8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ts4z
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 8 years ago

Looking for a method to remove the two bronze bushings out of the shooter rod housing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Just buy a whole new housing.......

#3 8 years ago

Arbor press?

#4 8 years ago

I am installing a lighted shooter rod and in order for it to work the bronze bushing needs to be removed. I tried to tape it out with various tools and ended up ruining the housing in the vise. So I have ordered a new one to try again.

#5 8 years ago

If they are press fit in, you may not be able to get them out.

LTG : )™

#6 8 years ago

The good news is, I can get them out with a punch and some hammering. (Get a fairly big punch and go at an angle; once you've moved the bushing a little you can pry it.)

The bad news is, I can't get the new ones in without deforming them slightly, and once they're deformed I can't get the shooter rods back in. I've tried a hammer and an arbor press.

I finally emailed Stern and they suggested just replacing the housing. It's not that expensive; it's too bad that they're garbage.

The next time I have to mess with one I'm going to try and figure out if there's a way to use a Williams sleeve and some tape to improve it, because even $30 in new parts go bad in light use in a year or two.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-shooter-rod-bushing-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.