Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by legendpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DILE-playfield-close-LE (resized).png
    go on (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I don't buy that excuse for a second.

go on (resized).pnggo on (resized).png
    #11 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

crazylevi - Well AP, JJP and Spooky don't seem to be plagued by this for some reason.

True...and the majority of those playfields show why "innovation" isn't necessarily a good thing in pinball.

There's only so much you can do with a multi-level playfield with modern flipper speeds and not have it turn into a clunky mess.

The good news is, if the Stern playfields ain't doing it for ya, you can buy Oktoberfest, Houdini, Hobbit, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, etc. Knock yourself out. And the SUPER good news is the masterpiece of innovative layout, RAZA, is on the horizon!

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Literally had this argument with a stern coder the other day who visited our venue down here, he was a real stern fanboy about it

A stern coder was a stern fanboy?!

Tell us more.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think Pat Lawlor proved that theory wrong with Dialed In. It helps when a designer isn't extremely limited due to budgets.

Dialed in is a great game.

It's also an immediately familiar layout to anybody who has played and enjoyed Pat Lawlor's games before. I don't understand using it as an example of "innovation" when in fact it's an endorsement of designers tweaking their comfortable layouts from their popular legacy works.

NASCAR shows you what you get when guys like Lawlor try to "think outside the box," and it ain't pretty.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Deadpool feels pretty fresh imo

So did Ghostbusters, Walking Dead, Maiden, JP, even Beatles!

Stern tries new stuff all the time, and they put out about 5 games a year.

The OP doesn't like Elvira so he declares all Stern layouts are the same. It's silly. The name of the thread should be "Elvira's playfield design is disappointing," and it shouldn't even exist as it's a statement that could easily be articulated in one of the many Elvira threads.

So don't buy Elvira, get one of the "innovative" Stern playfield games. Or wait 3 months for the next one to be revealed and see if you like that. Or buy the latest clunker from one of the "boutiques," there's plenty of options here that doesn't involving whining and pretending that every Stern layout is the same as Elvira.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Gotta hand it to Levi, every time there's a Stern bashing thread, he grabs that lunchpail and gets to work.

It's almost like I'm trying to get a job with lower pay, 6 weeks fewer time off, and a forced move to a City I'd hate to live in!

I get a lot of shit of this unfairly. You see me picking on idiots' arguments all over Pinside but people latch solely on to the Stern stuff!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

You know why a ramp is 100x better than a subway? Because I can see the ball. It's a bat & ball game. No see ball, no fun. It's that simple.

People want what they can't have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-s-playfield-design-is-super-disappointing?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.