Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mando
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Rev B is for SAM/Whitestar and rev C is for Spike. They are not interchangeable due to a grounding capacitor being on the former and not on the latter.
    Rev B includes the interface board that is required for installation in SAM/ Whitestar machines. Rev C does not require the board as it plugs directly into a node board already in SPIKE machines.

Great sale you're running right now. Thanks!

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

So the stern ones don't have that adjustment bolt? I like that bolt as it lessens rattle, unless the newer stern ones do a better job of this?

The GOT pro on location near me that has a shaker and I don't notice any rattle at all.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Yea you wouldn't notice it in a noisy environment, but in a home for sure. When I crank that bolt down it goes away. But of course they may have changed things to make it better.

I hear ya I guess I've heard rattle on other games and it's pretty noticeable even in a basement full of games being played.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from sparechange1974:

I'm thankful for sale and that I was able to grab a couple. I have to admit, I was under the impression these were Stern shaker motors as that is how they seem to be advertised. Can anyone verify they are not "factory". I've bought some before for Sam games and never had issue and guess never thought too much about it, but the warning from Stern seems a bit scary. Has anyone had or seen this issue?
    http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-184-third-party-shaker-motors/Stern-SB184.pdf

That is in reference to the cointaker motors I believe. The ones that PL sells are Stern if I understand correctly.

#22 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I guess I'll double check mine doesn't have the cap on it.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Crap, I looked and none are on the website...

I think they immediately sold out after I posted a thread about the sale haha.

They are very well integrated into GOT. gotta get one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-shaker-motor-1?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.