(Topic ID: 297059)

Stern shooter lanes now look wacky

By whoknowsgoi

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a82e8355915bf71ac2938d626a13bc085ea4bce6 (resized).jpg
    391A761E-B0FA-439A-BF8B-5A581C521A0D (resized).jpeg
    4CC8E488-717B-4811-8897-E12FA4B2BF27 (resized).jpeg
    4D69228E-F271-4F9E-96C2-3647CA44410C (resized).jpeg
    ABA42E81-4975-4AEE-A511-3237BFF6CA70 (resized).jpeg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I need attention!!!! Something is different on my game! I still love pinball!!!

#52 3 years ago

I got a nice little knot in mine that the ball has actually come to rest on in my shooter lane. Added a lane protector but still..

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Then you know shooter lane pics were always requested on for-sale ads, even back in the RGP days

i love how this forum loves to throw around references to how things were on RGP. for some of the old-timers, it’s like the gauge of normalcy, and historical marker for rational thought and precedent for how people can behave when they have less at their disposal.

that place was the same shit show, and possibly more so cuz there was far fewer guys to dilute the crap, and keep the few troublemakers in-check.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

One thing that I will point out is that the OP’s pic shows a slight indentation where the ball kicks out in the shooter lane on the right side. Looks like a Mando as the pin.
    I had a same issue happening real quick after unboxing a TMNT pro. The factory eject power is stupid high. I have that down to like 20% or something now… plus Cliffies to boot. No need to have the shooter eject power up that high in a home setting unless you want your shooter lane to look like a 30yr old game after a month.

Cliffy has a Mando (2 piece) shooter lane ball eject protector for sale.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i love how this forum loves to throw around references to how things were on RGP. for some of the old-timers, it’s like the gauge of normalcy, and historical marker for rational thought and precedent for how people can behave when they have less at their disposal.
    that place was the same shit show, and possibly more so cuz there was far fewer guys to dilute the crap, and keep the few troublemakers in-check.

LOL...RGP should not be the benchmark for anything! Shit show indeed, LOL. Same crap, different era.

That said, I love a cool looking grain in a shooter lane. I'd love to see more views of the crazy one posted above!

I love the grain in my Avengers (2012). My X-Men looks almost the same. Seems like you see less of this in newer machines.

391A761E-B0FA-439A-BF8B-5A581C521A0D (resized).jpeg391A761E-B0FA-439A-BF8B-5A581C521A0D (resized).jpeg
    #56 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Its a different thing...

Back in the day the games you could get were off route and got beat up so it made more sense to worry about wear and to fine tooth comb over used games.

Now you have guys getting brand new games and obsessing over wear and decking them out to survive 1000s of plays....

Reality is they will probably play 100 games and sell it so they can buy the next one and do it again.

#57 3 years ago

I swear to Jobo I spent a solid 10 years slugging it out in the trenches in RGP and I never heard a goddamn whiff about a fuckin' shooter lane!!!! And that's the way we liked it!!!

Back then, we were too worried about the fact that some lunatics were blowing up the market by spending close to $3K on games like Addams Family to care about shit like "shooter lane wear."

I sold probably 100 games between 2002-2011 and I never remember anybody asking for "shooter lane pics." I also remember getting slightly annoyed when someone asked me if the boards had "matching serial numbers" which just seemed like the dumbest question ever. I was like, I'm not sure, they all work and they look clean, but if you want I can track down the broken old shitty board that was taken out 10 years ago and swap it back in for ya!!!! WILL THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?!?!?!

RGP FOR LIFE!!!

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Why would Cliffy sell so many protectors if people did not care about the condition of their games? I swear this place sometimes is a losing battle where things only matter when buying.

I could compare it to a certain other thing that has very striking similarities, but that's against the rules, so I won't.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I spent a solid 10 years slugging it out in the trenches in RGP

Well...that explains a lot about your posting style.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wonder why it's set so high from the factory.

So that it never fails to kick out on location.

#60 3 years ago

I can't wait when this game hits the marketplace if it ever does.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

I can't wait when this game hits the marketplace if it ever does.

People will demand $4,000 to be knocked off the price because the shooter lane's wood grain isn't photogenic enough.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

People will demand $4,000 to be knocked off the price because the shooter lane's wood grain isn't photogenic enough.

Hell have to send it to a world class restoration expert...if only we had one around!

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from ctl723:

What game is that?

JJP PoTC

#64 3 years ago

Oh no, we got us a shooterlane-gate.

#65 3 years ago

Go back and look at a tron or an older acdc, the Good Hard playfields all had this dark band running through them ...when I see this color change , im happy . Just like this previous post

a82e8355915bf71ac2938d626a13bc085ea4bce6 (resized).jpga82e8355915bf71ac2938d626a13bc085ea4bce6 (resized).jpg
    #66 3 years ago

Picky is the new norm with ppl who didn't grow up in arcades. These machines should take a beating. That's what they're built for. No one wants to buy home versions, yet most are terrified their industrial machines will get scratched.

The most routed, cheapest Sterns still have shooter lanes that look fine and function 100%.

It's like the crazy kids who clean their shoes after each wear. Pffft. Damn kids!!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.