Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243158951_836639187055880_1111407005989233472_n (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210827_183312406 (resized).jpg
    a7a07a5879a72dc8749ba777f7db4e9eecf5832c (resized).jpg
    6926E45F-8E59-4554-B39E-55EA9EBFF5CA (resized).jpeg
    FB55DE01-DBD2-475D-91C4-F015F7B814FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 2 years ago

I'll never understand why people continue to blame Stern and get angry at them for rising prices when they are, always have been, and apparently always will be the cheapest full-size commercial pinball machines available.

Why not get mad at the other 6 pinball companies, which all charge higher money for their cheapest games? Aren't they more responsible for pushing you out of the hobby by continually raising the ceiling?

#177 2 years ago

Somebody needs to say it...

Is the bubble about to burst?!?!

All of the signs are there: unprecedented demand...backlog for manufacturers...more people entering the hobby daily...

Doesn't look good folks!!!

#196 2 years ago

I still don’t understand why people keep bitching about Stern as if it’s their fault prices are rising.

Is it because they set the floor and not the ceiling?

Every other manufacturer has higher entry level prices than Stern, yet you never hear anybody bitching about $9,000 spooky games or $6500 Houdinis.

What gives? In 10 years of people whining about Stern’s price increase, Nobody has even tried to explain this to me. And I ask every time!!

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Spooky entry level is 7k, not 9k.

So higher than Stern, like every other company, correct?

My exact figures are for entertainment purposes only.

The question remains: why does Stern elicit and absorb the wrath of the spurned budget conscious collector while the other companies seem to escape such attention while being priced higher?

Anybody interested in taking a swing at this one?

Anyone?

It’s not a gotcha question or a trap; I wanna know!

#296 2 years ago

Stern sells the cheapest pinball machines in the industry and a stern Pro remains the best value in the industry by far.

I’ll just continue to remind the OP of this once a page.

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I didn't buy my first NIB game until I was 43 (LOTR). Don't be frustrated...one day it will happen.

46 here.

Somehow I managed to enjoy this hobby for 20 years without buying a new game.

1 week later
    #368 2 years ago

Holy shit!!!!!

Stern’s price increases claim another one!

RIP Jorant

Who wil we turn to for thought-provoking content now?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-price-increases-may-be-pushing-me-out-of-this-hobby?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.