Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by legendpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DILE-playfield-close-LE (resized).png
    go on (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Well AP, JJP and Spooky don't seem to be plagued by this for some reason.

Ur right they are plagued by so much more.
    There's plenty of pretentious pinball douchbagery at play here, if its not full of plastic toys and some kind of gooky new shot then its a rip off. I played some Wonka and Oktorberfest the other night, I'll take BK3 pro anytime. The other 2 look good and have lots of crap but that doesn't make them better pinball machines.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

They're the pop genre of pinball. They know that something works, and it makes them money, so they rinse and repeat, like what they play on Top 40 radio.

Crap

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern wants to charge $9k+ for their games that's fine but they need to include multiple 3D molds (not flat plastics...JP, BKSWOR),

Garbage, ur generalizing like theres only one model.

Quoted from loneacer:

For me, a fun game starts with more than 2 flippers, more than 1 ramp, and a subway.

why would u do that? Ok theme I can see but setting a limit on the number of flippers/ramps and the need of a subway.

Well this all kinda proves what ur dealing with on Pinside a lot of the time. Now I'll be deemed a Stern fanboy for this, just watch it will happen.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

See we differ greatly here because I'd take just the thought of owning a Wonka or Oktoberfest over actually owning a BK3.

Exactly.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

To a teenager that had never seen the underside of a playfield before, I didn't know what just happened.

Ok well as a 5 year I could maybe see the wonder in the whole subway thing but as a teenager? The magic just wasn't there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-playfield-design-is-super-disappointing?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.