Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by maldoror
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fotolia_5697547_XS.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

I agree the pro/premium model is the way to go.

When I see a new stern in the wild, it is almost always a Pro. They're out there and if collectors could get over the 'keeping up with the Joneses' they would find they're plenty fun to play. I've never met a non-pinhead who said, "this just feels like it's missing something" or anything to that effect.

The forums don't paint a complete picture. Non-hobbyist ops around here are rare.

As for LEs, the more of a 'line outside the club' mentality stern can create, the better for them.

#9 11 years ago

I actually think being able to customize your game in different ways would be great. For example, we have people who can't have a female on the game or any sort of adult theme. Yet what if there was an optional, edgy translite made for every game? The apron is another spot that could easily be customized - the rule card and pricing sheet areas are basically wasted in home collections.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

First time ever consumers want FEWER choices?
    Why?

It's not the choices part that bothers them. It's their perception they're getting less of a game if one is lower priced than the other. For some people it's not possible to have fun if they're playing the pro. I sort of pity of them - IM, Tron Pro and ACDC Pro are fantastic games on their own.

What they really want is what's included in the premium at a pro price, and as someone already pointed out, no matter how many posts they complain about it, it ain't ever gonna happen.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Heck....I paid extra for the AC/DC premium just so I would not have to look at that sick looking Angus mug on the playfield. No way would I buy a machine that would give me such a view. I'd rather see my ex-wife's ugly ass on a game than that face.
    Lesson learned for Stern is even though there are lots of features people want to see on a game, there are some things we do NOT want to see.

Regardless, everything that makes ACDC premium a frenetic good time is, if anything, amplified on the pro. You just get no breaks playing it. It's super fast. It's sort of like IM but with deeper rules.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-should-build-a-super-limited-model-next-maybe-a-super-super-le-too?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.