(Topic ID: 240067)

Stern Shooter rod location (Iron Maiden)

By 85vett

43 days ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190405_171506 (resized).jpg
    20190405_171535 (resized).jpg

#1 43 days ago

Posting this outside of the many Iron Maiden threads as I'm thinking this could be something that is non-specific to the game. In setting up my NIB Premium I have been unable to get the plunger to get enough power to even make it to the top of the upper left loop. I've changed springs and that hasn't helped. After doing that I noticed that the ball is sitting about 1 to 1.5 inches in front of where the tip of the shooter rod is at rest. Thus when you fully plunge you are barely even hitting the ball thus why none of the springs are making a difference. Anyone else experience this? I didn't even know the length their was adjustable so I'm wondering if my shooter rod is to short or if something else may be wrong.

#2 43 days ago

Your tip in resting position should be just a hair away of touching the ball.

Is your auto launch stuck in a forward position maybe?

If its original i doubt the rod is too short.

#3 43 days ago

Auto launcher is going back to rest fine and is working as designed. It's just odd as I thought the same but this game it's every bit of an inch behind the ball. I'll try to get a picture tonight and post it.

The game is brand new as I just opened it. I thought that the playfield was sitting to far into the cab but looking at the PF latches that go into the lock bar they look correct. It's the oddest thing.

#4 43 days ago

Spring on the outside too big maybe? You probably would have noticed if that shooter rod were sitting an inch farther out.

#5 43 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Spring on the outside too big maybe? You probably would have noticed if that shooter rod were sitting an inch farther out.

Yeah, I swapped it with another I had thinking that may be the case but no luck. It was a spare I bought though so I'll measure it with one on a good game to double check as they could both be wrong. I didn't notice anything out of the normal though.

I've spent a good 6 hours setting up this game (even worse out of the box than my avengers was) and this is the last thing. Sad to say a shooter rod is beating me For instance, a full plunge with the stock orange spring takes the ball about half the way up the left orbit. I put a purple one in (strongest I had on hand) and it makes it to the top of the orbit but not enough to fall the the upper left flipper. A standard spring at full plunge almost hits the normal skill shot

Good news though is Brandon is coming to help move my games tomm, so I can finally have my arcade back again

#6 43 days ago

check the launch lane switch to make sure it's not too high and hanging the ball up, not allowing it to roll all the way to the bottom of the lane.

#7 43 days ago

All the new sterns have the plunger sit back far from the ball. I’ve recently checked Munsters GOTG and SW and all have the plunger about an inch behind the ball.

#8 43 days ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

check the launch lane switch to make sure it's not too high and hanging the ball up, not allowing it to roll all the way to the bottom of the lane.

It's sitting on the auto launch mech. So it is fully back.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the new sterns have the plunger sit back far from the ball. I’ve recently checked Munsters GOTG and SW and all have the plunger about an inch behind the ball.

That's interesting and I guess good to hear that it's not an issue with my PF and how it sits in the cab. I wonder how I can adjust the throw though so it hits the ball harder.

#9 43 days ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

It's sitting on the auto launch mech. So it is fully back.

That's interesting and I guess good to hear that it's not an issue with my PF and how it sits in the cab. I wonder how I can adjust the throw though so it hits the ball harder.

Maybe make sure the rod is hitting the ball directly in the center. Push it forward with you hand to see where it’s striking the ball.

#10 43 days ago

Centered pretty but not perfect. This pic is with the plunger pushed in as far as I can get it which is further than it compresses on a full plunge. Just barely makes contact.

20190405_171535 (resized).jpg
    #11 43 days ago

This is at rest.

20190405_171506 (resized).jpg
    #12 43 days ago

Yeah that’s definitely not right.

1 week later
    #13 36 days ago

Just incase anyone runs across this. I got it working. I had to remove the washer from the exterior spring as well as having to expand the slots in the PF brackets so that I could move the PF slightly closer to the lock bar. Works great now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    € 9.10
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside