Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243158951_836639187055880_1111407005989233472_n (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210827_183312406 (resized).jpg
    a7a07a5879a72dc8749ba777f7db4e9eecf5832c (resized).jpg
    6926E45F-8E59-4554-B39E-55EA9EBFF5CA (resized).jpeg
    FB55DE01-DBD2-475D-91C4-F015F7B814FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 2 years ago

Any official word on just what the Price increase is?

I'm not sure that business as usual is possible in this inflated market. Inflation is here.

The problem is.... ROI is going be tough to realize. Lot of operators are already running on
    razor thin margins in some marketplaces.

From a home collector / enthusiast standpoint. I know my Pinball budget for 2021 is
    already feeling the pinch from the last increases. I count myself blessed but 2020/2021 was
    a hard year for many.

2 weeks later
    #336 2 years ago

Lot's of good points.
    When this hobby first started I didn't care about any NIB machines. Wouldn't of even considered one.
    I was happy with acquiring the Williams WPC95 games. Over time I was able to build up a collection
    that allowed me to keep current with a small investment on my part. In away that still holds true.

From a Routing standpoint. There is one issue. How do you increment the cost of play to account for
    the increase in price / value? How do you increment price per game to match.. 1.25 per play, 1.50 or 2.
    Not sure people going pop 2 dollars in ( especially if new to pinball ) that's an expensive lesson. Odd dollar amounts
    might encourage a replay or annoy others. That would be 8-10 dollar coin drop per league night. 5 plays...
    With people not drinking as much ( statistically speaking ) that really makes it hard to earn much. 2 dollars
    for a soda / bottled water. Non drinkers not going to make up diff. Changing demographics more platers transitioning to families.
    Conundrum for sure.

Covid still a thing its tough... I am yet again setback into how I could open a space that even breaks even.
    Then the focus shifts and that can be hard to manage.

If Stern / JJJP / and others went to a more electronic means of payment. Operators could increment
    cost of play by 10% to consumer.. Or perhaps there just needs to be an entire new price per play model.
    Current method of coin operation is problematic. Seems that you'd want to kick the actual Coin part of
    operation. So where does the focus for Home owners go.. Used WPC and Williams games.

#357 2 years ago

Stern might be pricing people out of Stern Option, those same people probably not JJP fans.

Think American Pinball should not be ignored as a Stern Pro replacement plan.
    Hotwheels for the money really is a pretty damn good game in my opinion. If
    American can follow up with something that is just as well coded and designed
    I think Stern may of opened up a Market Opportunity.

I'm sure the people over at Spooky will take note to. Next year when they unveil what
    they got under dev they should seriously consider making a game that can compete
    with American for this spot. If they can create a game that is just as packed, solid as
    Pro's of old.

Perhaps people just need to branch out.

Think there are plenty other options out there. Can't really say much about the new
    era of Stern though as I probably won't be able to play Godzilla for awhile.
    Full disclosure I ordered one.. Just giving me a little more motivation to clear out
    games I don't really need.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-price-increases-may-be-pushing-me-out-of-this-hobby?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.