13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by mbelofsky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F810A3E7-035B-41DB-AC6B-5F7486964DE5 (resized).jpeg

#1 13 days ago

I posted this under X-Men but wanted to Post to a wider audience.

I turned on the game and got no video (using Color DMD) and no topper. Both using the front 12 volt connection. (And no backbox LEDs.)

I checked the fuses and F12 and F13 for the audio were not lit. I checked the fuses. Both good.

Lifted the playfield to look at the transformer and wires. Looked good. Turned on the game. Didn't work. Pressed in a connector at the bottom leading out of the transformer (either the large one coming out of the back or the one from the back with blue wires). I heard a click. Topper (from Tilttopper) lit then the color dmd came on and showed the message below. (Backbox LEDs too) Never seen this before.

I turned off the game and turned it back on. It seems to work. I played at game. At the end, I heard a click and the color dmd and topper went off. Heard a hum. Then it came back on. This is disconcerting.

I just unplugged the topper to put less stress on the 12 volt and will try. But want to post to see if anyone has seen this.

I unplugged the topper and the game ended normally the next time. (The only other difference was I got a high score when the issue happened and added my initials and the knocker coil fired. so will need to test this condition as well.)

I played a few more games. Turned off the game. Then a few minutes later turned on. It didn’t light up display or backbox LEDs and hummed. After a few seconds it clicked and display and back box LEDs came on with same message as below. Turned off and on and works fine now.
    F810A3E7-035B-41DB-AC6B-5F7486964DE5 (resized).jpeg

#2 12 days ago

Here is the same video I posted in the X-men forum of the game not initially turning on the 12 volt circuit.

Note that the LEDs below F12 and F13 are dim compared to the other LEDs. These are at the right side of the 4 that are in the middle of the board. After a few seconds, the 12 volt kicks in and the display turns on and the LEDs in the backbone turn on (the topper is currently disconnected).
    I disconnected the back box LEDs and this happened again twice.

#3 11 days ago
    Quoted from mbelofsky:

Here is the same video I posted in the X-men forum of the game not initially turning on the 12 volt circuit.

I ensured all the connectors leading out of the transformer were well connected. I unconnected them and reconnected. I ensured J16 where the power comes in to the IO board and J17 where the power goes out were also connected snuggly.

So far the issue has not repeated so hopefully this was the problem. I reconnected the Flipper Fidelity back-box LEDs and the Tilt Topper topper and the game continues to boot correctly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 137.00
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 999.00
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside