4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pipes
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I have a shaker in my Tron, and I recently dropped a Red Tremor in my Walking Dead. The Red Tremor packs more punch than the standard Rev B shaker, but you can't lose with either.

I have a Stern one in Tron (love it) and a Red Tremor in IM... Call me crazy but I prefer the Stern one. The Red Tremor shakes the game too much. I know IM has some of the best shaker integration, but I wish there was a way to tone it down a bit. I had thought the Cointaker one came with adjustments to be lighter, but that must have only been on a earlier revision, because mine didn't have the holes for that.

Yeah, I might actually replace the Red Tremor with a lighter one. But that is just me.

#52 4 years ago

It's worth it just to see a first-timer on a HUO machine when the shaker goes off. I had one guy literally pull his hands off the machine as if he'd been shocked. That's worth the price of admission alone.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have a Stern one in Tron (love it) and a Red Tremor in IM... Call me crazy but I prefer the Stern one. The Red Tremor shakes the game too much. I know IM has some of the best shaker integration, but I wish there was a way to tone it down a bit. I had thought the Cointaker one came with adjustments to be lighter, but that must have only been on a earlier revision, because mine didn't have the holes for that.
Yeah, I might actually replace the Red Tremor with a lighter one. But that is just me.

Red tremor shook my AC/DC too hard which made the glass rattle. I think the Stern shaker feels much better because it's like a low rumble that is more pleasant.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Red tremor shook my AC/DC too hard which made the glass rattle. I think the Stern shaker feels much better because it's like a low rumble that is more pleasant.

Sounds like you could use some anti-rattle tape!

#55 4 years ago

Is there code for shakers in X-Men? I assume yes, but you know what they say about assumptions...

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sounds like you could use some anti-rattle tape!

Do you mean electrical tape

#59 4 years ago

So, is the message here that one should remove this 100uF capacitor installed between the blue wire and the motor frame on these aftermarket motors?

I've got to believe the suppliers of them have tried this. Has any of of them reported anything, even if only verbally?

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

So, is the message here that one should remove this 100uF capacitor installed between the blue wire and the motor frame on these aftermarket motors?
I've got to believe the suppliers of them have tried this. Has any of of them reported anything, even if only verbally?

That's not the message from Stern, but yeah, that's what you do - just remove that cap.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-warning-post-shaker-motors

#61 4 years ago

I know, a lot of people hate this game, but it's my first machine. So I gotta ask. Any way to find out if these are supported on Rollercoaster Tycoon? I'm using a 100-watt Eclipse sub beneath the machine, so I already get a pretty good rumble, but now that everyone is talking about it, I might just need one. Thanks!

#62 4 years ago

A must for IM. TFTC has one and it is a nice touch. I just installed one in ST pro and I am very happy with it. I think a external subwoofer brings more to the game, but they go perfect together.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I know, a lot of people hate this game, but it's my first machine. So I gotta ask. Any way to find out if these are supported on Rollercoaster Tycoon? I'm using a 100-watt Eclipse sub beneath the machine, so I already get a pretty good rumble, but now that everyone is talking about it, I might just need one. Thanks!

Alpine used to make subs they called the "sub engine series" basically they were a sub , with a shaker motor built into them. the shaker would kick in on higher frequency's the sub would be playing. kinda neat, never caught on, but would be perfect in a game that didn't support a shaker install.

#64 4 years ago

http://www.baudline.com/erik/bass/tactile_report.html

here's a good read up on them, the acura model is the alpine version.

1 year later
#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

A must for IM. TFTC has one and it is a nice touch. I just installed one in ST pro and I am very happy with it. I think a external subwoofer brings more to the game, but they go perfect together.

Did you have pre drilled holes in your star trek pro?

#66 2 years ago

100% worth it. Don't even waste your time debating it.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

100% worth it. Don't even waste your time debating it.

Haha thanks pipes.I just picked onew up tonight but haven't got in the cab yet. Was yours a pro and was it pre drilled?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Haha thanks pipes.I just picked onew up tonight but haven't got in the cab yet. Was yours a pro and was it pre drilled?

I have a premium which was pre-drilled. My Ghostbusters pro was pre-drilled as well. I would assume the ST pro is as well but I can't confirm that.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I have a premium which was pre-drilled. My Ghostbusters pro was pre-drilled as well. I would assume the ST pro is as well but I can't confirm that.

Where in the cab do they go? Is it near the coin door

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

Where in the cab do they go? Is it near the coin door

Yup. Right below the flipper button, maybe 3 - 4 inches from the front of the cab.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside