Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by horseflesh
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

243158951_836639187055880_1111407005989233472_n (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210827_183312406 (resized).jpg
    a7a07a5879a72dc8749ba777f7db4e9eecf5832c (resized).jpg
    6926E45F-8E59-4554-B39E-55EA9EBFF5CA (resized).jpeg
    FB55DE01-DBD2-475D-91C4-F015F7B814FA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago

Oh the humanity.... I can no longer afford my grossly overpriced toys.

I feel so sorry for your first world problems.

Whats next sell the boat or cut down on golf trips?

Everything on the planet is getting more expensive thanks to pandemic related labor and component shortages so may want to be saving your money anyways.

#25 2 years ago

Lol.. I knew my comment would get downvoted.

Typical entitled attitude. Like you somehow deserve to have whatever you want and anyone who says otherwise is being "mean" or a "hater".

Cant afford current prices? go out and earn more money and stop bitching.

Pinball is a luxury item and they have been overpriced for years. Dont like the prices? dont buy them.

I went from having 20 or so games to just a few because prices went way up so I stopped buying them even though I can "afford" whatever I want.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Of course you did. You’re a arrogance shows. You came back on to justify your comment and brag about your wealth and explain your PhD in tool manufacturing. Good job, bravo!

Im not bragging about wealth... I am bragging about not being an idiot or a whiner.

When prices suck I dont buy things and get on with my life...

I guess i could complain about it? does that make people feel better?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Really? You extrapolated from the original post that he was a idiot and that he is a whiner? Think a little deeper and use less frontal lobe.

Lol... OK Ill let you guys get back to complaining about the rising costs of overpriced luxury items you dont need.

My heart really goes out to the OP for this incredible hardship he is facing.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Your comment got downvoted because you were a dick head. If I had made this post on a starving child website, then you're comments are warranted. I'm on a hobby website discussing how I'm getting priced out of that hobby. It's relevant. Why are you here?

See pinball corpse above....

My comments are warranted because you are a guy who owns a room full of games... apparently upset that you cant get more?

Ever think of getting a second job so you can buy more? or any other ways of making more money? easier to complain?

The constant whining about pricing that goes on here is ridiculous.

No one owes you a living or an expensive hobby.

Prices will keep going up, demand is sky high, supply is short and more and more people get in the hobby every day.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ll never understand why we constantly need new threads and posts from people who are announcing they are out of the nib game.
    No one cares.

Because its 2021 and this is what people do... complain about their situation and do nothing about it, hope for a bail out or miracle.

This country is in for a shit kicking with inflation and recession and our workers are soft.

Everyone is a victim these days and just a human pile of complaint and reasons why they cant change things.

Its far easier to look around you and list the reasons you cant then to ya know... just get off your ass and fix your situation.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Ok dad, we understand you are complaining about people complaining so stop complaining about what you are complaining about.
    People use to have to push a quarter in a machine to play, you whipper snappers have it made with dropping quarters in a slot, dollar bill acceptors and pay-range.

Huh?

Sorry its hard to hear with the constant drone of Wahhhhhh "life is unfair" and "what about my needs" that goes on 24 hours a day in this country now.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Wow some people just arent getting it. There are those who had a tough time buying a used machine let alone a nib pro. Now they cant afford neither. Are people entitled to whatever they want? Absolutely not. But ya dont have to be dicks and say pay more, quit whining. Or, the resale will be higher..well if u cant buy it there is no resale. Op is just venting. Let him vent, say i feel ya man and move on.

The guy owns 8 games... what are people not getting?

Id like to own a jet but they are expensive so I dont have one. thats life.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

You're such a hypocrite, it blows my mind.

Really?

I would think owning 8 games and complaining you are somehow "priced out of the hobby" would qualify as more hypocritical but thats just me I guess.

1 week later
    #314 2 years ago
    Quoted from alienpoker:

I dunno, I guess I agree it’s becoming an expensive hobby.

You guys are ridiculous.

People were saying this when prices were "cheap" a decade or more ago...

It has always been an expensive hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-price-increases-may-be-pushing-me-out-of-this-hobby?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.