8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am trying to bring back a SDU 100, HV section will only go up to 120volts. good 220 going in. I had put in all 3 new transistors. Caps look new. diodes checked out, put another VR in, it still hangs tight at 120v andwon't light the displays. should I just replace all the HV section? kind of stuck at the Moment, don't really need it but would like to have it as a spare.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

In my XP, low but adjustable high voltage is usually the zener diode.
    Since you replaced that, how about c26 filter cap?

I only pulled one end of the Diodes to check them, I will change the zener out and see what happens.
    the VR does adjust the voltage just max's out at 120volts

#6 8 years ago

Got it, Andrew, you were right, Sure do appreciate your help, temporarily stole the VR1 out of a working board and got this board working again! got some 1N5275's on order, Sure is great to
    see a board come alive again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 80spit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sdu-100-hv-issue?tu=80spit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.