You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_3186559388275299 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20220701_083808 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

When I start a game on my Stern's rawhide the ball kick-out doesn't activate, it triggers the out hole relay, puts it on ball 2, then kicks out the ball and plays normally. Why would it not be kicking out for ball 1 ? The schematic makes it look like the out hole relay fires the kickout, but that doesn't fire at the start of a new game.

I expect something needs cleaning or adjustment on the scoring motor.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

#2 1 year ago

What's the Ball Index relay doing when this happens?

#3 1 year ago

First of all Howard, thank you for helping with this same machine previously.

I dont know the name of this trigger, but the ball index relay engages after this is rolled over(it chatters, like a low buzzing), it remains engaged until each ball drains.

With the current issue, it does absolutely nothing.

(It is normal not to do anything until that thing in the picture is rolled over, with this machine, anyway)

20220701_083808 (resized).jpg20220701_083808 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHammer:

the ball index relay engages after this is rolled over(it chatters, like a low buzzing), it remains engaged until each ball drains.

That's how it should work.

I understand your game's problem to be that it resets correctly to ball 1, and then advances to ball 2 before kicking the ball over to the shooter lane. If that's what's happening, this switch on the Ball Index relay should prevent that. Is it adjusted correctly?

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 1 year ago

Howard , Thank you! It was the ball index relay. The normally Open contact was touching.
A simple minor adjustment corrected this issue.

While I'm finishing this machine up, please
See picture. I know this misalignment of score reels has to do with the metal teeth that slide into the tracks of the housing, but does anyone know more specifically how these adjustments are made?

Thank you in advance.

received_3186559388275299 (resized).jpegreceived_3186559388275299 (resized).jpeg
#6 1 year ago

Maybe one of the other 23 Stern Rawhide owners can help
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rawhide-stern/owners

#7 1 year ago

That's great. Thank you HowardR !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-rawhide-start-up-issue?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.