(Topic ID: 244823)

STERN should think about playing the LONG game!

By iceman44

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

38E34250-8687-4DF6-9C17-6CBBAC0D758B (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 9.43.38 AM (resized).png
    IMG_1216 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1220 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1221 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1215 (resized).JPG
    dougmackenzie01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1660 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1999 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silverbak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 4 years ago

Stern went cheap with NBA in 2009. They were bailed out at around that time and continued on their cost saving ways. Their cheapness (build quality, lack of playfield mechanics and ruleset quality) has caught up with them & I don't think their last few titles have sold well

If Deeproot release 10 games at reveal, with different price points, that will be available for years, which have more innovative mechanics (which are cheaper to make) and software that is continually updated for years, they will have my business, its a no brainer

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Let's see if DR actually follows thru on its business plan. It is one thing to state a plan its another thing to follow through over several years. Having run several business's over the years it is hard to keep doing something if you make no additional money at it. Yes the customer always wants more (me included as a customer), but the supplier needs to keep income/revenue coming in the door to pay for the help. When people talk about a companies profits they look at the BOM for the product and add up what they believe it should be and say WOW, look at all the money this suppler is making. What they forget is the money invested in capital equipment, insurance, overheads like HR, advertising, legal, accounting, building costs, electricity, inventory, taxes,IT, etc. that needs to be covered by the sale. Staying in business is all about cash flow. it is a lot harder then people give credit for.
    I hope DR makes it big. Just like I hope Stern?JJP and all the suppliers stay in business.

If DR have 10 pins on the line which continuously improve software wise they can keep churning them out for years. No need to invent a new pin every 3 months (which would cost a lot)

Also look at todays pin mechanics which haven't changed for decades. Flippers fine leave as is but why couldn't a sling just be a small solenoid under the plastic that directly fires at the ball - avoiding all the brackets etc that currently exist and add to costs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silverbak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-should-think-about-playing-the-long-game?tu=Silverbak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.