(Topic ID: 244823)

STERN should think about playing the LONG game!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

38E34250-8687-4DF6-9C17-6CBBAC0D758B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.43.38 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    dougmackenzie01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1660 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1999 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Build quality, right? come on man. Stern is outselling everyone else combined. 3 pins a year and while they are problems ofcourse what manufacturer is making full proof pins right now. doesn't exist and never will.

This...x1000!!!! I'm all for innovation and new machines from new companies, but the BS of Stern being the only one w quality issues is pure horseshit. At least there are actual games, released in multiples, every year to choose from.

The "pie in the sky, best quality games ever, when we finally release them" crap has really, really gotten old. Free pass ( and even defensive posture from owners) for much more serious issues than lack of code is off the charts.

If change, improvement to occur, it's not just Stern that is the root of all evil.

I'm way w Ice for new blood...

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

At this point, Stern is the only manufacturer I would consider for NIB. The games are more fun and they just feel better. Which makes it all the more frustrating to see them go in the direction they have chosen. I like Black Knight, but I am not going to own one because I just can't get past the barren playfield combined with the lacking Black Knight toy. I really wish that instead of the upper playfield on the premium and LE, they spent that extra money on making The Knight awesome.
    Munsters pro was fun the first 50 games I played it, but the code has gotten stale quickly and the mono targets just piss me off. The lower playfield on the premium/LE is atrocious. Would have been nice if it used a full size pinball that traveled back and forth from main to lower playfield. There is something about a trapped pinball that doesn't travel between playfields that makes it no fun. I'm looking at you AC/DC and Congo.
    There are a lot of "what about" posts on this thread that to me are irrelevant. It's like politics. I don't care that the other pinball companies have their problems too. Pointing out their shortcomings is not going to make me overlook Sterns.

If you don't like mini pf's, you won't like Munsters..doesn't matter what it's coded like., or how many targets it has.

If you do, it's one of the best out there...Stern made an effort, imho, and glad they did. A solidly built, fun machine., w a great theme..

Frolic says it best..." Buy what you like".

I'm much more sore at JJP than Stern at the moment, but doesn't rule out a future purchase.

I'll be paying attention to what comes out, and choose what might be best for me. Choice is good

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-should-think-about-playing-the-long-game?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.