Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243158951_836639187055880_1111407005989233472_n (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210827_183312406 (resized).jpg
    a7a07a5879a72dc8749ba777f7db4e9eecf5832c (resized).jpg
    6926E45F-8E59-4554-B39E-55EA9EBFF5CA (resized).jpeg
    FB55DE01-DBD2-475D-91C4-F015F7B814FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

Won't be getting out, but might not be buying more games if the increases are too crazy. Sold a couple games recently so I have room and I could pop for a new one, and pretty much planned to do that - but, if the jump in prices is is too big for my comfort level, I can just stand pat and play what I have. Shall see shortly I guess. Really have more than enough nice games to play.

#16 2 years ago

Whatever part of the upcoming increase is added because of the inter connect feature does not thrill me. Paying for a feature I do not want. I'd rather they add another spinner or pop bumper or something. The new feature might be good for operators and some players might like it - but no thanks for me. I may reconsider buying that next game if the jump is too big. Gomez said there will be subscribed content in there in the future. I will not pay to unlock some gameplay feature that should be in the game in the first place. It's a future revenue stream based add on despite what else is being bandied about.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Prices going up, stern will blame a fancy new camera no one will use instead of their desire to find the ceiling, people say they can't buy games anymore, other people tell him to sell those games and play location. But what about mr.operator? Another 600 bucks for a pro has just devalued that space a wpc could take up in a bar. Sterns are reliable and that's the only reason ops buy them, it certainly isn't the price. I had sterns on location next to older DMD games they did the same coin drop. Stern should be careful here I think they are finally on that line.

Excellent point on the Stern Pros - the Legit bonifide Operators bread and butter for location play. Hobby operators who dabble with location play might be able to stomach the increases a bit more easily, but the Genuine Game Operator at some point is not going to be able to afford to buy NIB games to fill or freshen routes.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Pinball has been doing well recently for those guys also. I'm sure prices of the other games the operator buys have increased also. It's not just a pinball thing.

I think the operator was pointing out that coin drop on the new Stern games vs older games wasn't much different. He could fill his spaces with other older games. The Stern pricing at some point is going to have the operators buying less and less NIB games. There is a tipping point he was indicating if I read him correctly.

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sterns are reliable and that's the only reason ops buy them, it certainly isn't the price. I had sterns on location next to older DMD games they did the same coin drop. Stern should be careful here I think they are finally on that line.

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Any official word on just what the Price increase is?
    I'm not sure that business as usual is possible in this inflated market. Inflation is here.
    The problem is.... ROI is going be tough to realize. Lot of operators are already running on
    razor thin margins in some marketplaces.
    From a home collector / enthusiast standpoint. I know my Pinball budget for 2021 is
    already feeling the pinch from the last increases. I count myself blessed but 2020/2021 was
    a hard year for many.

Nothing official yet on price increase

2 weeks later
    #341 2 years ago
    Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So, are there more people like me out there, that may have bought 2-3 games a year, and are now barely willing to buy one?
    This latest price increase has definitely impacted my buying decisions, so it'll interesting to see how others react.

Yes. Regular buyers may take pause now... I have an empty space I could fill. But, an extra stool or place to sit and keeping the money in the bank has become very attractive.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-price-increases-may-be-pushing-me-out-of-this-hobby?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.