Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CC2EAA31-C05F-4056-9A02-0ED695EA3A89 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

Do you adjust your settings for replay or special awards?
    If so, what is your flavor?
    Chime in for any other adjustments your prefer as well!

CC2EAA31-C05F-4056-9A02-0ED695EA3A89 (resized).jpegCC2EAA31-C05F-4056-9A02-0ED695EA3A89 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

Depends on the game, usually extra ball. If its in house on free play?? what good is a replay/credit award?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Depends on the game, usually extra ball. If its in house on free play?? what good is a replay/credit award?

I’m curious about house rules. Ive been torn between points or extra ball. You are right, probably depends on game!

#4 3 years ago

I leave at factory settings except I do set to free play

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I like hearing knock for free games, even on free play. Otherwise you get 5 xtra balls per game, which I know you can adjust

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like hearing knock for free games, even on free play. Otherwise you get 5 xtra balls per game, which I know you can adjust

I wasn't paying enough attention :roll:Yeah this thread title says "Stern" games

#7 3 years ago

Stock or extra ball limit.

#8 3 years ago

On my Aerosmith (Pro) it's replay award=extra ball* and special award=points. Free play of course.

(* - I have one of the gameplay extra balls disabled to balance it out -- the "dead shot" one in this particular pin.)

#9 3 years ago

for our personal home games:
    extra balls= none/points (pends code)
    special = points
    ball saves= none
    settings - difficult/tournament
    and of course
    tight tilt, back legs jacked way up, out lane posts pulled out completely or at least up all the way..

#10 3 years ago

"Backbox brightness while ball in play" turned down to 15 - 20%. Gets rid of unwanted glare

#11 3 years ago

Set free play
    Shut off the annoying knocker

#12 3 years ago

I leave Replay and Special on Credit for modern Sterns. I used to set them to Extra Ball. But as I got better at pinball, I started to feel like that Extra Ball was too much. There are already a lot of ways to earn Extra Balls in Stern games.

#13 3 years ago

Extra ball because you deserve something for getting what you would normally get a free game out of.

Special set for points

No annoying knocker screeching

No tutorial

Free play

Coin door ball save on

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

"Backbox brightness while ball in play" turned down to 15 - 20%. Gets rid of unwanted glare

Nice. I’m going to try that one!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Yes set it low, factory setting is way to bright. Or look for ZZ Top And go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

for our personal home games:
    extra balls= none/points (pends code)
    special = points
    ball saves= none
    settings - difficult/tournament
    and of course
    tight tilt, back legs jacked way up, out lane posts pulled out completely or at least up all the way..

And turn off the ability to restart!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.