Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a Hot Hand which the SB 100 sound board works perfectly for 45 min to an hour then suddenly mutes the amps.
I can turn it off, wait 15 minutes and all is fine again. Then just repeats muting after and hour being on.
For some reason pin 1 on the LM380's is going low.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this. I have recapped the board and installed a new 2n3904 at Q6 and 2 new LM380 amps.
It is a revision C1 board and its muting ciircuit is different than schematic. It does not use pin 25 from cpu reset signal.
I can't seem to find a up to date schematic for the C1 muting circuit.

#2 5 years ago

Have a look at Service Bulletin #11 in the Stern Parts Catalog (1979):

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Parts_Catalogs

The rev C-1 SB100 boards have the modification in the service bulletin, minus the extra capacitor.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Quench, but I already have that revision done at factory. I have a C1 board.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from WiZaRd15425:

For some reason pin 1 on the LM380's is going low.

Pin 1 on the LM380's should sit around 7 volts under normal operation from memory.

What's happening to the logic level of output pin 6 of U6 when the problem occurs?

Do your LM380's still have the copper heatsinks or has someone removed/lost them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-sb100-sound-board-muting-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.