• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just finished rebuilding the rectifier board in my Seawitch project pin-
Rigged up a 10-pin Molex plug to a 120V power cord & tested output voltages. First try I immediately smoked the 3A fuse.. I had a fast blow fuse in there & it was supposed to be slow blow. Replaced the fuse & all was good (so far).

Test points read:
TP1 = 9.59VDC (should be 4.6 to 6.2VDC)
TP2 = 186.2VDC (should be 203 to 257VDC)
TP3 = 14.59VDC (should be 10.to 13.3VDC)
TP4 = 7.46VAC (should be 6.4 to 8.2VAC)
TP5 = 46.1VDC (Should be 47.6 to 48.4VDC - from Clay's old guide, I think this is a misprint in range, median should be 43VDC)

TP1 & TP3 read a bit high - & TP2 looks low. Anyone have any opinions before I plug this into my game?

#2 6 years ago

TP1 - Feature lamps only loaded by one resistor on the power board You can make sure this resistor is in spec (25 ohms i think). Othrewise you are fine.
TP2 - Normal when unloaded. Notice how there is a resistor in series with this test point.
TP3 - Normal, if anything low. This should read high unloaded.
TP4 - normal
TP5 - normal... other power resistor, 600 ohm i think. Can check it to be in spec.

Your are safe to plug in the driver board top right plug and then check voltages there.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

TP1 - Feature lamps only loaded by one resistor on the power board You can make sure this resistor is in spec (25 ohms i think). Othrewise you are fine.
TP2 - Normal when unloaded. Notice how there is a resistor in series with this test point.
TP3 - Normal, if anything low. This should read high unloaded.
TP4 - normal
TP5 - normal... other power resistor, 600 ohm i think. Can check it to be in spec.
Your are safe to plug in the driver board top right plug and then check voltages there.

You da man. Thanks for your reply on this, the board was pretty choggered up before I started & I'm a little nervous about it. Had to do some creative jumpering and what not....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-seawitch-rectifier-board-voltages and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.