...they are just trying to give us something amusing to do. They never promised an earth shattering announcement or reveal. I appreciate their attempt to stay connected and entertain us while unable to produce. They OWE us absolutely nothing.

Some things need a teaser. Some things just need to happen. This does not rise to the level of teasing.

I think being disappointed that the teaser bar has been lowered is reasonable. Not the same as being negative, IMO.

#48 3 years ago

#49 3 years ago

Yeah, I definitely agree that this did not need a teaser. But it's a perfectly fine thing for stern to do, especially now with everyone stuck at home.

Anyway, here's how I'd see this showdown going.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

They OWE us absolutely nothing.

They owe RBION better than a first round with Met...wtf is the broken ass bracket?!?!?!

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-showdown?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.