(Topic ID: 28642)

Stern should fix X-Men code before next pin release

By Cobray

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I go back and forth on that one. There's SO much content in X-Men...there might be some merit to having a few things to really TRY for (aiming intentionally at the targets) ...however, I think those targets should have some purpose during modes.

Good point and I would tend to agree with you, but these are 2 of the 4 multiballs in the game. Half of the game's multiballs are arguably a bit too tough to see on a regular basis.

I think a good compromise is to allow hits to them in modes that are not multiballs.

Also, I really hope they fix the screens for the HF and BH targets. You don't have to tell me each time I hit the targets that I have to "hit the targets to start multiball". Do that once at the start, and then just show a screen showing progression (i.e. like the BH screen with how many hits you have and how many you have left). Basically, change the HF screen to be like the BH one (i.e. showing the number of hits).

#52 11 years ago

First of all,

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If you are referring to me please do not put words in my mouth I never said it was not worth the money. The gameplay, layout, art, and dots are awesome but code needs to be tweaked what is so hard for you to understand about that?

I am not referring to you personally. Some of the posts here seem to put the machine in a bad light..That is all im saying. Also, I am only expressing an opinion, what I say is not the word on pinball.

I did not refer to you, my opinion was stated on the majority of what I read, that is it!

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Good point and I would tend to agree with you, but these are 2 of the 4 multiballs in the game. Half of the game's multiballs are arguably a bit too tough to see on a regular basis.

Actually Wolverine's easiness bothers more than HF/BH's hardness! I wish there was a more interesting and cool way to qualify/start Wolverine's Multiball.

How about this: Instead of bashing Wolverine mindlessly to start Weapon X - Bashing Wolverine starts Wolverine Hurry-Ups...and if you collect a certain amount of Wolvie hurry-ups (3, maybe?) - THEN he's qualified to bash & start Weapon X Multiball!

#55 11 years ago

I do agree with this 100%. Wolverine could be changed for the better for sure.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well, from peraonal experience - It took 2 titles for me to realize not to buy any nib stern until its finished. Do not fall into the distributor hype of feeling like you must buy preorder. Wait 6+ mos after a pin is released before banking a decision on a 6k+ machine. Of the last 3 sterns, ACDC was my best experience, and I followed the 6 mos rule and guess what, no cannon issues, no foggy pf issues, and no software issues.
My advice to the OP and others on the fence of buying nib; be patient. It does help to have a multiple pin lineup; and if your only going to own 1 pin, do not make it brand spanking new, buy a finished pin....it can still be nib, but wait for the guinea pigs to break in the bugs and software issues.
And for what it's worth. TFLE > XMLE in their current software states.

I am TomGWI and I approve this message.

#57 11 years ago

Fight, fight...fight : )

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from BrianR73:

I am not referring to you personally.

Okay fair enough I was the only one I can find on this thread that said it is one of their 'favorite pins' which is why I assumed that. I thought some may also assume the same so I stated my response for clarification no offense intended. I edited your last post into your initial response as there is no reason to busy up the tread with our misunderstanding.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think a good compromise is to allow hits to them in modes that are not multiballs.
Also, I really hope they fix the screens for the HF and BH targets. You don't have to tell me each time I hit the targets that I have to "hit the targets to start multiball". Do that once at the start, and then just show a screen showing progression (i.e. like the BH screen with how many hits you have and how many you have left). Basically, change the HF screen to be like the BH one (i.e. showing the number of hits).

I agree in that there is too much text on some DMD animations displaying what the player needs to do (I.e. magneto lock, HFC, BH).

I'd like to see villains health bar more interactive. For example, shadow king; it's always the same amount of hits to kill him. Doesn't matter if you do combos, or hit the hard shots (rogue/storm), it's always the same.

Also, having to do villain modes over and over makes the game monotonous and repetitive.

Oh, and danger room is broken. Once you get every shot of the mode - there's nothing to do yet the mode continues.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stacking just makes the game more balanced and makes it less of a slog to progress. Once you start a villian, you're trapped in a very difficult and long mode and everything else (except Magneto Multiball) is shut off. Not only that, if you fail - you can't start it again where you left off ...this unbalanced gameplay is making people not like the Villian modes. So - if the Villains required less hits OR had restart progression save AND you could start and play Hero modes while in a Villian...that would make the game more fun, lively, and balanced.
As for other things that need to be (and will be) fixed in the update:
-The ice ramp movement and timing is messed up in various ways
-The ball lock release timing needs settings as steeper games can release more than one ball by accident
-The spinning disc/magnet doesn't perform as intended (it lets the balls go too early at Multiball start rather than holding and spinning them for a good show like Twister)
-Wolverine's magnet isn't always pulsing and grabbing as it should

I love playing XM but if the villians stay this hard, then I would sell and get ACDC premium. If all of above is done this pin will be top 3 Stern for sure.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I love playing XM but if the villians stay this hard, then I would sell and get ACDC premium. If all of above is done this pin will be top 3 Stern for sure.

I'm pretty sure we'll see it fixed in the way we're hoping for...the guys at Stern have heard our suggestions and pleas and have the time to implement these changes. We're not asking them to start from scratch...just balance what's there and tweak a bit. Easier villains or progression save + Hero/Villain stacking seems like an easy change that would enhance the fun factor by tons.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Can't help but think this, as I am a big stern fan but the lack of polishing the code on X-Men at this point has me NOT wanting to take a risk on the next pin they put out (Avengers?). If I decided to sell my Limited # X-men right now, I'd certainly take a good financial loss on the game, and I'd argue it's because the code sucks right now. Sure, you should't expect to be able to sell a NIB game for the same price as you bought it, but with such a limited amount of LE's out there, if the code was good, the value of my game would be greater. And there's no reason the code shouldn't be better at this time, IMO.

I think Borg did a very good job on the layout of the machine, but the Code is severely lacking and the inability to stack modes is just frustrating (just for starters). Some of the voices and callouts are just horrible also. This game has SO MUCH potential. When will this be improved?

So on to my statement about Stern finishing up X-men before the next release... it would help gain confidence in the product and create a stronger product and sales. As of now, I'm just not confident Stern cares about releasing a game with decent code or finishing up that code in a timely and reasonable manner... and it's all on the consumer (me) who's shelling out $6K+ to just accept it.

While I'm a sucker because I love this hobby and I tend to get caught up in the hype and the feeling of having the newest title, I honestly think I won't have much of a problem keeping my wallet in my pocket for a while.

Bring on the "powerpacks", or what the hell ever you want to call them, I'm ready. I'd like Stern to show me they are committed to a quality product and not just flooding the market with hype and half-ass coded games.

Flame suit on.

Why should they when they have great customers like yourself.....
Now your going to come on the group and cry about it??? see your post in the below link
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-another-xm-thread-had-to-you-see-the-problem-is

Stern will keep doing what they are doing, I am surprised they are doing another update, they gave out a major code update to quiet the masses down already; just enough to get people to forgive and forget.

thanks for the positive post!
Scott
Detroit Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-should-fix-x-men-code-before-next-pin-release/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.