Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by legendpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DILE-playfield-close-LE (resized).png
    go on (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I've been going to various barricades and trying all the new machines. I have to admit none of them made any lasting impression
    or had that "One more game" feel. It may be better if you actually own the machine and can hear the audio clearly.

No offense but from someone who owns only 30 and 40 year old pins, it’s hard to take serious your opinion. It’s like someone likes how baseball or basketball was played 40-50 years ago and saying these new players are just flash and can’t hold a candle to the old timers. Like pinball or cars for example have the same basic structure as 40 years ago but they are different doesn’t mean the old ones are better.

But the fact is the newer games might be more barren not a million toys but they have unbelievable rules (some cases).

I just bought SW premium which only has 2 ramps, 2 orbits and one horseshoe loop. But there is a so much more than just a basic 5-6 shot layout would lead you to think.

#25 4 years ago

anyway to me I’d rather have a design that works than one that is fresh but shoots like poo.

I realize Maiden shoots and is a newer type, maybe DP too. But regular pins like SM, ST, AccDc just shoot great and I can have a good time rather than a new design RZ which is different.

Maybe I call it comfort pinball.

#29 4 years ago

I don’t know. Take a game like AFM top 3 on most ratings. So you make a pin like that today and it’s called barren or no toys. It’s fine on AFM, nothing else can be like this now?

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I wouldn't look at a persons Posted collection and make any assumptions. The majority of the pins I appreciate are solid state but honestly Stern Titles are not among them. Cookie-cutter comes to mind. Again, perhaps they are better in a intimate setting rather than a loud crowded setting.
    Thanks for the lecture though, it is good to meet superior,refined Owner/Players that can set cretins straight.

LoL

#82 4 years ago

Gosh darn it Shula’s steak menu is Super Disappointing.

#96 4 years ago

I’m *more* concerned with code and gameplay than if xyz is original. I mean I read that some people think Tron is just Funhouse layout or Congo (I don’t know anymore at this point). So their reasoning is because Tron is a rehash of another game then by default Tron is not good. I’m not making this up I’ve read it before.

I don’t care if it new or old design, I’m buying what I like to play. If I like AFM and maybe it’s similar to IM or Metallica or whatever that’s because I like this type of layout and I’ll but several.

I like ST and SM which are quite similar. Also both highly rated and big sellers. My point is I don’t wish ST was some off the wall layout that may not shoot as well. I’d rather have a nice proven layout.

Sure ST could have been different and good like Maiden but also could have been different and bad like WWE. But one proof of success is taking something people love and making it slightly different.

I think we can see some different pins like WWE haven’t sold well.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got a chance to play a few of the latest Stern's last night on location. Elvira premium, Black Knight LE, Dead Pool Pro, and Jurassic Park Premium. Jurassic Park Premium was excellent, kinda want to buy one now. The game has a unique and fast layout. Elvira was fun but damn does that game seem bare and the short 100% plastic ramps look extremely cheap which is unacceptable on a $7500+ pin in my opinion. Elvira left me thinking "this game is fun but no way in hell is it worth $7800+". I'm sure the $15k model with the couch piece offers and entirely different experience (*insert sarcasm).
    Dead Pool was fun and as a pro game I think it offers a decent value. Black Knight LE was the worst of them all in my opinion and the 3 friends I played it with. The upper playfield is dull and the main toy (the flail on the knight) likes to shoot the ball right down the middle. Fun...no. The lack of shots and mind numbing 120% pace drumming for the main track doesn't help either.
    Jurassic Park Premium / LE has one hell of a fun layout with some cool features spread throughout the game. Keith is 2 for 2 so far and is bringing a breath of fresh air into Stern's playfield designs. I like many past Ritchie and Borg layouts but think both designers need to try something new with their playfield designs.

I agree with you on this especially BK LE the upper PF (super lame) some guy trying to sell an BKLE at $2k off.

I agree Elvira is not the best of many of these later pins like JP and Maiden, I can not understand how the premium costs $400 more than a normal premium.

I have not found a LE worth spending extra for since STLE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-playfield-design-is-super-disappointing?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.