Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243158951_836639187055880_1111407005989233472_n (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210827_183312406 (resized).jpg
    a7a07a5879a72dc8749ba777f7db4e9eecf5832c (resized).jpg
    6926E45F-8E59-4554-B39E-55EA9EBFF5CA (resized).jpeg
    FB55DE01-DBD2-475D-91C4-F015F7B814FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 2 years ago

It would have to be something real special to get me to buy any pin now a days. Used or new. Its out of control, not a matter of lack of funds but theres a point where it makes u feel ridiculous and up here ur gonna be looking at 9K plus for a Pro.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ll never understand why we constantly need new threads and posts from people who are announcing they are out of the nib game.

I'll never understand why people who think certain kinds of threads are tedious continue to post in them. What do u care? just drain the thread and move on. Seems to me maybe u don't like them cause ur forced to think about the ridiculous pricing.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Most times you Make money on resale. If you can’t worst case afford to lose $300 over a few years this likely Isn’t the right hobby for you.

Most times? Crappola

So because u can recoup most of ur money its fine to spend more than u really want to? The OG post never even mentioned resale so not sure what the point of that was, theres a cap some people have with certain items and eventually it becomes unworthy of the investment. I like pinball but 9K for a Stern Pro regardless of resale has me out of the game.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I don’t drain threads, only pussies with issues do.

What?

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah most people just throw a pinball machine away when they are done with it. Makes total sense resale of ownership has no value. Umph

I never said that. I was eluding to the fact that just because u can recoup ur money with a reasonable loss even doesn't mean there isn't a point where it becomes overpriced.

Nice try.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm going to pay $9000 grand, and watch the playfield turn into an impressionist painting?
    Oh no.
    My TNA is also gorgeous after 3 years.

For $9,000,000 I agree that PF better be bullet proof.

TNA looks great cause the ball has no real path to be launched in the air. Its a flat new style modern EM.

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

RnM looks great also……what’s the new theory?

RnM is a good game but that's strictly due to code. Again not very much going on there to cause dimples.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-price-increases-may-be-pushing-me-out-of-this-hobby?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.