(Topic ID: 244823)

STERN should think about playing the LONG game!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

38E34250-8687-4DF6-9C17-6CBBAC0D758B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.43.38 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    dougmackenzie01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1660 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1999 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

I really like Sterns and the ones I have. But after seeing the cheapness of the pins versus what they used to be and getting burned on my last two NIB from them I just can't and won't. On top of the coding issues. I just added a Houdini and love how solid and packed it is. Which definitely has me more interested in Octoberfest these days. I would love to add a MET back in the house but after two bad playfields just on that one I'm just to afraid to try.

#15 4 years ago

I would be happy if they could make a pin that Didn't have bad playfields or cabinets.

#16 4 years ago

Or some vodka and pinside. After all it's five o clock somewhere

IMG_1999 (resized).JPGIMG_1999 (resized).JPG
    #24 4 years ago

I just wish they would work on the quality. A multiple thousand dollar product that doesn't last will be their downfall if people do as I have.

#26 4 years ago

Quality shouldn't be innovative but it would be for Stern.

#28 4 years ago

Very simple but I really like color changing lights like some other companies are using. ST LE is the closest example of this.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I dunno about quality anymore.
    A dirty 24 and new BK pro played through a weekend show just fine.
    The new 12k YBR had issues.
    Let me know when someone figures it out.

It is true that you can read about any machine having some problems and some not. But playfield and cabinets seem to be a problem for one. Toys, boards, switches and stuff are just part of a complex item like pinball.

#34 4 years ago

A pin that would allow you to play against someone somewhere else that owns that same pin. When it's their turn your pin plays in front of you just like they were there minus the crop dusting. Plus it would make for cool videos of pins playing on their own like they were possessed.

#42 4 years ago

Or how about playing against a computer player even. I think Joust was a cool concept and linked NBAFB. Some thing to give a social environment without being social. But worked better than pinside.

#43 4 years ago
    IMG_1660 (resized).PNGIMG_1660 (resized).PNG
    #67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Sorry, dude. That really sucks. What kinds of problems did you have with those playfields?
    I just picked up a NIB Met Prem from the last run. Knock on cheap plywood, it is great—except for some loose back panel nuts which made it impossible to lock the playfield until I finally figured it out. A couple of millimeters can ruin your whole day.

My MET playfield chipped all around the sparky magnet. It took 2 years of constant tries to get it fixed. They sent me a new MET and GB playfield. I swapped them out and traded MET after 25 plays to an arcade. A year later it has a sunken circle around the magnet after a year or less. When your an operator they don't do anything to fix them.

#69 4 years ago

They make affordable games with new shiny catchy themes that get people in the door. But if they fall apart it's to risky for me. At least anything but a playfield is fixable. I'm sure my 14k a year isn't causing any lost sleep.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-should-think-about-playing-the-long-game?tu=buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.